WikiLeaks

Share/Bookmark

Chore Boy

RankRank

Total Posts: 39

November 29, 2010, 07:50 AM

That dude is out of control.  He thinks he’s doing us a favor, but he’s not. 

There’s a difference between being a whistle-blower, and jeapordizing the lives of those still living in the theater of war because you’re leaking classified documents.  Poor descision-making, in my opinion.

It pains my soul to know that mothers bury their sons - our heroes - unneccessarily.  As if all the red tape that keeps our boys from doing their jobs in the desert wasn’t bad enough, here he comes… 

I suppose the real question is: Where did these documents come from?  Highly unlikely some PFC has access to this kind of data.  Senior officials, maybe?

Sorry guys… I had to vent.

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

Total Posts: 198

# 1 ]

November 29, 2010, 12:08 PM

Anybody who rats on their friends or country for personal gain is a coward.  I applaud the Jester’s efforts in taking that site down.  Wikileaks needs to be destroyed if their going to needlessly jeopardize soldiers lives.  That’s beyond twisted.

“A door within the fire creaks, suddenly flies open and a girl is standing there.  Eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints as fair, she takes her fan and throws it in the Lion’s Den.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEl8OlQlLc&featur;

IGNORE

FunkyStumpfighter

RankRank

Total Posts: 64

# 2 ]

November 29, 2010, 02:09 PM

The previous batch of leaked docs, the one our government played out to be a major security threat, turned out to be mostly basic reports and correspondence. This worked out for the government, as the real damning accounts of severe human rights violations by allied soldiers (there were a few doozies) were buried in the public mass yawning the hundreds of thousands of uninteresting documents caused.

This new batch, however, has nothing to do with the military for the most part. They’re leaked diplomatic correspondence. This stuff, from what I have read of it so far, is juicy. Not “soldiers torturing civilians and fudging the paperwork to make them out to be insurgents” juicy, more along the lines of “here’s dead proof that our government is spying heavily on friendly nations actively; that the UN willingly overlooks human rights violations in friendly nations; that our diplomats in foreign countries serve a second purpose as corporate lobbyists; that substantial back room dealings are occurring outside the reach of international law” juicy. There’s substance, and plenty of it.

I’ll agree that Julian Assange is an egotistical jackoff, and that WikiLeaks itself is to information leaks what McDonalds is to fine American cuisine, but you can’t call them the monsters for exposing our government’s dirty laundry. Freedom is messy business, our soldiers see more danger from fighting dead end wars based on faulty intel than they do from being called out on their own misdeeds. The needless jeopardization of our soldiers occurred when we sent them into a region with half assed intel, pathetic equipment, and without any real plan as to what to do once the war had been won.

I guess I just have a boner for truth. If there wasn’t some really shady shit happening, or if people actually cared that there were, there would be no WikiLeaks. Maybe when the world sees the kind of shit in this latest batch of leaks and it sends us on a direct flight to WW3, the society that springs out of the ashes may come to grips with the fact that you’ll never have to worry about your shit hitting the fan as long as you keep it in a toilet.

Odds are most of this new stuff is as boring and pointless as all the other stuff they “leak”, but fuck me if I don’t have a real stiffy thinking about seeing the modern world’s dirty laundry being aired all the way out.

IGNORE

jdp710

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 168

# 3 ]

December 01, 2010, 01:16 PM

Wikileaks may be US propoganda tool. 

When China and parts of Asia are calling BS to this whole Wikileaks, there may be some truth to it. 

Our Asian intelligence sources report the following: “Wikileaks is running a disinformation campaign, crying persecution by U.S. intelligence- when it is U.S. intelligence itself

http://truthrss.com/2010/07/28/wikileaks-cointelpro/

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 4 ]

December 01, 2010, 03:29 PM

It wouldn’t surprise me JDP. There’s little left anymore that would surprise me about our government.

IGNORE

jdp710

RankRank

Editor

# 5 ]

December 01, 2010, 03:36 PM

Pretty sure WikiLeaks is US propaganda tool. 

Here is a good quote to ponder from Sec. Gates

Now, I’ve heard the impact of these releases on our foreign policy described as a meltdown, as a game-changer, and so on. I think—I think those descriptions are fairly significantly overwrought. The fact is, governments deal with the United States because it’s in their interest, not because they like us, not because they trust us, and not because they believe we can keep secrets. Many governments—some governments deal with us because they fear us, some because they respect us, most because they need us. We are still essentially, as has been said before, the indispensable nation.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 6 ]

December 01, 2010, 07:20 PM

When we’re dealing with the media/government (which in my opinion are one and the same) what’s often black is actually white and what’s often white is actually black.

As I get older I tend to care less and less but like I said in my original post…nothing would surprise me.

IGNORE

jdp710

RankRank

Editor

# 7 ]

December 02, 2010, 01:15 AM

If we take a look at the content of the cables themselves, the most remarkable thing to come out of these secret and confidential memos is what they do not contain. Granted, only 290 have actually been released so far. But it seems far from a coincidence that nearly every cable to and from Arab states released thus far has to do with villainizing Iran and mum’s the word on most major diplomatic hooplas of the past few years.
http://poorrichards-blog.blogspot.com/2010/12/wikistink.html

IGNORE

Zeke

Rank

Total Posts: 5

# 8 ]

December 04, 2010, 06:29 PM

“As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government.” - Dave Barry

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 9 ]

December 04, 2010, 06:59 PM

Well JDP we need to create the “next new enemy” (Iran) so we can scare the sh-t out of the American people who will continue to support the corporate welfare plan of spending more money on national defense than all the other nations on the face of the planet combined.

You need a constant enemy to accomplish this.

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 510

# 10 ]

December 05, 2010, 08:23 PM

Chore Boy—

Truth is treason in the empire of lies.  Think about that.

IGNORE

scottyc33

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 141

# 11 ]

December 09, 2010, 01:31 PM

Can anybody give a specific example of even JUST ONE person who’s life has been put in danger due to the cable leaks?

IGNORE

scottyc33

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 141

# 12 ]

December 09, 2010, 01:33 PM

I read an interesting article the other day where the author postulated that Wikileaks was Israeli Psyops. It made a lot of sense.

But, I think it’s waayyy too early to tell.

Let more cables come out - see what OF ANY REAL IMPORTANCE is revealed. Then take a step back and ask “Cui Bono”?

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 13 ]

December 10, 2010, 01:08 AM

I tend to agree with jdp, Zix & Nidhogge - I mean, didn’t a US Army private leak them? Scotty’s point is an interesting one.

Heres a thought, with regard to who is jeopardinzing whose lives, yes I agree with that too, but then why are we in all these other countires? That’s why I live on my island as we have not invaded anyone, ever. Result - NO TAX!

And as for being charged for sex without a condom, I mean that is some use of Interpol’s time…

M

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.