Need Regimen Ideas…

Share/Bookmark

ak161803

RankRank

Total Posts: 26

December 12, 2010, 11:16 AM

Hi all,

I’m new here and have been reading around the forum a lot about what others do for their daily regimen.  I’m still a little confused as to what the consensus is for optimal results when paired with LLLT (and I’m aware that everyone obviously reacts differently).

Here is what I know so far and where I have a few questions…

1. 50/50 mix of Polysorbate 80 and Ethyl Alcohol pre-shower on LLLT days (3x week)
2. Super Zix II - it seems that some of the ingredients in this formula are also in #1 above.  Would it be wise to try one or the other or would it be beneficial to use both formulas?  Super Zix 2x daily and #1 only on LLLT days???  I"m a little confused here…
3. Some DHT inhibiting shampoo (I’ve seen Nizoral listed as a good shampoo but would really like to hear of some other opinions on a better daily shampoo for inhibiting DHT).
4. I’ve also seen Emu oil thrown out there…can anyone enlighten me on how exactly this should be used?
5. And then there is the whole oral supplement discussion…I haven’t even begun to dig into this too deep just yet.

I know some of this may seem a little vague so forgive me for being new here!

Any input would be greatly appreciated…also looking forward to starting my LLLT very soon!

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 1 ]

December 13, 2010, 09:42 PM

I don’t use zix or polysorbate 80 so I can’t answer your first two points….as for shampoo, my belief is that it plays a very minor role.  It’s just not on your head long enough to make a major difference, but nizoral is a very common choice.  Try to leave it on as long as you can before you rinse it out.  There are more expensive options out there, but personally I don’t think they’re worth the cost.  Emu oil is great for the scalp and can be used at night before you go to bed. Just rub it in. It’s greasy though so some will get on your pillow case.  As for the oral supps, check out the thread for “new supplement line.”  It’s made by some of the contributors to this site.  There are countless products out there that claim to help with hair loss, but any internal program has to be used for many months to reap the benefits and must be something that you are dedicated to, otherwise you’re just wasting your hard earned cash.

sounds like you need to some more research though…so check out the threads here and on other sites…good luck

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

kittenkat

Rank

Total Posts: 6

# 2 ]

December 16, 2010, 01:46 AM

I personally use a generic form of Nizoral shampoo (called Sebizole)- and I do think it helps- especially if you are prone to really oily hair/dandruff/seborrheic dermatitis.  The key is to leave it on for at least 5 minutes on the scalp.

My other favorite thus far is Hair Signals Solution by Skinbio.  I use it every other day at night after my shower on clean hair/scalp, and after a few weeks, I have found that I simply have not been shedding like I was before. 

http://www.skinbiology.com/hairsignals.html

IGNORE

ak161803

RankRank

# 3 ]

January 10, 2011, 09:34 PM

So as a follow-up to my original post, I’ve been on a regimen for exactly 22 days now (tracking regimen daily in a spreadsheet for my edification) and I have finally settled in on on plan and I’m wondering what everyone thinks:

-Super Zix II 2x per day (morning and night - each after a shower)
-Polysorbate 80/Ethyl Alcohol Mix (only on LLLT days - leave it on for 1-3 hours before shower)
-LLLT (3x per week, 20 mins per session)
-1% Nizoral only on LLLT Days
-Progaine as my daily regular shampoo
-Beta-Carotene (10,000 IU daily)
-Saw Palmetto (1,350 mg daily)
-B-Complex 50 (1 capsule daily)
-Super Biotin (5,000 mcg daily)
-B-6 (50 mg daily)
-Active-C (500mg with Bioflavonoids daily)
-Calcium, Magnesium, and Zinc ( 3 capsules daily, 1,500 mg, 750 mg, and 45 mg respectively)
-Flax Seed Oil (3 capsules daily, 1,000 mg eachwith Omega 3, 6 and 9)
-Taurine (500 mg daily)
-Potassium Gluconate 99 (99 mg daily)

Am I on the right track?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

# 4 ]

January 14, 2011, 09:36 PM

You have topicals, lasers, and internal supps to treat hair loss from a variety of approaches which looks good.  Of course there are other things you could add, there always are, but the real burden is finding something you can stick with….the “official regimen” will be coming out soon on this site so you might want to take in some of those ideas as well.

22 days is a start, but it’s a drop in the bucket compared to how long you need to stick with a regimen to see results..even hundreds of days may be too soon.  My advice is keep things as simple and complicated as you can handle.  The kitchen sink approach only works if you can stick with it.

I would also point out that two showers a day could dry out your scalp…I hope you’re not shampooing each time.

IGNORE

ak161803

RankRank

# 5 ]

January 14, 2011, 11:37 PM

Thanks for the advice!

I think the regimen I’ve started is definitely something is sustainable.  The internal supps are easy to take in the morning before going to work and the Zix is pretty straightforward and only takes a few minutes out of my day.  The laser helmet is starting to fit like a glove now and it is much less of a burden than it was in the beginning.

I know that 20+ days is nothing to brag about but the hardest part was definitely changing my daily routine.  Now it’s just a breeze and has become part of my everyday routine.

I’d like to get more information about your warning about how two showers per day could be an issue…

In the morning I take a shower before work like most people do and I shower using the Progaine shampoo which makes my scalp feel good.  I’ve been working out steadily for 6 days a week and definitely need to shower after each workout before I go to bed.  I have been in the habit of shampooing with the Progaine on days that I don’t LLLT and shampoo with Nizoral at night on the days that I do LLLT.  Do you think this could have long-term negative effects?  My scalp has never felt better but that just might be because I now have much better hair habits.  Would others agree that shampooing twice daily may be a bad thing???

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

# 6 ]

January 15, 2011, 09:01 AM

soap removes essentially oils from your skin and scalp….so two showers a day places a stress on your cells I would shampoo after the nightly workout and in the mornings just rinse your hair….but at the end of the day you need to do what works for you.  If you find that your routine isn’t hurting your scalp then stick with it.

IGNORE

Frizzymane

Rank

Total Posts: 12

# 7 ]

January 15, 2011, 11:30 AM

In my opinion vitamin K2 is a valuable supplement to add to any health regimen.  It serves as an “activator” along with vitamins A and D.  This means the minerals that your body needs (calcium, potassium, phosphorous) will actually be utilized effectively rather than pass through your body unused.

“It is foolish to tear one’s hair in grief, as though sorrow would be made less by baldness.”  ~Cicero

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.