POLYSORBATE 80

Share/Bookmark

calvinist

RankRank

Total Posts: 45

December 08, 2010, 03:19 PM

I wear a baseball cap almost everyday, but since I just got my helmet, hopefully that will change soon. Anyway, since I wear a cap, would it hurt to rub in Poly 80 in the morning and wash it out at night? I just didn’t know if it would be safe, although it seems to be. Thanks.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

December 08, 2010, 10:18 PM

For years I’ve been using and selling formulas that have polysorbate 80 in them and they are left on the scalp all day long. I’ve never heard of any systemic side effects from doing this. Of course being an emulsifier there is always the possibility it will pull out too much oil from the scalp and over long term use it can lead to a dry scalp. I’ve never heard of this happening from PS 80 though.

Years ago I did exactly what you are suggesting. I don’t remember having any problems from doing this however it will definitely leave you hair gunky and oily feeling.

You may want to consider something like Super Zix II. It contains a diluted and smaller amount of PS 80 and also some other things I believe help with MPB. It also won’t make you hair look like sh-t all day long either.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 2 ]

December 08, 2010, 10:19 PM

Also wearing a cap all day long is a no no in my opinion. This will accelerate MPB.

IGNORE

robadob

Rank

Total Posts: 9

# 3 ]

December 09, 2010, 07:33 PM

Are you guys buying into polysorbate 80 causing reproductive problems and other issues? I had heard this before but it’s recently been brought back up on immortal’s forum. Another guy also mentioned that after using poly 80 he had an explosion of sebum on his scalp. I’m all for anything that will improve/regrow hair but i’m also reluctant to use anything that might have a negative longterm impact on health.

IGNORE

SolitaireCloneInX

RankRank

Total Posts: 56

# 4 ]

December 09, 2010, 10:01 PM

Quick question to anyone: I intend to use a polysorbate 80/ethyl alcohol mix for my pre-shower routine, and I purchased some polysorbate, but am unsure where to purchase ethyl alcohol from. Any suggestions?

Some days you just can’t get rid of a bomb!

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 5 ]

December 10, 2010, 01:03 AM

robadob - December 09, 2010, 07:33 PM

Are you guys buying into polysorbate 80 causing reproductive problems and other issues? I had heard this before but it’s recently been brought back up on immortal’s forum. Another guy also mentioned that after using poly 80 he had an explosion of sebum on his scalp. I’m all for anything that will improve/regrow hair but i’m also reluctant to use anything that might have a negative longterm impact on health.

Everyone is different and while I would agree with Zix that it normally has no effects, some people do have reactions, and I am also aware that it can cause an increase in sebum in more sensitive individuals. In my view Polysorbate 20 would be safer for people like that (or Emu oil)

regards,
M

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 6 ]

December 10, 2010, 08:13 AM

There isn’t a treatment known to man that someone doesn’t claim there is some side effect from. If taken to the extreme there isn’t a food that someone doesn’t claim some long term down side to eating. I used this stuff extensively before during and after making my two children. Neither one of them had any “birth defects”. In my opinion if you want to prevent birth defects the best thing you can probably do is move to an area of the country where the air is not filled with automobile exhaust. Polysorbate 80 is simply made from vegetable oil.

As far as polysorbate increasing sebum….I don’t believe this either. How can something increase sebum when it actually “drinks up” sebum. How can an emulsifier that removes oils increase oils? How can a greasy frying pan, washed with dishwasher soap, be greasier than before it was washed?

Be careful of disinformation.

IGNORE

Scalp Skin Lady

RankRank

Total Posts: 63

# 7 ]

December 10, 2010, 11:00 AM

It could possibly create a paradoxical side effect.  It happens with medications all the time.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 8 ]

December 10, 2010, 03:51 PM

I must say, this stuff gets on my nerves a little bit. lol…  We shouldn’t look for reasons to talk us OUT of using the polysorbate 80 mix when so far it’s unfounded -and I’ve been using it for at least four years now.  It’s PHENOMENAL for a pre-Shower topical when you are an LLLT user, and everyone using LLLT should be using it.  There is a resounding chorus of voices that echo what I’m saying.

