Growth Hormone for hairloss

Share/Bookmark

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

November 27, 2010, 05:00 PM

Does anyone know of any quality GH supplements that may help with hairloss.  I’m really interested in the idea of using growth hormone in a treatment regimen.  I think Lidell makes gh supplements for hairloss.  Does anyone have any experience.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

December 01, 2010, 07:09 PM

Hi Neutron. I messed around with this kind of thing several years ago and I do think it is helpful. Here’s what I know and perhaps you could pick up from there and move forward. First stay away from GH supplements….not because some of them might not be helpful but that there are cheaper and much more powerful ways to increase GH levels.

I would start by buying the book “Stopping The Clock” by Dr Ronald Klotz. It’s a very inexpensive paperback and will explain everything you need to know. Surprisingly one of the most powerful things you can do to increases GH levels is to fast. Exercising when you’re fasting is even more powerful.

To some degree I do continue to follow this theory. I often do some fasting and I often exercise while my stomach is growling.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 2 ]

December 01, 2010, 08:55 PM

Zix.  Its funny because I would think fasting would have the reverse effect.  When you say fast, how often and how long do you mean?  Also, do you have some examples of things that would increase GHJ.  Ill check out that book this weekend. I usually hit the book store on saturdays.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 3 ]

December 01, 2010, 10:11 PM

I don’t think you’ll find the book in the bookstore but I’m sure you can get it for next to nothing on amazon.com.

How long to fast? You see I gave my copy away to someone that I am no longer in touch with. But I seem to remember somewhere between 24-48 hours. L-glutamine is an amono acid which will increase HGH but you have to cycle on and off it or you will become immune to it. There are some other amino acids that also cause GH levels to increase but I forgot what they were.

If you look at the human body from a truly natural perspective we were designed by nature to fast. We evolved by needing to go with out food for periods of time when food is scarce. We also tend to be on the move during those periods looking for the food. That’s what we now call exercise!

We’ve totally eliminated this from our lives. When we’re hungry a simple stroll to the fridge is all we need to do!

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 4 ]

December 01, 2010, 10:39 PM

Very true.  Sometimes I wonder if my hairloss has anything to do with blood sugar.  I have diabetes in my family history and everyone whose effected seemed to have diffuse thinning. I know R-Lipoic Acid is supposed to keep sugar levels under control.  Problem is that I like lifting weights and benefit greatly from several small meals a day.  I actually feel much better and healthier with this diet.

Interesting you mentioned early humans and long periods on the move. I think this is why excercise has become so important.  Oftertimes, people kid themselves by saying that lifting weights is completely unneccessary. I disagree because to many of us this is the only descent muscle excercise we get.  I work in an office and rarely get any type of workout if not in the gym.  Maybe at one time excercise was not necessary.  However, I think it has become increasingly important in society today.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 5 ]

December 02, 2010, 07:45 PM

Hey Neutron. Here’s a link to the book. You can buy one used for 3 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=stopping+the+clock&x=12&y=23

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 510

# 6 ]

December 03, 2010, 06:21 PM

Incidentally, the Warrior Diet also talks about how you will release significantly more growth hormone in your body if you work out on an empty stomach.  The diet is based on eating light food throughout the day such as nuts, seeds, some fruit and veggies, and one giant meal at the end of your day when all of your physical work is done.  Does wonders for your energy levels!

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 7 ]

December 04, 2010, 03:21 AM

weights, hard - twice a day, short duration (20 - 30 mins) - at peak cortisol times, say 8am and then before bed.That and lots of sex will spike your GH. If you really want to spike it, get up at 4am, work out with free weights for 45 minutes, have sex & protein shake (+ appropriate supps) then go back to bed till say noon.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 8 ]

December 04, 2010, 07:26 PM

While we are on this topic let me pose a question to the weight lifters here.  Im personally looking to increase GH levels for hair reasons.  However, does anyone find that weight lifting has negatively impacted their hair.  I can’t personally confirm whether it has effected my hair or not. What I can say is that I feel much better lifting as opposed not lifting.  I feel that i shed the same even when im not working out.  I do hear people from time to time blame excessive hairloss on lifting weights.  Or at least say that their hairloss was escalated by weight lifting. Any thoughts?

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

Total Posts: 198

# 9 ]

December 04, 2010, 07:46 PM

Increasing growth hormone levels will increase testosterone and then convert to dht in those not taking supplements or other to protect.  Lifting weights increases testosterone and then dht.  It’s unfortunate, but I beleive weight-lifing accelerates mpb.  Also from my experience taking account of daily shed on days off or weeks off working out…........my loss is almost cut in half.

