magnesium, polysorbate 80, decalcification, fibrosis and nizoral

Share/Bookmark

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 108

September 08, 2010, 05:49 PM

hey everybody i’d like a little input..

i know its here somewhere in quite a lengthy thread, so please forgive my laziness cheese

magnesium oil is quite expensive but i do recall somebody stating that Epsom salts are just as useful. what is the general consensus on this? how would it be used? should i just soak my feet for 1/2 an hour a day or make an epsom salt compress and apply it to my scalp, if so for how long and how often?

currently i am using a polysorbate 80 and ethyl alcohol mixture (50/50) i had been using it only on laser days for the past couple of weeks but i am wondering if i should be doing this on a daily basis? i recall that it is considered to have some mild regrowth effects. i also think, although i am not certain, that it was the main ingredient in the Helsinki formula or Fabio 101, which ever one it was some men did indeed achieve some benefit.

what does everybody think would be the best way to decalcify the scalp? for that one i’m not really sure about.

can you guys offer me some suggestions for reducing, controlling or perhaps (hopefully) reversing fibrosis? i think i remember pumpkin peels or tca peels? but i dont exactly recall. perhaps just the good ole dermaroller?

also has anybody used this Epilobium with any positive hair benefits, i know nid has and stated that he thinks he has less fallout, but has any one used it longer and noticed any regrowth or thickening of existing hair?

and finally, i have been using nizoral (the 1% that you buy OTC), does anyone think its worth it for me to order the 2% online?

in addition, if anyone has experiences to share regarding the above mentioned products please share..

IGNORE

FunkyStumpfighter

RankRank

Total Posts: 64

# 1 ]

September 08, 2010, 06:28 PM

I can’t speak to a lot of that, but I have found that topical Lugol’s iodine works really well for treating fibrosis. There is a thread somewhere on here detailing my experience up until about a month ago, but to paraphrase I have seen rather significant velus growth (a few terminals here and there, nothing significant as of yet) where I have been applying Lugol’s with a little DMSO. Not only this, but these areas used to be rather tough and leathery, but now are much softer, much more sensitive, and have a much healthier glow.

I personally feel like a month of daily Lugol’s applications could have a much more powerful effect on fibrosis than a few chemical peels could ever have. It would be a pain in the ass to use on the bulk of the scalp every day, youd probably have to use $50 worth of Lugol’s 2% to get it done, and your scalp would be rather tough and constantly peeling, but it would certainly get the job done. If nothing else, it would give you a good head start, and you could probably use less drastic treatments like enzymes/light peels/etc from that point on. Youd probably need a good boar brush as well, as it causes your skin to peel as though you had a TCA treatment done every 3 or 4 days, and this does not work to well with a black shirt on.

I do not know if this would cause a shed, it does not seem to have caused one for me. Then again, I use it on my bare hair line and the inch of hair directly behind it, so I can’t be sure. Something to keep in mind though, in case other things don’t work out and you’re willing to experiment a bit.

IGNORE

Tritium

RankRank

Total Posts: 43

# 2 ]

September 09, 2010, 05:10 PM

517 - September 08, 2010, 05:49 PM

hey everybody i’d like a little input..

i know its here somewhere in quite a lengthy thread, so please forgive my laziness cheese

magnesium oil is quite expensive but i do recall somebody stating that Epsom salts are just as useful. what is the general consensus on this? how would it be used? should i just soak my feet for 1/2 an hour a day or make an epsom salt compress and apply it to my scalp, if so for how long and how often?

currently i am using a polysorbate 80 and ethyl alcohol mixture (50/50) i had been using it only on laser days for the past couple of weeks but i am wondering if i should be doing this on a daily basis? i recall that it is considered to have some mild regrowth effects. i also think, although i am not certain, that it was the main ingredient in the Helsinki formula or Fabio 101, which ever one it was some men did indeed achieve some benefit.

what does everybody think would be the best way to decalcify the scalp? for that one i’m not really sure about.

