Weight training and scalp itch

Share/Bookmark

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

January 04, 2011, 12:52 AM

Hi all - this one may be just abot of fun, but it worked for me!...

Last week or so I have had te itch back, which I thought I had beaten completely. Likely my fault for some serious sugar actions in December. You know how it goes, you think you have hair loss licked then you come off the diet wagon and whoops. Itch, itch and more itch.

Anyway, none of the topicals were easily working - Nizoral, Poly 80, LLLT, SBT, Aloe, TEa Tree shampoo etc. etc. - and then I had smoe good news about my bsuiness today and that gave me a real boost, but still itch. So I used teh extra boost juice (emotionally speaking) to do an extra hard work out - 26 sets, and toughest of all lots of leg workouts with free weights, mainy lunges, with progressively heavies dumbells in each hand. As many of you will know lunges are the real deal, kicking growth hormone into gear better than likely any other exercise, save perhaps squats - but they are less functional.

The result - itch completely and immediately gone. Here’s my take - when you feel good for whatever reason use it drive your immune ssytem up a notch, take that fel good boost and use it to do a long deep free weight large body part workout - and the effect will be amazing. It was not just the itch, I felt fantastic and still do. Like a natural high. IME/ IMO to be able to work out that hard you have to be feeling good as its not something you can do every day or perhaps not even something you should do every day.

Anyway - thought I would share what worked for me today so incredibly well when I was beginning to get down again… YMMV, but IME free weights done well, when bracketed with decent protein takes your whole system up another level.

M

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

January 04, 2011, 09:59 AM

Hi Mastery. I think you’re running into the same thing that I’ve run into. If you absolutely bust your ass while exercising you will feel much better. However I’ve found that the feeling doesn’t last more than 2-3 days before you must do it again to feel good It’s very hard to get yourself up to the task as often as you need to do it. It takes tremendous dicipline. Sometimes I have it, sometimes I don’t. Which leads me to another finding.

The key to health and happiness lies in consistently doing a whole bunch of things you don’t feel like doing! Or in order to be happy you have to consistently make yourself miserable! LOL!

That sucks!

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 2 ]

January 04, 2011, 10:04 AM

Hey Mastery. What’s the weather like up there this time of year?

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

# 3 ]

January 04, 2011, 08:29 PM

You made me laugh - I knacered today and fell asleep - but stll no itch, and I slept this aftrenoon nd will hit the gym tonight again for a medium workout - say 12 - 16 sets (not lunger though!)

As for weather….it’s freezing. Just bought snow chains for my drive home up the mountain. No boucing on the trampoline today.

Well, it seems we have the cure for baldness not too far away - check out my new topic in a second…

M

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

# 4 ]

January 05, 2011, 01:06 AM

Just finished the second harder workout and showered, almost no hairs. Squats and over head upside downs (se my post about that on re; BBC b/s solution). Maybe 16 - 18 sets in all. Feels great, but had to take a nap this afternoon in between working my proverbial behind off.

M

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.