Supplement Updates!

Share/Bookmark

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

January 16, 2011, 04:58 PM

Hello Everyone,

With the new year I’m trying to implement my regimen and stick with it for at least 6-12 months.  I have to admit that since receiving my 400 diode helmet I havent been consistent at all.  I wanted some feedback from everyone in regards to the current supplement line. What supplements are the most important to have success?  Also, has anyone been experiencing negative reactions from R-Lipoic Acid?  Ive read some internet horror stories about hair greying/fallout.  It seems like it is associated with people that do not supplement with biotin. Can everyone list the supplements they are using in order of importance?

Thank you.

IGNORE

YoungBalder

RankRank

Total Posts: 32

# 1 ]

January 16, 2011, 10:12 PM

neutron- Im taking antioxidant boost, Ecklonia Cava and krill oil with other supps(probiotic, ashwagandha, d3,vit k,toco8). I also have a OMG laser helmet(500 diodes). Im at the 2 1/2 month mark with supps and laser helmet. Things i have i noticed decreased inflammation, libido definitely higher and more energy. I have been shedding a lot lately but im hoping its a good shed. Ecklonia cava i added only a week ago and i definitely can say that it helps with inflammation on my scalp as far as i can see. One thing i want to mention about the Lipoic acid, i had to drop because i was having a bad reaction towards it. It actually caused my hair to be itchy but i think im a special case because the same thing happens to me when ive added Acetyl Carnitine and NAC. They all give me an itch(inflammation) dont why maybe has something to do with the mercury fillings i previously had in my mouth.(Off topic lol) Im hoping by the six month mark i see some progress with my hair. Fingers Crossed!

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 2 ]

January 16, 2011, 10:50 PM

Sounds good.  I had OMG’s helmet for a while but started with 200 diodes.  At around the 2 month mark I felt like my shedding went down to almost zero for about two weeks.  I never remember feeling so confident as that time.  I seemed to shed after that and only stayed with it for about 5 months.  The problem was that Im a diffuse thinner with complete thinning all over the scalp.  Hence, the typical 200 diode placement was only treating a small portion of my problem.  In the summer I had OMG add 200 more diodes giving me 400.  Definately more coverage, although i have not yet been consistent.  I want to start using it regularly and see what happens by summer.  Im already thinking of adding another 100 diodes to hit the lower sides and back of the scalp. 

In terms of supplements, I use fish oil, although Im out right now.  Also, I bought lipoic acid and the antioxident boost.  I only used R-lipoic acid for a few days as I started reading the horror stories. Im taking a hair vitamin that includes 2,000 mcg of biotin.  Im considering Ecklonia Cava, although it appears to be the most expensive of the supplements.

IGNORE

YoungBalder

RankRank

# 3 ]

January 17, 2011, 10:44 AM

neutron- Sounds good man! Its hard for me to say which supplements are my top supplements but if i had to give you two ,  i would say antioxidant boost and Eckolonia cava.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 4 ]

January 17, 2011, 05:49 PM

Youngbalder…I really like the antioxidant boost.  I read alot about resveratrol and it seems like a very good supplement.  What exactly is the benefit of Ecklonia Cava?  I notice it is expensive but maybe it is worth the high price.

IGNORE

YoungBalder

RankRank

# 5 ]

January 17, 2011, 11:31 PM

Neutron- I took this from ImmortalHair.org here is a explanation and some benefits. Hope this helps!

The value of Ecklonia Cava (Seanol).

The most powerful inhibitor of Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) is a brown algae-based polyphenol, called Ecklonia Cava.  It is a brown algae which grows at a depth of about 100 feet.  Seanol is effectively extracted from Ecklonia Cava and has an interconnected phenolic ring structure capable of trapping ten to 100 times the free radicals of either Green tea and Resveratrol extracts.

Life Sci. 2006 Sep 5;79(15):1436-43.

Ecklonia Cava is also known as a phlorotannin and is 40% fat soluble, this means it acts as both a water and fat soluble anti-oxidant.  Ecklonia cava is by far the most versatile supplement I’ve ever discovered to treat hair loss.  Besides it potent inhibition of MMP-9, it effects a whole array of systems.
The polyphenols of Ecklonia cava can last up to 12 hours in human metabolism, while compared to most plant-based tannins have a half-life of just 30 minutes.  Ecklonia cava’s oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC) value, the score for anti-oxidation potential is 8,300, is much higher than most land-based polyphenols.

Ecklonia Cava is one of the most powerful and versatile plant tannins in existence.  It’s been found to regulate cortisol, lower blood pressure, increase growth hormone levels, lower triglycerides, provides anti-inflammatory effects by a variety of mechanisms, such as inhibition of the NF-kB inflammatory pathway which also serves to normalize blood glucose levels.

