300-366-400 Diode Footprints Explained Further!

Share/Bookmark

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

December 16, 2010, 09:21 PM

Guys, this has come up recently so I thought I would go into a greater explanation of the coverage areas of the helmets. -AND WARNING: if you don’t like close ups of me with a good quality camera after I’ve been working all day, then you might want to hit the back arrow! lol…

When you see a picture of a fully wired Laser Messiah, it’s hard to judge what area the footprint of the diodes covers because of the wires on top.  Also, it’s EXTEMELY DIFFICULT to take two-dimensional pictures of this (a rotating video that gives you three dimensions would be better and that’ll be coming eventually).  So, what I did was I actually painted the coverage areas on a BARE HELMET (what I refer to as a “helmet only”), and the areas are color coded:
-300 diode helmets are the red area
-366 diode helmets are the red area AND the yellow area (for people that want more side coverage)
-400 diode helmets are the red area, the yellow area AND the blue area (everything painted).

If you’re colorblind… I’m sorry! lol…  Anyway, this should help you determine how many diodes you need for your own device.

Now, first of all, one thing that I want to cover is that a lot people don’t realize how WIDE the 300 diode footprint coverage is.  I have big hands (I’m a big guy anyway -6’4” and an embarrassing 275 pounds), but they are PROPORTIONAL HANDS…

...and you see that my hand fits pretty well in that 300 diode footprint!  Ok, no comments on how much I’ve aged this year or I’ll wrap that hand into a fist and mess upa ya face. :D

Back to it: I know this isn’t exactly scientific, but it might be a fair assessment for you to spread out your hand like that and put it on your head, and see how wide it covers.  Anyway, since I’m a big guy, if you are SMALLER (and have a smaller head), then expect that your helmet will fit an even bigger area.

Ok, I have two sets of pictures at each angle… one of the helmet on the glass head, and one on MY head.  So, hopefully those both together from these 11 different angles will help you get a great idea of what the coverage is:

Ok, I hope that clears things up.  One more thing here, though… if you have the type of crown loss that DIPS REALLY LOW IN THE BACK -you know, like you can see it in that back hole of a baseball cap- then you may want to consider adding more to the rear of the helmet.

Here is an example in which 34 diode could be added to the rear of a 300 diode helmet:

As you’ve heard me say a million times, the helmet isn’t meant to have diodes in every single hole -that’s a part of the flexible design!  But… I can (or you can) extend it down further if you HAVE TO. Just remember that after about 425 or so diodes, the power supplies can become a little “labored” and squeal on you!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 1 ]

December 16, 2010, 09:28 PM

By the way, true story… that wooden desk you see in the background of some of those pictures was actually in a public library in the 1890’s in Orangeburg, SC! lol…  Man, that’s an old desk.  If you look at the sides, you can see that it has shelves for books.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

RankRank

Total Posts: 51

# 2 ]

December 17, 2010, 01:15 AM

OMG your hair is badass BTW

IGNORE

clgrey

Rank

Total Posts: 16

# 3 ]

December 17, 2010, 04:01 AM

Cool illustrative images!

One question, why do your yellow-designated diodes dip so low down the side of the helmet? I would expect them rather to just extend the coverage of the crown - so maybe losing a row or two and then put those as a single row around the crown.

IGNORE

ninja4hire

RankRank

Total Posts: 69

# 4 ]

December 17, 2010, 06:00 AM

I agree CL, unless you want to look like elvis and have pork chop sideburns…speaking about elvis, OMG when are going to be avail to do some more helmet diode upgrades? Looks like you have waaay too much time on your hands painting helmets! LOL

My Regimen:
400 Diode OMG helmet 20 min x 3 per week, super zix II w caffeine and emu oil 2x day, Regenepure Dr shampoo, pre laser topical (poly 80/acv/olive oil), Scalp exfoliation w/ face scrub.
Internals: n.o. shotgun (for workouts) fish oil omega 3s, DIM

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 5 ]

December 17, 2010, 07:21 AM

You know, I would have thought the same as you guys, but believe it or not I get asked ALL THE TIME about side coverage -WAY MORE than extended crown coverage!  It’s actually pretty rare when people ask to have more diodes on the rear with a 300 diode helmet, or want more diodes on the rear after they’ve received it.

If you remember back, when I designed the first laser messiah (the original one I made in the instructions that is now stripped of diodes and one of my favorite desk decorations), it didn’t have near as much side coverage:

...and I thought that was fine, but I’d get emails everyday about people wanting me to extend the coverage down further.  I still get a lot of people that want it even FURTHER!  Diffuse thinners especially want me to make a headband that goes right around the ears and the lower/back of the head.

By the way… you should notice the quality difference in the new pictures with the laser babe’s new SLR camera!  It makes a world of difference having a professional camera!

Thanks for the hair remarks -I LOVE IT!  I really like my hair long (it’s greasy in the picture, but whatever… still looks cool, and I like looking like a PUNK anyway).  I’m rockin’ the Flowbee and can cut it every week or two and keep it exactly at that length.

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 6 ]

December 17, 2010, 07:29 AM

By the way, ninja4hire…

It PAINED ME to paint one of those helmets.  They take so long and are so much work, and I almost cried while I was painting, but I new it’d be an invaluable prop for Skype and on the forums so I had to do it!  The only solace I had was that I got to paint it the Star Wars Clone Wars colors for ranking stormtroopers…

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 7 ]

December 22, 2010, 11:23 AM

I put together this picture, too:

The effectiveness of a laser clinic -in your own home!  I’ll do the same thing with 366 ones and 400 ones when I make them.  I’ve changed the foam since I made my 400 one, so I don’t want it to be in the pictures.

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

Total Posts: 68

# 8 ]

December 22, 2010, 05:35 PM

But where is your cat ?????? !!!!!!

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 9 ]

December 22, 2010, 05:51 PM

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

Total Posts: 68

# 10 ]

December 25, 2010, 12:12 PM

wink

Nice cat smile
Dark hair and thick…
...Seems that your cat doesn’t have Cat Pattern Baldness Issues !!!

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.