High frequency machines

Share/Bookmark

J87

RankRank

Total Posts: 75

December 14, 2010, 02:50 PM

I haven’t seen this discussed before. Thoughts? They use these in salons for acne and thin hair. My sister said she used one on a co-worker who had thinning hair and she saw tons of new vellus hair sprout up after a few weeks. It’s probably good for parasites too.

Here’s a link to one, there are many others online: http://www.amazon.com/High-Frequency-Darsonval-Home-Device/dp/B001VII87W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1291853389&sr=8-2

used for:
sebum regulation
acne
blood flow
inflammation
hair loss
etc

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 1 ]

December 14, 2010, 04:59 PM

This is one of those things that I think we just honestly DON’T KNOW about!  You hear things like what you said every once and a while (“My sister said she used one on a co-worker who had thinning hair and she…”), but to my knowledge there hasn’t been a mass experiment done IN FORUMS. 

So, try it!  That’s really all I can tell you about it.  There have been (pretty expensive) high frequency devices tested before that allegedly had a lot of results, and unfortunately we had IN DEPTH information about that at the old forum we used to post in -and POOF, it’s all gone now, and I didn’t save any of the info.  Man, we lost so much good info over the past five years that it’s pretty sickening!

I’m sure if anyone else has any experiences with devices like that, but I’m not sure if many people in the world do.  I do believe that things like this could work -the rife machines allegedly do, electromanetic machines allegedly do, and I think high frequency machines allegedly do as well.  I think they COULD BE a great addition to a regimen (maybe even using them on the days that you aren’t using LLLT), but I just don’t know for sure.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

jdp710

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 168

# 2 ]

December 15, 2010, 08:45 PM

FWIW, I own a Nu-Face.  I only use LED’s though.  Should give an idea which I prefer.

IGNORE

kittenkat

Rank

Total Posts: 6

# 3 ]

December 16, 2010, 01:40 AM

FYI~ Nu-Face is not a High Frequency Machine.  LED is also completely different. 

I can tell you from personal experience that HF machines are great for maintaining the health of the scalp and skin- it’s wonderful on acne prone skin and it rocks for anyone with dandruff (and seborrheic dermatitis).  That said, I can’t say if it actually helps regrow hair- but my feeling is that ANYTHING that helps maintain/improve scalp heath is a GOOD THING in terms of maintaining the hair we have/regrowth.  Get one with the comb attachment- I do use this in the mornings on my dry head for 5-10 minutes before hitting the shower.  The best way to find one is through beauty equipment suppliers online.

That’s my personal 2 cents.

IGNORE

jdp710

RankRank

Editor

# 4 ]

December 16, 2010, 01:05 PM

kittenkat,

I think I’m confused then.  Are high frequency machines using more current than Nu face?  Or are they doing something different? If that is the case, then I’m not sure it would be a good idea as that would deplete ATP levels. 

I have no problem experimenting and buying another machine if it’s different than Nu face as I thought they were the same.

Here is an article from what I understand… LED’s also increase ATP

Microcurrent is a low level of electrical current that mirrors the body’s own natural current, sub-sensory in most cases [i.e. you would not be able to feel it, let alone see it as muscles contracting]. Its proven and accepted properties and potential range in application – from wound healing , muscle rehabilitation, and macular degeneration of the eye to lymphodema — continue to assist medical practitioners with amazing results.

Most microcurrent applications and results, whether they are medical or esthetic rely on the same mechanisms of actions.

Muscle re–education is most related to the term “facial toning”. There is 32 different muscles of the face that are manipulated during the average microcurrent treatment.

The 1982 Cheng study proves that ATP levels were increased by 500% on tissue that was treated utilizing less then 500 Ua. The study also indicated that ATP levels plummeted and depleted when treated with more than 500 Ua (visible muscle contractions.)

True microcurrent uses less that 500 microamperes(Ua) and because of its low intensity cannot cause visible muscle contractions.

Bearing this study in mind, it is understandable why individuals who use EMS-type devises, such as some hand -held devices seen on TV that use as much as 5000 Ua do receive some instant tone, however, when used cumulatively, create flaccid and lifeless muscles that are completely void of ATP.

