Results with Scalp Skin Works

Share/Bookmark

ljc08-huli

Rank

Total Posts: 4

September 30, 2010, 09:02 AM

Hi everyone.  Been a long time since I last posted and this is overdue. 

Over the past spring/summer I experienced some great results following the Scalp Skin Basic program found on Scalp Skin Lady’s website: www.scalpskinworks.com.  That coupled with ongoing lasering (350 diode laser messiah) seemed to totally halt loss and kick some regrowth into high gear.  I was amazed at how much things had thickened up by the time I cut my hair in late August.  Like an idiot though I sort of got off the routine while travelling (thus rarely lasered) and I ran out of the pumpkin enzymes used for the scalp peels and as a result have been shedding for most of September. 

My story basically goes like this: 

November 08 get my hair cut and am shocked to see a very thin patch on the crown/vertex.  Stress and panic for a bit.  Go to the doctor and end up on fin.  Get almost immediate sides so drop it.  Things return to normal but hair loss accelerating.  Finally around Christmas 08 discover lasers and get on with building a helmet.  Lasering for almost a year with little/no success.  In that time try a variety of things - A&G (huge failure), Dermaheal (no results), zix (best I tried but dried hair out to much and, on me at least, dry hair sheds more quickly), and scalpure.  Ended up trying the Scalp Skin Basic and saw some modest improvements but stupidly got impatient and after reading about papain and bromelain tried that.  That didn’t really pan out for me.  Tried spiro and got sides (breast tenderness) then finally remembered around late April that the scalp skin stuff seemed to work.  Got back on that.

I love the pumpkin enzyme peel.  Scalp always feels better after and hair feels stronger and shedding goes down.  I believe it is synergistic with lasers.  Not only does it exfoliate the scalp but I believe that it has stuff in it that nourishes the hair as well.  The essential oils (primarily seabuckthorn) calm the scalp which for me in the early days was really important and keep it free of parasites, etc. which can cause problems.  My experience has been that a healthy scalp is more likely to be affected in a positive manner by lasers and that the two (scalp skin system and lasers) are a great combination.

IGNORE

bear101

RankRank

Total Posts: 55

# 1 ]

September 30, 2010, 05:50 PM

How much money is the scalp skin works treatment and how often/when do you apply it?

Has anyone else tried this? Thanks

IGNORE

ljc08-huli

Rank

Total Posts: 4

# 2 ]

September 30, 2010, 07:20 PM

Hey Bear,

Scalp Skin Lady posts here.  See her post on essential oils.  She also has a website:  www.scalpskinworks.com which provides more info.  Using the essential oils is a daily thing, at least for a long period of time at the beginning.  The exfoliations with the pumpkin enzymes are a weekly thing for 8-10 weeks and then every two weeks.  It seemed kind of sketchy to me when I started but I was kind of desperate so I tried it.  Best decision I’ve made.  For me anyway there is a lot of substance to this program an it finally allowed me to see some success from lasers as well. 

For me, if my scalp is healthy my hair seems to stay strong and grow.  If it is unhealthy, dry, irritated, inflamed then I am in trouble. 

Hope this helps.

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 3 ]

October 06, 2010, 10:47 AM

Just to add my two cents - I believe Scalp Skin Lady’s advice is excellent, truly. It’s part of the must do list, just like OMG laser’s, the supps, clean environment, detox, good diet, exercise and topicals with track record like Zix.

And this is both in my opinion and IME.

If I may say, her stuff rocks.

best regards to all,
M

IGNORE

Scalp Skin Lady

RankRank

Total Posts: 63

# 4 ]

October 06, 2010, 08:08 PM

Hi Bear,

You can call me Karen instead of Scalp Skin Lady.  As ljc mentioned the treatments are done by you in your home, with the SCALP SYSTEMS BASIC kit.  The instructions are easy to follow and within 6 weeks there will be a notable difference in the way your scalp feels.  All products are organic and beneficial to the scalp and hair.  I think OMG just started using the kit, but he hasn’t contacted me yet with any opinions.

Thanks ljc and mastery for your kind remarks.

When your take into consideration what the system does, restoring healthy and hygiene, it’s a natural occurance for the scalp to improve and hair to grow when conditions are corrected and balanced. 
Please feel free to contact me through this forum or through my email personally @ .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 903

# 5 ]

October 07, 2010, 03:51 PM

Hey, Everybody!

I plan to do A LOT of work with Scalp Skin Lady so that we all know everything we need to know about this!  I’ve heard enough anecdotal e evidence that using this in conjunction with laser therapy would get even better results –and it makes total sense…. You’re “fixing” the surface of your scalp, and therefore it’ll be more conducive to better laser results.

In fact, I think that it’ll probably show to have fantastic anti-calcification and anti-fibrotic results that could annihilate the 30 month window.

I’ll do my part to make sure everyone knows what’s going on so we can get a lot of people doing this.  That way it won’t be a mystery anymore, and we’ll have a list of tangible results that we can point to!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

RankRank

Total Posts: 51

# 6 ]

May 17, 2013, 10:17 AM

Can I purchase this on a website or do I have to do it through email?

IGNORE

Gregsmom48

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

# 7 ]

May 22, 2013, 07:07 AM

Can somebody please link us up to the scalp skin lady’s post on essential oils? I’ve always been a big believer since the Edinburgh study. Also a crazy book by some woman named Riquette - grow your hair in 12 weeks or something like that. Her reasons didn’t always make sense but her essential oils advice did - thx! h

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 8 ]

May 24, 2013, 03:41 PM

Haven’t heard the name Riquette in maybe thirty years.  Back then I saw her on Regis Philbin’s local show here in Los Angeles, and she advocated, as a remedy for baldness, using a toothbrush to ‘scrub in’ a mixture of Alka Seltzer and other ingredients into the scalp.  She was a real character!

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.