Nerve issues

Share/Bookmark

brh

RankRank

Total Posts: 84

November 28, 2010, 05:07 PM

For years Ive had a had dull pain in my hands thought to be carpel tunnel like. I use to type and play on the computer a lot. Its usually worse during the night or when I wake up. It also gets much worse the next day after using my hands. FE. using an axe or playing basketball.

It now seems to stem from a nerve in my elbow. There is a nerve in your elbows that control the muscles in your hands. I had a compression test done and everything was normal. I’m just curious if anyone else has ever had an issue like this and what you did. Ive tried steroids for inflammation and they didn’t help. Ive tried elbow pads and wrist guards as well.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

IGNORE

lmao

RankRank

Total Posts: 57

# 1 ]

November 28, 2010, 09:18 PM

IGNORE

brh

RankRank

# 2 ]

November 28, 2010, 10:46 PM

Anxious i remember you talking about that a while back. I kinda wantwd to get down to where this may be coming from. I have boney elbows and have hit my “funny bone” a lot. Maybe i damaged the nerves there or maybe it could be neurological im not sure. I will do some research and check the website out. Thanks

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

Total Posts: 198

# 3 ]

November 29, 2010, 01:41 AM

I would definitely see your doctor and get a recommendation for a neurologist or if your insurance allows go direct.  The neuro will do an EMG to test nerve signal among other tests.  He can also recommend areas that need imaging.  Good luck!

“A door within the fire creaks, suddenly flies open and a girl is standing there.  Eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints as fair, she takes her fan and throws it in the Lion’s Den.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEl8OlQlLc&featur;

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 4 ]

November 29, 2010, 04:24 PM

For years Ive had a had dull pain in my hands thought to be carpel tunnel like. I use to type and play on the computer a lot. Its usually worse during the night or when I wake up. It also gets much worse the next day after using my hands. FE. using an axe or playing basketball.

It now seems to stem from a nerve in my elbow. There is a nerve in your elbows that control the muscles in your hands. I had a compression test done and everything was normal. I’m just curious if anyone else has ever had an issue like this and what you did. Ive tried steroids for inflammation and they didn’t help. Ive tried elbow pads and wrist guards as well.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

These are the kind of things modern medicine really sucks with. I’m not saying to disregard main stream medicine but I fear pursuing the problem in that fashion will yield little benefit. I would look into the nutritional supplements. What supplements are you on? Are you on any prescription meds?

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 5 ]

December 10, 2010, 01:39 AM

TCM Acupuncture

M

IGNORE

brh

RankRank

# 6 ]

December 15, 2010, 12:14 AM

Not putting pressure on my elbows especially while asleep has helped a lot. Ive gotten off all supps as i went through a move gonna slowly add things back in the mix to see if anythings helps. Gonna start with the krill oil first.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.