Newbie Shed Question

Share/Bookmark

ak161803

RankRank

Total Posts: 26

December 28, 2010, 02:17 AM

I know there is always a lot of talk on this forum about initial shed and that the topic has been covered in great detail; however, I could not find anything specifically addressing this question so please bare with me for a minute here…

I just started my new hair regimen last week and just began using my LLLT helmet last night (thanks again OMG).  I am new to topicals so I’m still just getting the hang of applying them to my scalp.  Here is my regimen thus far:

*Nizoral approximately 3 times/week
*Progaine as my regular shampoo daily
*Super Zix II 2x daily
*Polysorbate 80/Ethyl Alcohol (on LLLT days)
*LLLT helmet 3x/wk - 20min/session

I was reading that when you apply the topicals that you should spend time rubbing them in for a good 10-20 seconds to massage it into the scalp.  My problem is that when I look at my hand in the place that I am rubbing I am seeing a number of hairs that stick to my hand which obviously looks alarming.  Now I knew that I should expect shedding, but this is obviously something that can freak a person out. 

My question is two-fold:

1. Is this just a normal and everyone experiences the same thing in the beginning - or…
2. Could I possibly be doing something wrong such as rubbing my head to hard or should I not be rubbing at all?

It might help for a little context…

I would classify my hair loss as “thinning” since there are no sprawling patches that have absolutely little to no hair on them.  Obviously if I had that, at the very least the topicals would be easy to apply.  There is a lot of hair that seems to get in the way when I am trying to apply directly to the scalp which makes me worry that I am harming the hair that is already in place!

I’m sure this is just an overreaction but I wanted to at least put it out there in case someone with a little more experience can direct me as to what I am potentially doing wrong.

One more question while I’m writing this essay…I know the Polysorbate 80/Ethyl Alcohol is a good “pre-treatment” for before showers on LLLT days, but is this something that is beneficial to use more often if the time allows?  It’s obviously something you can’t wear out because of the oiliness but is if time permits at home, would it be good on a daily or semi-daily basis in tandem with the Super Zix II?

Thanks in advance for listening to my rambling…

IGNORE

Peachfuzz

RankRank

Total Posts: 46

# 1 ]

December 28, 2010, 10:12 AM

Hair shed is normal. Check some responses in the thread below.

http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/forums/viewthread/454/

IGNORE

BaldbeGone

RankRank

Total Posts: 81

# 2 ]

December 28, 2010, 03:34 PM

Im going to reply in my personal experience ESPECIALLY with polysorbate 80….THIS STUFF is like velcro for my hair. At time when I applied this stuff I thought there was no way it was good for my hair cause so much goddamn hair was coming off and sticking to my hands/fingers.

But polysorbate 80 is actually a hair growth stimulant so it actually induces shedding as well. Kinda sucks that all this stuff thats good for your hair makes you lose it lol.

My advice, IN addition to hair growth stimulants and things that make your hair healthier I would advise a DHT inhibitor to stop hair loss, so while you’re shedding hair that NEEDS TO BE SHED (however that much may be, you’ll soon find out—and yes it might be alarming) you’re not shedding any additional hair that doesn’t need to be shed. But it looks like you’re doing that with ZIX. I need to get on that. Should I just message the Zix guy or is there a better way?

Sure, shit happens...but so does good shit!

IGNORE

ak161803

RankRank

Total Posts: 26

# 3 ]

December 28, 2010, 03:45 PM

Thanks for the replies! 

For the Zix question - I just went to the website listed off the main page of this forum and you’ll find the founder’s write-ups and a detailed description of how to mix the formula.  You will need to order the supplies directly from him…it was a safe, secure, and quick process (all online) and I think it’s about $60 w/shipping.  My package arrived in about 4-5 days and it was easy to mix up.

http://www.qdbd.com/hair_loss_treatment_1.htm

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.