One 4 ounce bottle of polysorbate 80 has 2 ounces of polysorbate 80 in it.  That one bottle lasts me at least four to six months, maybe longer, when I use it three times a week.  If we did the math on how little polysorbate 80 you are getting from this, I think people would really get how much of a non issue this is -and I’m sorry, but I don’t pay much attention to what one person on one forum says about anything, so the guy that had the “explosion of sebum” isn’t even considered because that’s flat out not happening to anyone else (and I know hundreds using this).

2 ounces is 59 ml.  If we say that there are 4 weeks in a month, that’s 12 times a month.  So, 48 doses for 59 ml.

So, we are talking about 1.22 ml that sits on the scalp three days out of the week -NOT INGESTED.  Most of that small amount is washed right off of the head in a shower and never even gets into the body.  There is nothing anywhere that says that this TINY amount does any harm INGESTED.  You are talking about a miniscule amount here.

The safety concerns of polysorbate 80 is a non-issue, and any weird paradoxical effects just haven’t revealed themselves after a LARGE group of people using it!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

Total Posts: 45

# 9 ]

December 10, 2010, 04:14 PM

I’m thinking about using Poly 80 5 days a week, all day. So, 3 days get LLLT and the other 2 do it just to do it.

IGNORE

robadob

Rank

Total Posts: 9

# 10 ]

December 10, 2010, 04:24 PM

I’ve used a 50/50 mix of Poly 80 and Everclear for the past month as pre laser topical for 10-20 mins before I wash it out. I think it has definitely had a beneficial effect on the LLLT becuase I can feel more of a “pump”. I just like to do my homework.

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 11 ]

December 10, 2010, 04:51 PM

Zix - I agree with you and absolutely think the world of what you do. It’s briliant - I know because the one man wo grew all his hair back 30 years ago created a formula then that, guess what - is almost exactly yours! On Poly 80 I am likely a statistical outlier as I am highly sensitive, so I fully recognise my slight concern may be unusual. but having been chemically sensitive (and studied it) some people do have more unusual reactions and the feedback systems in the body can be counterintuitive, such as with orones decreasing DHEA & Melatonin, and maknig the whole homonal cascade less effective long term.

I also agree that Poly 8- would have no reproductive effects.

Zix - PS - I also followed your advice to live away from automobile exhausts - when are you going to visit me on my mountain. It works - last night I ate a chees sandwich, and chocolate and almost no hairs on pillow. Before I got here, that would have meant my whole head would have shedded! Still haven’t seen another person on my land for 4 months though!

OMG - I also agree with you 100% (as usual!!) to not look for reasons to talk us out of it. I just want to make sure we do everything we can to increase market share for your great invention, buddy! So if I come across a chemically sensitive person and they start using my helmet, if they flinch at Poly 80, surely its great we can say try Poly 20, or Emu, or mink oil. If they prefer that & then engage the OMG invention - I say WOOF!

BTW - My helmet has been on over 40 flights now@! WOOF!

M

Anyway sorry to all for being absent for so long, lots of meditation and regrowth….

Anyone got any views on Mink oil - I mean have you seen Mink’s fur??

IGNORE

Scalp Skin Lady

RankRank

Total Posts: 63

# 12 ]

December 10, 2010, 06:24 PM

I agree OMG.  There will always be a percentage of people that have A typical side effects.  That percentage is obviously small since we haven’t heard of anyone else on the forum who has had this experience.  We also need to take into account all the other products and devices people use at the same time.  I’m still waiting for the day someone says SCALP SYSTEMS cause some sort of problem.  Just my two cents.

IGNORE

SolitaireCloneInX

RankRank

Total Posts: 56

# 13 ]

December 11, 2010, 12:43 PM

Could anyone suggest where to purchase ethyl alcohol for the polysorbate 80/alcohol mix? I got my polysorbate in the mail the other day, and I tried using it alone, but it was a little too goopy for my taste.

Some days you just can’t get rid of a bomb!

IGNORE

ninja4hire

RankRank

Total Posts: 69

# 14 ]

December 11, 2010, 04:22 PM

You can purchase the ethyl alcohol at any drugstore (IE CVS, Walgreens). Mix it 50% with the poly.

My Regimen:
400 Diode OMG helmet 20 min x 3 per week, super zix II w caffeine and emu oil 2x day, Regenepure Dr shampoo, pre laser topical (poly 80/acv/olive oil), Scalp exfoliation w/ face scrub.
Internals: n.o. shotgun (for workouts) fish oil omega 3s, DIM

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.