can you guys offer me some suggestions for reducing, controlling or perhaps (hopefully) reversing fibrosis? i think i remember pumpkin peels or tca peels? but i dont exactly recall. perhaps just the good ole dermaroller?

also has anybody used this Epilobium with any positive hair benefits, i know nid has and stated that he thinks he has less fallout, but has any one used it longer and noticed any regrowth or thickening of existing hair?

and finally, i have been using nizoral (the 1% that you buy OTC), does anyone think its worth it for me to order the 2% online?

in addition, if anyone has experiences to share regarding the above mentioned products please share..

Magnesium oils and epsom salts are about as effective as each other from what I read on immortalhair’s forum. Immortal Hair himself takes a magnesium supplement in preference to magnesium oil/epsom salts.

I personally only use Poly80 on LLT days because;
a) I’m lazy
b) It’s not terribly practical
c) I’ve not heard of a compelling reason to do it daily!

The nizoral I have no clue, I just use the normal stuff on LLT days. The shampoo has SLS in it so I won’t be using it daily. SLS is not good for open hair follicles.

On the fibrosis issue there has been talk of using bromelain on the scalp.  It’s a protease, a protein digesting enzyme that apparently should help with fibrosis but without damaging your scalp. I remember BodyShop did a pineapple/bromelain shampoo about a decade ago actually. Bromelain require an acidic environment to work, so a mix might be bromelain, a few drops of lemon juice and water. I may go with vodka and a dash of emu oil which might help it penetrate into the scalp.

Please note the apparently, might and mays used in the last paragraph!

Tritium

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 3 ]

September 19, 2010, 07:51 PM

To decalcify the scalp - I think jdp talked about some acidic liquids, or from an internal point of view, K2 and d3 from Life Extension (and tocotrienols)  worked incredible for me, along with Mg Orotate - all recommended by Immortal and then OMG;messiah made more sprout. Ive only falen behind becaise I am swamped in sebum and perhaps stipidly put off using Poly 80, so I’ve gone backwrds, I’m using Nizoral now but bracketing it with a pure aloe vera shampoo and that reduces the sebum as well as covering me in anti-inflammatory effects of the aloe to offset SLS. D2 is also beneficial in small doses but no one talks about that. try a sea buckthron oil or shampoo to help - contact Karen at scalpskinworks. I’ve not tried it yet, but it all makes sense to me.

Ultimately I feel the calcification is diet related and perhaps the easiest to fix UNLESS your Magensium pumps have stopped working. Just take Magensium citrate or magnesium Ascorbate every day. Fibrosis - look up eucidil, or flruidil? I have not looked at it as it is a drug. And for Nizoral, if you have high sebum or dermatitis like I have then it can wirk wonders, but as I hinted at above I would use an anti inflammatry too, to offset the downsides - esoecially iof you are sesnitive. if you are sensitive Polysorbate 80 has 80 moles of ethylene oxde (not sogood for yo) wheras Polysorbate 20 has only 20.

IME so far in trying to turn around 3 months of going backwards StRESS is a huge killer, as it fires up the sebum gland like crazy (makes us slippery to get away from dinosaurs, I kid you not) and hence yoru sebum rpoduction goes sky high, resulting clogged follicles,more DHT, less efficient all round for treatments.

So to be candid, i thought I had hair loss completely beat, until I ran into sebum. OMG saw the imporvements thanks to him and immortal, and a master who is now 71 who still has ALL his hair, when he began losing at 35 - and he used Poly 8- and beleive it or not a formula quite similar to Zix - 36 years ago. So Zix works too. BUt sebum, what a %^&$*ER.

Anyway at least I know why I have had te oiss and teh skin falking n teh scalp, justr a BAD case of dermatitis.

PS - just showered with Nizoral and that aloe vera and scalp feels WAY WAY better. Now to get the little beautie to grow thick again. Auragh!

Hope that helps…

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.