Zix Question: How long to allow initial accelerated hair loss?

Share/Bookmark

HairApparent

Rank

Total Posts: 8

December 19, 2010, 08:14 PM

Hi Folks,

I have been using Super Zix II for a solid month or so and now seem to be seeing accelerated hair loss. Obviously, it’s hard to prove scientifically, but my sense is that it’s from the Zix—and that’s fine. I was prepared for initial shedding, having read that some people experience it.

My question is: How long should I give this if the shedding continues?

I’d say my scalp looks at least 15% thinner than it did a month ago, which is way faster than what I’d been experiencing before.

I use no other supplements/treatments for hair loss.

I was planning to give the Zix at least six months before making an assessment. So in a hypothetical worst-case scenario—and hopefully this would not happen wink—if this accelerated loss were to persist for that full time, and I then quit Zix, am I correct in assuming that any Zix-induced shedding would not grow back?

If anyone is able to comment, I’d value input on the above.

As well, is there anything else I should be looking at here—tweaking the Zix formula a bit, adding a laser (I’d wanted to try Zix alone first), etc.?

Many thanks in advance,

James

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

December 19, 2010, 10:06 PM

Are you coming off any other treatments?

IGNORE

HairApparent

Rank

# 2 ]

December 19, 2010, 10:12 PM

Hi! Thanks for the reply (and for creating Zix, and selling the goodies to make it) smile 

No, I’m not coming off of any other treatments.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 3 ]

December 20, 2010, 07:20 AM

case scenario—and hopefully this would not happen —if this accelerated loss were to persist for that full time, and I then quit Zix, am I correct in assuming that any Zix-induced shedding would not grow back?

Assuming your presumption that zix is causing an accelerated loss then yes all the hair would grow back because there is nothing in zix that would accelerate MPB.

As well, is there anything else I should be looking at here—tweaking the Zix formula a bit, adding a laser (I’d wanted to try Zix alone first), etc.?

How does your scalp feel. Does it feel good? Do you have any allergies?

Also be careful you are not causing S.A.A.B. (Stress Accelerated Androgenic Balding). In other words we all tend to seek treatment at that critical time when we are stressed about our hair loss. Often we blame the treatment for the loss when in reality it’s the S.A.A.B. causing the problem.

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 4 ]

December 23, 2010, 11:26 AM

You may want to take up a meditational discipline at this time, to help you. Tai Cho or Qi Gong or meditation or Yoga. They definitely work and can do nothing but help every part of you. They will also counter SAAB.

If you have any medical history of sensitivity, you could also try lowering the dose and building up gently.

Other than that when you meditate tune into your scalp and ask it how it feels, you’d be surprised how accurate the answers can be…

M

IGNORE

HairApparent

Rank

# 5 ]

December 23, 2010, 05:18 PM

Thanks, guys. Maybe I have a sensitivity to an ingredient. Though I’d like to stop hair loss, obviously, I wouldn’t say I’m mega-worried about it—my wife noticed the accelerated loss before I did—but I’ll be sure to stay as mellow as possible.

Thanks again, and Merry Christmas!

IGNORE

HairApparent

Rank

# 6 ]

December 31, 2010, 12:36 AM

Guys (and Zix Creator),

I did some more searching and the below gets to what I’m asking about. This guy modified his Zix to reduce the zinc and alcohol. I don’t know how he fared ultimately, but he seemed to like it initially.

I have continued the Zix as-is, b/c I intend to give it a proper chance, but I can’t help but notice serious increased shedding, which is obviously not the goal here wink

My scalp seems OK—not itchy or red—but I’m wondering if reducing the zinc and alcohol will help.

Has anyone tried modified Zix for an extended period?

James

————————12/2010 below

The Zix Creator

Assuming your presumption that zix is causing an accelerated loss then yes all the hair would grow back because there is nothing in zix that would accelerate MPB.”

————————12/2007 below

http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-topic/18220/page1

“Zix creator
Regrowth.com Member

It’s very possible balance [poster] may be going through a synchronized shed. Very common when something is working.”

————————

Another post:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/FORUMS/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=61787

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 7 ]

January 03, 2011, 07:32 AM

Here’s what I would do if I were you.

1. Stop Super Zix II for 2-3 weeks. See if your shedding continues or abates. If it continues you know it isn’t the treatment causing the shed. If you stop shedding go to step 2.

2. Make zix classic (zinc, b-6, distilled water). Apply this twice per day for 2-3 weeks. If no problems email me and we’ll work out the steps to gradually reintroduce the ingredients back into the formula.

There is a slight possibility that you may be having an allergic response to something. This way we can gradually figure out what it is that is causing the problem. It’s probably one ingredient and we need to figure out what ingredient it is so we can tailor a formula for you personally.

Email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). This is the email address I check the most often and will get you the fastest response.

IGNORE

HairApparent

Rank

# 8 ]

January 03, 2011, 12:32 PM

You rock, Zix creator—thanks so much. I will do that and get back to you.

James

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 9 ]

January 04, 2011, 10:17 AM

No problem! Keep in touch. We’ll figure it out.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.