The idea that ATP can be stockpiled or stored is the reason why microcurrent treatments results are cumulative and become better as a series of treatments progresses.

Aside from muscle re-education and massive increases in ATP levels, microcurrent has other proven benefits for esthetic applications. Emil Y Chi, PhD, director of the University Of Washington‘s department of pathology, performed clinical studies using microcurrent equipment. He notes,” The fact that technology works in harmony with the body is evident. Examination of the skin tissue treated with microcurrent showed a 45% increase in the number of elastin fibres in the dermis, and the length if the fibres on average doubled. The collagen thickness in the connective tissues increased 10%, And the numbers of blood vessels increased by 35%. The application of microcurrent to skin and tissue produced a firmer and tighter feeling on the skin surface.

Many of the studies detailing the massive increase in speed regarding wound healing refer to ATP as one of the attributing factors. The other attributing factor is an increase in blood circulation. Blood circulation has everything to do with the function, condition, color, and overall health of the skin, as underlying tissue. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29614&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start;=50

IGNORE

kittenkat

Rank

Total Posts: 6

# 5 ]

December 16, 2010, 02:11 PM

NuFace is microcurrent, High Frequency is not microcurrent.  High Frequency’s main purpose is to produce ozone- which is disinfecting and anti-inflammatory, it also increases circulation. 

The downside is that increased oxygen = increased free radicals, so be sure to take your antioxidants.

IGNORE

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 108

# 6 ]

December 17, 2010, 06:33 PM

jdp710 - December 15, 2010, 08:45 PM

FWIW, I own a Nu-Face.  I only use LED’s though.  Should give an idea which I prefer.

what results have you got from the nu face? would you say they are comparable to the pics used to advertise? have you tried it on your scalp? i came across that product quite some time ago and often meant to post about it here.

BUT now theres a user that can reply and the info wont be speculative

IGNORE

jdp710

RankRank

Editor

# 7 ]

December 19, 2010, 12:55 PM

Nu face increases ATP.  LED’s do as well.  They both work on close to the same principle.  I owned my Talika LED yellow device and have some LED bulbs before I got the Nu face.  I can say these LED bulbs work well and the Talika is nice as it’s wireless so makes it convenient to use.  Nu face on the other hand you have to put a gel on your face to use.  I’m not really one of those guys that likes to put on lotion but would put up with the hassle if it gave better results.  It doesn’t.  That’s really all I can say though.  For the money, I’d recommend the Talika or if on a budget LED bulbs off of Ebay. 

hope this helps

edit:  To answer your other question I don’t know what’s at all possible with Nu Face as I don’t believe it gives better results but can say that the pic at the bottom of this page is at the extreme end of what’s possible with LED’s.  It’s possible.  Combine cold shower with LED’s and that’s most likely possible for everyone. 

http://www.talika.com/P_591_light590.html

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 8 ]

February 19, 2011, 10:39 PM

I was interested in this as well, somebody mentioned something about High Frequency devices being good for thinning hair today.  Has anybody here tried a High Frequency device (see link above by J87) for the scalp and hair?

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 9 ]

February 20, 2011, 08:09 AM

jdp - intersting you mention old shower. I am likelyheadnig back to Canada and may start dunking myhead in the ocean there for both cold effects and the benefits of salt water (alkalizing effects), negative ions and so forth.

Any comments on *that* cold???

All the best, and thanks for all your posts on here and on Immortal’s forum - great stuff,

M

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

# 10 ]

February 20, 2011, 08:12 AM

FYI

http://www.skinforlife.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=57

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 11 ]

February 20, 2011, 02:54 PM

Mastery,

That reminds me I need to start back surfing.  I am waiting for it to warm up a little bit more.  I moved to Southern California two years ago and the ocean is pretty cold here, but nothing like Canada though I imagine.  It seemed my hair improved when I was surfing (mostly falling off the board) a lot.  I think cold salt water and the sunshine is good for the hair.

These High Frequency devices aren’t that expensive when compared to lasers.  I just want to hear from somebody who has actually tried it before buying it.  I don’t want to hurt my hair or scalp.

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

# 12 ]

February 21, 2011, 01:04 AM

Don’t think you can hurt your hair or scalp with it - just follow jdp’s suggestions and you’ll probably be fine…

M

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.