Diet

Share/Bookmark

Anders

RankRank

Total Posts: 31

December 31, 2010, 05:47 AM

Can anyone recommend a decent diet to follow.  In terms of supplements, I am taking the top six, half a pill of propecia and saw palmetto.  Need advice on diet to follow in terms of foods.  I also use a laser helmet smile

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 1 ]

December 31, 2010, 01:28 PM

How strict do you want to go?  There are people on this site and others that have taken dieting to the extreme and claim it helped their hair loss…although personally I can’t put hair loss above all pleasures in life.  The best advice I’ve heard on diet is to use common sense….focus on putting more organic fruits and vegetables in your diet, stick to healthy portions of meat (cold cuts are not healthy), eliminate as much sugar as possible,  and cut down on your simple carb intake…the main focus is to reduce inflammation in the body and rev up your energy levels.  If you’re like most people you’ll never be able to stick to an extreme diet, so just focus on sticking to something that’s doable, making small changes rather than everything at once…at least that’s my opinion.

what you should add are some high power foods like these:

organic veggies and fruits (especially thin skinned foods like grapes, strawberries and tomatoes)
grass fed beef and organic free-range chicken (if you can afford it)
organic eggs
nuts
avocados
kiwi
beans
fish
broccoli, cauliflower
spinach
swiss chard
sweet potatoes
coconut oil for cooking meat
fresh homemade salsa
100% wheat or live grain bread if you can find it
greek yogurt
real butter

what you should cut back on but not necessarily eliminate:
dairy (for some people, but my body seems fine with it) pasta, cold cut meats, white breads, soda, and any food that comes packaged (most cereals, chips, dinners)... even if it sounds healthy it probably isn’t

again, you want to lower your inflammation levels which is caused more by carbohydrates than fats and you want to find something that you can actually stick to…eliminating foods that you love obviously isn’t going to work…I still eat pizza and fast food burgers every now and then but about 90-95% of the time I eat right, probably one meal a week I don’t.

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

Anders

RankRank

# 2 ]

January 02, 2011, 05:16 AM

Amazing post.  Thanks for the info :D

IGNORE

Anders

RankRank

# 3 ]

January 09, 2011, 02:38 AM

Are scotch eggs acceptable?

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

# 4 ]

January 15, 2011, 08:07 AM

scotch eggs are great bar food!  Love em.  But if that’s your idea of healthy eating you may need to rethink your menu a bit!  It’s pretty high in sodium and bad fat, unless you do a homemade version with coconut or avocado oil and low fat ground pork meat.  For those who don’t know, a scotch egg is a hard boiled egg encased in sausage meat and deep fried….they taste great, especially if you’re hung over.

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

# 5 ]

January 15, 2011, 08:18 AM

btw, avocado oil is great for cooking chicken in a pan…adds a nice flavor, one of my favorites.  But some research has shown that using coconut oil helps to lower body fat, which gives it a bit of an edge in my kitchen.  for those interested….

http://www.squidoo.com/coconutoilmetabolism
http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/article10065.htm

the info on coconut oil and fat loss is about half way down the article

IGNORE

Anders

RankRank

# 6 ]

January 15, 2011, 08:21 AM

Iam indeed a novice, iv been doing well with my fruits for past 4 months, but i fear stuff like bananas, kiwi fruits and raisins are high in sugar content, which is what we are trying to avoid right?

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

# 7 ]

January 15, 2011, 08:28 AM

you want to avoid processed sugar…natural sugar does not cause inflammation. 

Kiwi is one of the greatest foods on the planet, and the potassium in bananas and kiwi can actually lower the amount of sodium in your body and lower your blood pressure.  Just be aware of their calories.  Each kiwi is around 25 calories where as each banana is around 200 calories, more than most people think

as for the raisins, I’ve heard good and bad…but a handful here and there is probably fine.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.