My Topical

Share/Bookmark

Runz

RankRank

Total Posts: 23

December 07, 2010, 12:59 AM

A few months back, I started taking cocount oil for the health benefits.  After a couple of days, I noticed I was feeling excessively tired, so I did some research.  I found out about Candida and the die off that taking coconut oil causes.  So I’ve changed my diet and alternating coconut oil and grapefruit seed extract to fight this.  In treating my hairloss in the past, I’ve noticed that my best results come when I use Nizoral every day in addition to my other treatments.  So, I’m thinking that yeast/fungus is probably a big cause of my hair loss. 

When I first started lasers in April of 2009, I was on Propecia and used the Gaunitz topical of olive oil and lemon juice.  I got pretty good results with that.  I dropped Propecia and switched to the clay topical and started losing ground.  So, I changed up my diet and went back to 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1 Tbsp. Olive oil and 10-12 drops of Grapefruit Seed Extract leaving it on for 25-30 minutes.  This seems to have helped quite a bit.  I’ve been doing it for about a month and am seeing some thickening of the hairline and some vellus hairs sprouting up on my left temple.  The left side of my head has typically been my trouble area since it’s receding and thinning quicker than the right.  Also, on the nights that I laser, I rub coconut oil on my hair before I go to bed.  Helps with the dryness during the winter months and has some anti-fungal properties from my understanding.  I’ve got a ways to go to get back to where I was when I was on the Propecia, but it is encouraging. 

Anyhow, that’s my 2 cents.  Any advice or recommendations are welcome.  Thanks all.

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 510

# 1 ]

December 08, 2010, 12:27 AM

Runz—

Fantastic job following a healthy regimen, looks like it’s paying off for you brother!  It seems that what you’re doing is working great for you, so don’t change your topical regimen up.  If anything, just try to keep your diet free of unhealthy pasteurized dairy products, minimize the sweets and processed food, try to eat grass-fed meat (buy local from your farmers), and eat organic.  If you’re smart about it, you can eat healthy for cheaper than if you were to eat unhealthy; local public and farmer’s markets make this possible.

How is your internal supplemental regimen?  Have you purchased the ImmortalHair supplements?  Internally, they help to counter-act spikes in insulin from consuming “civilized” foods, provide anti-inflammatory benefits to your scalp and body, antioxidant support, omega-3s, and a bunch more.

Great work Runz!

IGNORE

scottyc33

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 141

# 2 ]

December 20, 2010, 01:15 PM

Runz - how have you changed your diet?

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 3 ]

December 23, 2010, 11:21 AM

Runz,

If you have dry scalp, well let me start by saying I am jealous, way easier to deal with than Oily. In essence your diet will be key to all your recovery ESPECIALLY if you have gut issues. WIth different sides of your head thinning differently you should see a Tradtional CHinese Medical doctor who can take your pulses - as I bet you have weaker on the left side than the right - and I expect you will get more specific information there about what is best for you specifically. Nid is right about diet, I would go further and say for you, you may need to be very careful about any kind of fats - why? Left side of your head is the gall baldder meridian - and avoid all sugar. Cutting grains may work for you but check your blood type.

Supporting your gall baldder as best you possibly can may do wonders for you.

And rotate Nizoral with some other anti fungal shampoos - like Tea Tree oil and Sea Buckthron oil based shampoos, and possibly Aloe to keep ph on track.

M

IGNORE

Runz

RankRank

Total Posts: 23

# 4 ]

December 27, 2010, 03:31 AM

Hey Scotty,

I am basically following a low Glycemic index diet.  I’ve been reading up on Immortal Hair’s page and I think I’m going to give that a try. 

IGNORE

halfempty

RankRank

Total Posts: 58

# 5 ]

December 27, 2010, 08:43 PM

Mastery, are you still on that island?

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 6 ]

December 31, 2010, 12:11 AM

Yes, I am. Been here a few months now - but not the island in my picture, that’s where I was. This one is up a mountain off the west coast of Canada. My cabin has no electricity, all solar - so no AC currents to worry about, and being solar all off at night anyway. Had a bad start, then real re-growth as it thickened up on top - then I thought I had it licked and went off the wagon twice and had chocolate for a few days and some high glycemic stuff - and whammo. Back working my way up the cliff face again. Although good work outs today. Starting to look better again.

What a pain. If you step off the diet for a second - whammo. Henec my admiration for Prague and jdp who have it licked.

Neverthless, onwards…

M

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.