Poly80/Vodka 50%/50% like glue !!!!

Share/Bookmark

pierre

RankRank

Total Posts: 68

December 26, 2010, 12:56 PM

Hi guys,

Just before my lasering session,
I just tried Poly80/Vodka mixed in 50%/50% proportions, it’s very bizarre, it seems like sticked like glue on my scalp, very far sensation unlike using poly80/medical alcohol like I did before.

Is this due to sugar in vodka ?
What is your opinion on this ?
Is this good a good or bad sign ?

regards.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 1 ]

December 26, 2010, 02:45 PM

Hey, pierre!

I don’t think it’s the sugar, I think it’s the WATER.  If you mix polysorbate 80 with water, you’ll get the same thing.  I’ve mixed it with water and gotten the exact same results.  I actually had to throw away the glass bottle I used to hold it because I just couldn’t wash the stuff out.

Maybe your vodka was weaker than the one I used because I didn’t get that exact reaction -although I still didn’t like it.  I think that it’s safe to say that you need to use that medical alcohol, because it seems that other things don’t thin it out… they just make the formula useless!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

# 2 ]

December 26, 2010, 02:48 PM

You mean that vodka/Poly80 should be mixed with some water ?
You think I should use medical alcohol instead of vodka ?

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 3 ]

December 26, 2010, 02:51 PM

No, the exact opposite -there should NOT be any water added to it.  Yes, you should use the medical alcohol and drink the vodka!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

# 4 ]

December 26, 2010, 02:56 PM

The thing is that medicinal alcohol is mixed with camphor and according to Zix creator that is not a good thing to do smile

Maybe I could provide me some pure ethyl alcohol (90%) not mixed with anything else in my drug store, I’ve to see it, it will be the perfect solution smile

IGNORE

buddyebsen

Rank

Total Posts: 4

# 5 ]

December 30, 2010, 01:03 PM

I used to use Poly 80 years ago and have been now using it regularly for the last 3 years.  I do thin it with only water.  It will become basically a solid for a while but if you just let it sit for a day or two, maybe even longer, it will turn back into a pourable liquid.  I then thin it a bit more to make it less viscous.  Just water works fine and I think is easier on the scalp.  I am a believer in this stuff; my scalp has never been cleaner and I feel it really does reduce daily hairloss.  Also, I bought in bulk - one gallon ($35) should last me a decade.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.