Boar Bristle Brush use in between scalp peels.

Share/Bookmark

Peachfuzz

RankRank

Total Posts: 46

December 30, 2010, 12:44 AM

Anyone have an opinion on the use of a boar bristle brush for the time in between scalp peels?  My thinking is that it will stimulate the scalp, keep the sebum flowing and keep the gunk on my scalp from sticking too much.

The article on the site about it just says “filler” all over the place so didn’t get much out of it.

IGNORE

Scalp Skin Lady

RankRank

Total Posts: 63

# 1 ]

January 07, 2011, 07:32 AM

I don’t see why you couldn’t use the boar bristle.  Way back in Cosmetology school, students were required to do Scientific Brushing, which is basically, fully brushing the scalp in all four sections before washing.  It not only feels good, but helps to remove hair spray, gel and skin cell buildup on the scalp.

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 2 ]

January 07, 2011, 02:58 PM

Scalp Skin Lady - January 07, 2011, 07:32 AM

I don’t see why you couldn’t use the boar bristle.  Way back in Cosmetology school, students were required to do Scientific Brushing, which is basically, fully brushing the scalp in all four sections before washing.  It not only feels good, but helps to remove hair spray, gel and skin cell buildup on the scalp.

Interesting.  I learned what I believe you’re referring to as the ‘Scientific Brushing’ technique years ago when I was going to the Thomas Scalp Clinic.  I’ve been using it for many years with a Mason Pearson natural boar bristle brush, and I believe that it has been an integral part of my success in slowing the progress of MPB.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.