Boar Bristle Brush Effects

Share/Bookmark

SolitaireCloneInX

RankRank

Total Posts: 56

January 03, 2011, 10:55 PM

So I’ve been hearing for several months that the use of a Boar Bristle Brush is better for your hair and scalp than a standard steel or plastic comb, and so I recently purchased one. After a couple days of using it, it seems like it’s pulling out more hair that my other comb. Honestly, I’ve recently gone into a shedding cycle (I’m in month 6 of Laser Therapy), and I’m not sure if it just SEEMS like the Boar Bristle Brush is pulling out more hair due to my hair shedding, or if the brush is actually pulling out more hair.

Could someone who has had some experience with the Boar Bristle Brush give me a little advice on the subject please? Thanks, in advance!

Some days you just can’t get rid of a bomb!

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 510

# 1 ]

January 05, 2011, 05:19 PM

Hey Solitaire—

Yes, it is pulling out more hair, but it’s simply the hairs that are on their way out already (in the telogen phase).  Been using a boar bristle brush religiously for some time now, and can vouch for its effectiveness in maintaining a healthy scalp.  However, I would advise against using it on a damp scalp as this can cause damage to the hair.  No worries though.

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 2 ]

January 05, 2011, 05:32 PM

FWIW - I would not pull on the weaker hairs, but do handstands and the like + masage to strengthen them. Just MHO… IME sometimes what appears Telogen is an environmental reaction to toxin exposure that the body can not chelate any other way.

M

IGNORE

SolitaireCloneInX

RankRank

Total Posts: 56

# 3 ]

January 05, 2011, 09:53 PM

@Nid, that’s kind of what I thought. It didn’t feel like it was pulling out healthy hair. Also, I make sure I only use it when my hair is dry. It does seem to stimulate the scalp quite a bit when I use it. I also noticed that using the boar bristle brush helps with the appearance of the hair as well.

@Mastery, you always have some excellent and unique advice. Though it’s a little off-subject, I’ve been looking to getting back into meditation and relaxation, as I am well aware of the power of the mind over the body. Are there any specific meditation techniques or similar practices along these lines that you would suggest?

Some days you just can’t get rid of a bomb!

IGNORE

CromeDome

RankRank

Total Posts: 24

# 4 ]

February 26, 2012, 02:47 PM

Does the coarseness of the brush matter ie, a hard or soft boar bristle brush. Is one more effective than the other? I was thinking about getting a boar bristle brush but not to sure which is most effective, or is it just a matter of preference.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.