Laser P.S.U.

Share/Bookmark

thSman

Rank

Total Posts: 19

December 01, 2010, 02:50 PM

I have a 20 Amp (at 230 Volt U.K) PSU I’ve been using on my 500 diode helmet for the last year or so,with little results.
I’d like to have seen my recession halt but it aint.

Is my power supply adequate?
I thought this was the spec that OMG advised.the PSU is modded from a home PC.
Nidhogge suggested that Aixiz do a 50 Amp PSU from there online laser shop.I cant locate it and has anyone used this or have any ideas ?

Thanks

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 1 ]

December 01, 2010, 07:22 PM

Hey, thSman!  Long time no speak!

Here’s the deal… you’d know if it wasn’t adequate.  There have been a few model changes on the power supplies, and it seems that some of them could handle that more than the others.  The ones now have a tough time doing over about 425 or so, and you HEAR IT SQUEALING!  So, chances are your power supply is fine.

You may want to look into the 50 amp, though, just to try.  You probably have to call them about it, though -I think that they have those 50amps just for us, and they don’t put it online.  I’ve tried in the past to put them with 400 diode helmets, but I don’t think it’s necessary because honestly I’m not seeing much of a difference -but, of couse, I limit my helmets to 400 diodes, which is in the ok zone with the 20amps.

Hope that helps!  Hope you’re also using the polysorbate 80/ethyl alcohol mix, because that makes a huge difference in laser therapy!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

thSman

Rank

Total Posts: 19

# 2 ]

December 02, 2010, 01:07 PM

Thanks for that John I will look into the Poly80/Ethyl mix and see if it improves things.
My PSU is whisper quiet.So even with say 100 more diodes the loss to each diode should only be a 5th in required power so i should be seeing some results surely !

I now laser for longer still 3 times per week to try and compensate.

I will get intouch with Aixiz and thanks again for the reply.

Good luck with the IH Supps and cleaning stuff up a bit,It ait so tough !

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 3 ]

December 10, 2010, 01:28 AM

Also look into Scalp Skin Works to increase the effect of laser…

...and eat like you hair depends on it, as it literally does. Immortal supplements too.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.