Joe Fox of igrowhair.com (telomerase / yogurt guy -and popular source of hair loss forum ridicule) ARRESTED for “Organized Scheme to Defraud”!

Share/Bookmark

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

January 10, 2011, 09:33 AM

This Joe Fox idiot threatened to sue me once, so I had his name blocked on this site -but I temporarily lifted it to announce the wonderful news that he has been arrested:

FLORIDA — AGAIN: Man Arrested Amid Allegations He Swindled Investors In ‘Yogurt-Based Product To Re-Grow Hair’; Joseph P. Fox Of Telogenesis Inc. Was Recidivist Offender, State Says

By PatrickPretty.com 11:32 am Jan 3, 2011

Joe Fox, President of igrowhair.com, soon-to-be hair loss industry convicted felon

A Florida man who served jail time in an earlier scheme in California has been arrested by the Miami Beach Police Department and agents from the Florida Office of Financial Regulation (OFR), amid allegations he swindled investors in a “yogurt-based product to re-grow hair,” OFR said.

Joseph P. Fox, president of Telogenesis Inc. of Miami Beach, was charged with Grand Theft and Organized Scheme to Defraud in his sale of Telogenesis stock.

Beginning in 2007, Fox sold Telogenesis stock for $1,000 a share to at least 59 investors. All in all, he gathered $380,000 in the scheme and used most of the money to support his lifestyle, OFR said.

In 2002, OFR said, Fox was charged with grand theft in California and served 270 days in jail.

The Telogenesis scheme was similar to the California scheme, OFR said.

Fox made “false representations” about the financial soundness of Telogenesis and its development of the yogurt-based hair product, positioning it as “a breakthrough in the cosmetic industry,” OFR said.

A website from which a Telogenesis product was pitched as being available “very soon” for $1,999 included links to medical journals that appeared to have no tie to the product — and also to Oprah Winfrey’s website.

Winfrey’s site also appeared to have no tie to the Telogenesis product, which was advertised on IGrowHair.com

It is not uncommon for hucksters to try to create the appearance that prominent medical organizations, celebrities and the government endorse products when they do not.

Gee.  Who would have guessed that?!  Hmmm… someone that threatens to SUE ME because I was questioning their product is actually involved in criminal activity?!  Nah….  I don’t believe it.

Next thing you tell me is that people that are assholes to me about laser helmets have financial motives.  No way!  ...Or that forum owners that want me off their site don’t want someone potentially taking away their profits.  Never happened, huh!  ..Or that people that go out of their way to trash me in general don’t have deep-seated issues.  Ha!

Well, this puts the final nail in the coffin for Joe Fox.  It was a great ride, though!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 1 ]

January 10, 2011, 11:12 AM

By the way, I expect him to get even “sue-ier” after this, so I will in the near future block his name, his website, and his company’s name again soon!

Also, I’ve attached the before/after pictures featured on his site.  I MIGHT make pdf copies of all the pages so we’ll have them -I don’t expect the page to stay up too much longer.  It’s nice to have these things for personal reference.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… NEVER throw away a single email, and ALWAYS make pdf copies of forum posts/threads that you find interesting, support whatever point you’re making, or trash you.  Because I do this, I’m able to prove my case with anything anyone throws at me.  Oh, unlike some in the forum world, it helps being 100% honest, too!  I am, so being able to use other people’s words against them coupled with the fact that I’m always consistent in saying what I feel to be the truth makes it hard to successfully slander me.

-O.M.G.

Image Attachments  igrowhair before-after.jpg

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

Chore Boy

RankRank

Total Posts: 39

# 2 ]

January 10, 2011, 11:50 AM

http://egvsys.metro-dade.com:1608/wwwserv/crts/IPSAWNSX.DIA?PROCESS=D&L_NAME=FOX            &F_NAME=JOSEPH     &M_NAME=PATRICK   &INITIME;=&NAME=FOX, JOSEPH PATRICK           &IMTLOC=MWDC   &ALPHA=10258517&GAMMA=16Δ=

IGNORE

Chore Boy

RankRank

Total Posts: 39

# 3 ]

January 10, 2011, 11:52 AM

0030320597F.JPG

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

Total Posts: 198

# 4 ]

January 10, 2011, 12:34 PM

Seems like a genuinely nice guy just out to take advantage of unsuspecting hairloss sufferers.  I can’t beleive these guys are still out there.  It never ends I guess.

“A door within the fire creaks, suddenly flies open and a girl is standing there.  Eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints as fair, she takes her fan and throws it in the Lion’s Den.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEl8OlQlLc&featur;

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 5 ]

January 10, 2011, 02:53 PM

I wonder if he just sprung bail… that link you posted isn’t working anymore, Chore Boy.  ZOMG, he might be coming to get us!!!  Ahhhhhh!

IGNORE

hairgirl

Rank

Total Posts: 8

# 6 ]

January 10, 2011, 08:24 PM

After reading this and seeing the name “Joe Fox” all I could think of was “You’ve got Bail” - I mean ‘Mail’. That was Tom Hank’s character’s name wasn’t it - Joe Fox? 

I don’t know a lot about the yogurt guy but I can certainly testify to spending tons of money on my hair. I spent a small fortune this year on two, custom (supposedly) hair pieces that I have not worn once. I did do my laser homework and I am very happy I bought an OMG helmet instead of falling for the spa treatment ploy.

The hair loss community can be a lucrative market and I have had it with the crooks out there and the prices we are charged. I do appreciate this board and hope it remains so straight forward.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 7 ]

January 10, 2011, 09:17 PM

Yea John. You called that one from the start. How do we prevent stuff like this from happening in the future? Perhaps we need to pull this thread up and show people when the “next great thing” comes along to remind people that these type people are out there.

IGNORE

Corvus

Rank

Total Posts: 2

# 8 ]

January 12, 2011, 10:33 AM

Try this, OMG…

http://tinyurl.com/4n9zmvl

IGNORE

lmao

RankRank

Total Posts: 57

# 9 ]

January 16, 2011, 08:21 PM

typical, a guy with nothing more than a mature hairline, thinking he can solve this problem.  And by the way fuking around with telemorase, and other dna altering enzymes, is not a good idea, unless u want damage to ur aging process.  These enzymes are best left to ur body to manipulate.

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 510

# 10 ]

January 25, 2011, 03:12 AM

Hahaha, this is great news.  Really disliked this guy after threatening both OMG and ImmortalHair on their respective forums with lawsuits.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.