Christmas Trees!

Share/Bookmark

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

December 18, 2010, 06:29 PM

It’s a week until Christmas!  So, who’s got some good Christmas trees goin’??

Mine has a hefty 900 (10 strands of 90) bright LED lights that do the multi-function light show.  Those lights are freaking GREAT.  They are superbright.  [Finally, a good use for LED’s! lol…]

Also, if you look under the tree… what’s that?!

Yes, it’s bad ass Star Wars Legos!  I may be poor, people may take swipes at me all the time, but by god… you’re not going to keep me from having fun at Christmas!

For those of you wondering how I made my tree graphic in the main logo, yeah… that’s my tree (and here it is if you’re reading it and I changed it already):

Honestly, I couldn’t figure out how to make a decent looking graphic of a tree with blinking lights, so I just made a “mask” and used an animated gif of mine.

By the way, with all the cats that I’ve taken in, you can imagine that I had to do a lot of “reconstructive surgery” on the tree, the lights, and the ornaments before I could take that picture! lol…  Most of the time, the bottom lights are on the floor -not on the tree.  They also have pioneered some form of bowling or lawn curling that they do with the ornaments.  From the sounds of it, it gets highly competitive.

I hope you guys are getting ready for Christmas!  It’s almost on top of us…

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 1 ]

December 18, 2010, 07:13 PM

Ok, ok, I admit it…  These legos in their current location aren’t going to be long for this world! 

Ha ha ha!  Oh you could PUKE that’s so cute!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

Total Posts: 198

# 2 ]

December 18, 2010, 07:27 PM

Star Wars is good stuff!  I still have a couple action figures stuffed away from back then.

“A door within the fire creaks, suddenly flies open and a girl is standing there.  Eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints as fair, she takes her fan and throws it in the Lion’s Den.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEl8OlQlLc&featur;

IGNORE

halfempty

RankRank

Total Posts: 58

# 3 ]

December 19, 2010, 10:25 AM

Looks amazing John, good for you. I would take a pic of my tree but all I have is the shitty camera on my blackberry.
Merry Christmas. I hope everyone gets into the spirit.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 4 ]

December 19, 2010, 04:11 PM

I actually dig my blackberry camera!  Obviously, though, you can tell that I’m using a GOOD SLR camera for those pictures.  It’s about time I got one.  This is the type of camera that needs to be used for before/after pictures, but only hair clinics use -which accounts for the discrepancies between pictures taken at home by the forum bourgeois like us and REAL pictures taken by hair transplant surgeons and hair clinic doctors/dermatologists that make six or seven figures.

But hey, speaking of LEGOS, this is bad ass and free:  LEGO Digital Designer

It’s fun to play around with, but you can actually order the bricks and generate instructions on how to build it when you are through designing it!

I’ve always like arcitecture and designing rooms, but I’m just awful at those home designing programs (I think they all pretty much suck).  So, hey, I grew up using legos, so why not use this for the general idea?!

lego1m.jpg

I was just playing around with one of those cool library den type rooms that are two floors with a balcony all around the room.  Ignore the arch on the floor. lol…  Anyway, it’s actually pretty fun and easy to do it that way, and I used to love to play with legos but I don’t have boxes and boxes of them anymore.

It’s a grown up way to play with legos I guess.

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 5 ]

December 19, 2010, 08:26 PM

OMG,

Awesome tree!  Sailor has got it made and I thought I spoiled my cats.  How do you keep him from climbing the tree?  In the past I had to use a barrier of balloons.  Once of one those babies burst from an ill-thought-out claw, then that cat won’t want anything do with that tree.

IGNORE

halfempty

RankRank

Total Posts: 58

# 6 ]

December 19, 2010, 11:12 PM

OMG you must have a better model blackberry than i do.i have the curve which has a 2 mp camera. What model do you have?

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 7 ]

December 20, 2010, 10:36 AM

I have the new Torch -the one with the touchscreen and the keypad.  It actually does take decent pictures for a camera phone, for example:

csxtrains.jpg

I took that a couple of weeks ago when I was on a cigar break, driving around Green Cove Springs, FL.

Make sure you take off the back panel and clean the camera lens part with rubbing alcohol and a cue tip every once and a while, because a little bit of dirt makes it so the pictures look cloudy and colorless!

The problem I have with my Torch is that the “proximity sensor” is messed up.  Anyone that’s called me in the past few months knows that my face starts pushing buttons accidentally while I’m talking because the touch screen isn’t recognizing that I’m on the phone and my face is pressed up against it.  This could be a software problem, so maybe I should reinstall it before I return it.  Sometimes I’m on important calls and it gets embarrassing!

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 8 ]

December 20, 2010, 10:42 AM

Lapwing…

Sailor isn’t the problem… it’s a couple of the other stray cats that we took in that all of a sudden are deciding to go through their “second kitty-hood” since they didn’t really get a chance to have one before!  I just grin and bear it, though.

That balloon thing is a good idea, though, but my fear would be that since I have so many former stray cats that I’ve taken in now, there is sort of a tribal ranking system where they each try to outdo each other.  I’d be horrified that one night, every single balloon would pop and make me have to change the sheets in my bed! lol…

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.