The benefits do not end there, besides its ability to penetrate the blood-brain-barrier, offering protection against oxidative stress, it also offers a significant increase in trans-cranial blood flow giving powerful release in alpha brain waves and parasympathetic nerve response.  This creates a heightened sense of relaxation and mental alertness.  Animal research shows positive increases in gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), noripenepherine and serotonin levels.  A large number of human users report improved sleep.  Personally, I find the beneficial effects to my hair to be the most rewarding.

You might think the benefits end there, not so fast.  In addition, this phlorotannin posesses a potent anti-plasmin inhibition activity, which results in thinner blood viscosity.  Generally, the thinner our blood, the longer we live.  Ecklonia cava helps maintain normal blood pressure and has been comparable to the ACE inhibitor drug, enalapril.

Recently, it was found that high blood pressure is strongly associated with androgenetic hair loss.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 6 ]

January 18, 2011, 04:54 PM

Hello,

Can someone leave me the link for the supplement line.  I seem to have lost it.

Thanks.

IGNORE

YoungBalder

RankRank

# 7 ]

January 19, 2011, 01:11 AM

Neutron-Here you go!

http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t4310-immortal-hair-supplement-line-now-available-pricing-information

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 510

# 8 ]

January 19, 2011, 02:57 AM

Neutron—

We’re releasing “Decalcify” tomorrow along with a completely organic hair loss supplement locally custom-formulated for us as well, and a couple sales/specials.  If you want detailed write-ups on the ingredients of any of the supplements, feel free to drop me a line at:  nidhogge( at )worldhairloss( dot )org

I’m editing them and then forwarding to OMG—he’s going to set up the site store once he has all of the content.  It’s a LOT of content…kudos to ImmortalHair for the hard work and research.

As for Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid…personally, been using it for years myself, and it’s a pretty good seller but every now and then someone gets a reaction.  In cases like that, maybe use alpha lipoic acid.  It helps to regulate insulin levels, as wacky insulin levels may be attributed to MPB, and also acts as a constant detox for your liver amongst other benefits.  As for fish oil—it’s usually rancid by the time it gets to your mouth, which is one of the reasons that we opted to carry Krill (astaxanthin, the potent antioxidant that accompanies Krill, is also a fantastic natural preservative that keeps the Krill fresh).  Sorry about the price on the Ecklonia Cava—it’s expensive per kilo to purchase. :/

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 9 ]

January 22, 2011, 08:26 PM

Hello Nidhogge….I just took a look at the supplements available. Im interested in the Decalcify supplement and it seems relatively inexpensive.  Also, im giving serious consideration to Ecklonia Cava.  Did the price of that go down?  I thought it was priced at 38 dollars before and now it is 28? In terms of fish oil, im actually taking a pharmaceutical grade fish oil called Res Q.  My dad has been taking it for years due to his bad blood pressure/ heart condition.  He tells me it is very clean and free of toxins.  Hopefully he is right in that respect. It does seem like a quality product and i havent had any problems.  PLus I get discounts because he is in their preferred customer club. Here is the list of what im considering;

- Antioxidant boost (2 Mos in so far)
-fish oil (inconsistently for several years)
-b complex vitamin (GNC, swapping this for their hair supplement that isnt very potent and over priced)
-Ecklonia Cava
-Decalcify
- 1/4 proscar
-laser 400 diodes

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

# 10 ]

January 24, 2011, 05:19 PM

neutron—

Nope, always been $28.49, or $28 with the purchase of 3. smile  I made sure that it was priced under everything available in the market, such as FibroBoost (even though FibroBoost is only a 13% extract).

How long have you been using your 300 diode helmet so far? 

I would also recommend Brewer’s Yeast isntead of a B-vitamin.  It’s a natural source for B-vitamins and, when possible, I think it’s better go to natural with vitamins.  For example, the Vitamin K2 (MK-7) in our Delcify product is derived from fermented soy natto.

With the fish oil, perhaps get your triglycerides tested and see if you’re getting a good benefit from it.  I’d encourage you to gradually phase out the proscar for the sake of your endocrine system, but understand that you wouldn’t want to jump off it immediately.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 11 ]

January 26, 2011, 09:11 PM

Hi Nidhogge…

I have a very big question….Not to doubt the authenticity of you or anyone on this site.  But Im very interested in using these supplements.  Id like to know more about the company that is producing the product.  Obviously you and immortal are involved.  If you dont mind, can you explain your involvement and can i do some reseearch on this company.  Again, I dont doubt you but obviously this is a big price committment and id like to do my research.

thanks man.

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

# 12 ]

January 26, 2011, 10:23 PM

Hey neutron—

No problemo.  It’s TJ Clark & Company.  Here is the web address:

Private message me if you would like the direct e-mail of the manager of the plant that manufactures the product.  She’s real cool, and would be more than happy to provide you with information:

http://www.tjclark.com/

This is a joint venture between our investor (who prefers anonymity, but is a long-time ImmortalHair forum member), ImmortalHair, and myself.  Immortal does the majority of the research and provides recommendations based on that research as to what forms of minerals, vitamins, and herbs we ought to use, I fact-check and then do the sourcing for these ingredients watching first for quality and then next pricing.  I order up what we need, and send to TJ Clark.  We provide the labels and vegetable capsules, and TJ Clark encapsules the actives in their capsule machine, places the label and caps on the bottles, and the plastic seal.  Then, shipped to me for shipment to customers.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 13 ]

January 27, 2011, 07:24 PM

Nidhogge.

