So I have tweaked my clay recipe and included some more ingredients:

Bentonite Clay
AC Vinegar
Distilled water
Bromelain Powder
Neem Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Jojoba Oil

I just started on it today, so lets see what the results are.  I have been looking for a way to get the bromelain powder into my scalp, because it just clumped up with the alcohol.  I also put it on my face. I think the bromelain and bentonite combo will be a great exfoliator.  I still use the poly 80 topical every other day though.  I think it has its own benefits of sebum reduction and clearing oil plugs from the scalp.  I dont know what I have been doing right, but my four month treatment has had awesome results so far, so I’m just gonna keep doing it.  Thanks everybody for all the support and advice on here.  I know personality goes a long way, but it sure helps to have hair too…

BTW you can buy all of these ingredients at the Vitamin Shoppe or similar health food stores.  People sell the clay itself for a lot of $$$ but it only costs 7 bucks a pound.

My Regimen:
400 Diode OMG helmet 20 min x 3 per week, super zix II w caffeine and emu oil 2x day, Regenepure Dr shampoo, pre laser topical (poly 80/acv/olive oil), Scalp exfoliation w/ face scrub.
Internals: n.o. shotgun (for workouts) fish oil omega 3s, DIM

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 1 ]

December 31, 2010, 12:15 AM

Great job Ninja.

What source of Bromelain Powder and Bentonite clay do you use?

To get better penetration of Bromelain add a penetrant like EMU Oil or Polysorbate 20 (or 60 or 80 if you prefer that)

Personally though, given the great results you were getting, don’t mess with it!

M

IGNORE

ninja4hire

RankRank

Total Posts: 69

# 2 ]

January 02, 2011, 07:40 AM

Vitamin Shoppe brand bromelain powder
Aztec Secret Bentonite Clay
Both from Vitamin Shoppe

My Regimen:
400 Diode OMG helmet 20 min x 3 per week, super zix II w caffeine and emu oil 2x day, Regenepure Dr shampoo, pre laser topical (poly 80/acv/olive oil), Scalp exfoliation w/ face scrub.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 3 ]

January 03, 2011, 10:57 AM

Have you tried putting the Bromelain right into the polysorbate 80 mix yet?  I haven’t tried that, but I might.  The key, I think, would be to mix it first in the alcohol and then add the polysorbate 80 so it’s a more even mixture through-and-through.  Maybe even use a blender or something to make sure that it’s thoroughly mixed.

I hate having to use a bunch of different topicals -I just never end up using them.  I don’t know if the polysorbate 80 will just “gobble up” the bromelain or what (or somehow render it ineffective) but it’d be pretty handy for me to combine the two.

...and I know you’re concerned that I’m a fatass so you’ll be happy to know that I’ve lost about 13 pounds so far since Mid-November! lol…  Only about 40 more!  I might actually keep going past that 225 goal -I’m doing Nutrisystem (which is badass, honestly) so it’s just a matter of time.  I’ve figured out EXACTLY why I’d gained so much weight over the past two years, and it’s not what anyone thinks but I won’t turn this into a discussion about the glycemic index, etc.

-O.M.G.

UPDATE:  Yeah, I tried the Polysorbate 80 / Bromelain concoction!  Read more for details:

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

ninja4hire

RankRank

Total Posts: 69

# 4 ]

January 06, 2011, 06:49 AM

Hey Bro….(lol you started it)

I’m going to try the PolyBro mix tomorrow.  Sounds promising.

And big congrats on the weight loss and diet! Its not easy.  I hope you keep up the diet, add some exercise, and make it a lifestyle change, not just a temporary thing. You know we need you to stick around and help us with this hair loss war…And you are right about the glycemic index stuff and sugar etc.  Cutting that crap our has had a big impact on my health and fitness.

My Regimen:

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.