5 months LLLT and still shedding…

Share/Bookmark

pierre

RankRank

Total Posts: 68

January 15, 2011, 05:45 PM

Hi guys,

I think all is in the title,

I’m using it right I think, 3x a week, 20 mins each session.

5 month under LLLT treatment since with OMG 300’s diodes helmet but I’m still shedding !!!

August 2010 : Starting the treatment

mid-October : Added polysorbate80/alcohol as a pre session before taking my shampoo and finally lasering.

End-December : Added super zix 2 formula to the regimen

———

The thing is that I’m shedding on the scalp altougth I can see peach/fuzz going down the temples in the same time.

My theory is that I have long hair, could my long hairs block the laser light going down the scalp ?

I don’t know what I have to think.

IGNORE

Calbruin

RankRank

Total Posts: 49

# 1 ]

January 18, 2011, 03:21 AM

Hi Pierre,
My best advice is to try and take it one month at a time and not worry so much about the shedding on a day to day basis because it will stop. I know for a fact I was still shedding at the 5 month mark and all those vellous hairs started to come in after 6 months. To be honest, I don’t even think I saw substantial results until I hit the 1 year mark. It was at that point I was like, ” wow my hair is going to be Ok!”. So buddy, don’t worry, it will get better. Cheers!

Calbruin

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

# 2 ]

January 18, 2011, 10:42 AM

Ok so let’s see, I’m not desperated as I have good results, I just looked in a mirror there is absolutely vellous hair everywhere I could have expected for.
I think that the hair that stills fall is just on telogen phasis just pushed by new thick hair.
So I think that I’m on a good way and has you told me, we should allow time to time according to more experienced users.

IGNORE

YoungBalder

RankRank

Total Posts: 31

# 3 ]

January 18, 2011, 02:06 PM

Calbruin- If you dont mind me asking what is your regimen? Its great to see people seeing results and posting them! It gives me hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 510

# 4 ]

January 19, 2011, 02:50 AM

New hairs?  That’s great man!  5 months is way too early…hair cycles anywhere from 6 to 18 months.  Those hairs falling out were on their way out, already IN telogen phase.  Lasers can’t stop a hair that’s already on its way to falling out from falling out—but it can encourage healthier hairs to grow in its place.  And, no worries on long hair—lasers penetrate that with no problem at all.  Be consistent with your regimen, and try to eat healthy by removing processed foods gradually from your diet (this includes dairy, and meat that isn’t grass-fed).

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

# 5 ]

January 19, 2011, 05:49 AM

Yeah I have vellous hair covering all my hair zone when I was young.
I ve seen many threads dealing with vellous hair.
It s seems that is a good sign the hair is turning back.
As I could read on boards :

The first state is vellous hair
then shed
the afterall transforming from vellous to terminals hairs.

Some people advance thesis that all vellous hair would become terminal hair.
Some people think it is impossible.

Hope some experienced users in LLLT will reply to this thread and give some us light like jambap did here smile
http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/forums/viewthread/414/

IGNORE

Calbruin

RankRank

Total Posts: 49

# 6 ]

January 20, 2011, 02:06 AM

Hey YoungBalder,
Nothing crazy about my regime: Minox once a day, fin and 20x3 LLLT a week. I also use clay from time to time (hard to stay on top of that) as well as 100% natural shampoos. Thats it. Probably the best thing I ever did was to accept that I might not get all my hair back. Oddly enough, once I accepted this I started to get a ton of new hairs. Just being able to keep my hair has been a godsend. Goodluck.

Calbruin

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.