“A door within the fire creaks, suddenly flies open and a girl is standing there.  Eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints as fair, she takes her fan and throws it in the Lion’s Den.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEl8OlQlLc&featur;

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 10 ]

December 04, 2010, 08:42 PM

Hi DM5. You know I’ve heard that for years and myself have come to accept the idea that weight lifting accelerates MPB. It does make some degree of sense but do we actually have any studies that demonstrate this to be a fact? Do you know of any?

I don’t believe however that increasing GH will accelerate MPB. I believe the opposite is true.

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

# 11 ]

December 04, 2010, 08:47 PM

I agree that weight lifting will affect MPB unless you take the necessary supplements and diet to counter it.  Laser Helmet would help a good deal well on the inflammation side.  I also agree with Zix that increasing GH could only stand to benefit hair, but the corresponding increase in test will result in an increase in DHT; it’s only natural.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 12 ]

December 05, 2010, 02:18 AM

Nidhogge..

Do you workout?  Also, which supplements would counter DHT.  My hairloss is diffuse all over my scalp and im not really sure if DHT has anything to do with it.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 13 ]

December 05, 2010, 03:39 AM

Neutron. While you wait for nid to respond I’ll step in here and say that he has a whole line of supplements that he has manufactured specifically for treating hair loss. It attacks the whole problem from many biochemical angles.

IGNORE

scottyc33

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 141

# 14 ]

December 05, 2010, 05:27 PM

Nidhogge - December 04, 2010, 08:47 PM

I agree that weight lifting will affect MPB unless you take the necessary supplements and diet to counter it.  Laser Helmet would help a good deal well on the inflammation side.  I also agree with Zix that increasing GH could only stand to benefit hair, but the corresponding increase in test will result in an increase in DHT; it’s only natural.

I thought the real issue was the cortisol increase?

IGNORE

scottyc33

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 141

# 15 ]

December 05, 2010, 05:46 PM

Nidhogge - December 03, 2010, 06:21 PM

Incidentally, the Warrior Diet also talks about how you will release significantly more growth hormone in your body if you work out on an empty stomach.  The diet is based on eating light food throughout the day such as nuts, seeds, some fruit and veggies, and one giant meal at the end of your day when all of your physical work is done.  Does wonders for your energy levels!

Isn’t fasted cardio also great for fat-burning as well?

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

Total Posts: 198

# 16 ]

December 05, 2010, 07:38 PM

Yeah forgot that SOD(super oxide dismutase) antioxidant levels are spent/decreased when you work out.  LLLT increases levels of SOD a great deal.  I have actually been thinking about timing my Laser Helmet usage after my workouts to get an extra edge.  Anything that blocks DHT such as supplements, Zix topical   even crap pharmaceuticals(not recommended) would help if your increasing GH.  Immortal was saying that suppressing MMP-9 is really important when increasing Igf-1 to offset the damage.    Ecklonia Cava and Green Tea both do a great job at that.

“A door within the fire creaks, suddenly flies open and a girl is standing there.  Eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints as fair, she takes her fan and throws it in the Lion’s Den.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEl8OlQlLc&featur;

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 17 ]

December 05, 2010, 10:11 PM

DM5..

I do exactly that by working out and then shower followed by laser treatment.  Now Im happier that is my process.

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

# 18 ]

December 06, 2010, 12:04 AM

+ 1 -in that workout, shower, then laser.

My weights over last 3 months (gained 15 lbs) has thickened hair, but less so succesful now - but not at frontal line nor on legs..

Now moving to tai chi…

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

# 19 ]

December 08, 2010, 12:19 AM

Yes and yes to Scottyc33!  Too much cortisol production is an issue as well, and cardio + fasting will also increase GH when doing interval training, while also greatly boosting metabolic rate.  AbSolutions and Strength for Life by Shawn Philips are great books to learn a lot about the benefits of interval training and how to execute various exercises properly.

IGNORE

StrangeDaze

Rank

Total Posts: 3

# 20 ]

December 08, 2010, 01:23 AM

Do you guys recommend any ‘natural’ DHT blockers to counterbalance a rise in testosterone?

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

# 21 ]

December 10, 2010, 01:18 AM

Nid - not sure anyone has got into this yert, but if you train at teh right time you will actualy use up the DHT. Wonder what jdp might view on this?

However, issues of neurological fatigue are to be considered if you work out hard. Equally, I suggest tht many have underlyinghealth issues that weights can risk (not that it will) driving further underground by using up essential energy to build muscle when other tissue is still, of course, defective.

The definitive answer is, in my view, as always to listen to your body.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.