Thank you for providing these details.  Again, I’m very impressed with the amount of research that seems to have gone into some of these supplements.  I just have one more question.  Are you actually obtaining the active ingredients and then sending them to TJ Clark for preperation? Also, what has your personal experience been with these supplements? And finally, how many supplements are you actually using?  sorry as this is more than 1 question.

Thank you very much.

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

# 14 ]

January 27, 2011, 07:33 PM

Neutron,

Thanks for the kind words.  However, I’ll have you know that I only allow one question on the house, but the rest of the questions will cost you $5 per answer.  The bill is in the mail. wink

To answer your questions—

1)  Yes; I’m very picky about where I get my actives.  For example, I only trust one Ecklonia Cava source because their extraction method is FULL spectrum, and concentrated to just the right amount.  We provide everything.

2)  Personal experience—better blood flow, no scalp inflammation, more libido, more energy.  That’s all that I know for certain, without getting tested.

3)  Since ImmortalHair and myself designed the line with what we personally wanted inside our bodies, pretty much only take our supplement line.  I also was taking an MSM/Glucosamine supplement for my joints, and some bodybuilding-related stuff (creatine, protein).  There is a workout supplement from another company that would be very synergistic I believe with our stuff if you’re interested in boosting test levels naturally; I just ordered two bottles, and will be testing this over an 8-week period. 

Aside from this, I make my own Kefir for probiotic value, and Kombucha Tea for natural B vitamins and enzymes amongst other nutrients.  I also recently began taking Madre Labs’ Midori Greens and their natural Vitamin C powder.  FANTASTIC products and that company in general gets two-thumbs way up from me.

Hope that helps!

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 15 ]

January 27, 2011, 11:04 PM

Itz interesting you bring up workout supplements.  Im trying to get more consistent with my workouts. Do you feel that weight training aggrevates hairloss?  I personally havent noticed much of difference whether I workout or not. However many people seem to think that it does have a negative effect. Do you find your supplements have slowed down the progression of hairloss?

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 16 ]

February 05, 2011, 02:00 PM

Does anyone else here weight train and feel it makes a difference with hairloss?

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 17 ]

February 06, 2011, 06:56 PM

I currently weight train and I don’t feel it contributes to hairloss by itself.  However, when I use to combine weight training with creatine, 6 meals a day and insulin spiking I noticed my hair was thinning rapidly.  Now I eat and supplement for hair and not as body builder, and my hair is doing great. 

My lifts are doing really well all natural and with normal eating habits and no post workout spiking.  I am stronger than I have been in 5 years and my hair is better than it was 4 years ago.  Quality effort in the gym and then rest are the most important, all the rest is bullshit.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 18 ]

February 06, 2011, 10:49 PM

Lapwing.  Thanks for the comments. I actually first noticed hairloss right after starting creatine at around 19-20.  I remember the fear of hairloss started a few years before that, however I saw noticable shedding right after starting creatine.  I quickly stopped using creatine and that seems to be the beginning of my hairloss. I really cant say ive noticed huge changes when I workout as opposed doing nothing.  However, I feel much better when I workout and my confidence is also much better.

How many meals are you currently eating now?  Ive always heard that insulin spikes were great for lifting, however terrible for hair.  I can confirm that everyone in my family with hairloss seems to also have diabetes/ heart issues. I dont think that is by chance.  I want to maximize my physique and success in the gym, however I dont want to use any weight lifting supplements.  I wish to be completely natural.  Since you seem to be having success with both hair and strength training, what is working for you.  I believe there is a healthy balance but im just trying to find it.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 19 ]

February 07, 2011, 03:31 AM

I tried to stick to 3 regular meals plus some snacks.  I totally eat to maximize my health and help my hair.  So no sugar or crap carbs.  So no energy drinks, pizza, beer, white bread, ketchup, donuts, etc.  I put out my supplement routine and total hair routine in some prior posts.  Check my old posts here if you are interested.  I am vegetarian, mostly vegan.  And yes you can make that work as weight lifter.  Instead of insulin spiking I will eat oatmeal after a workout.  Insulin spiking is just bad for your health period.  Yes it works for weightlifting, but it costs you healthwise.  It is just a shortcut, without it you still make gains just not quite as fast.  No one is paying me to lift.  Plus I really did not improve that much when I did it.  Hard consistent work, works better imo.

My workout routine is based on the three main power lifts: squats, bench, and deadlift.  I lift for strength first, size second.  My goal is to be stronger every year for the next two more years.  I am 10+% stronger than last year and plan to be 10% stronger next year.  How many people you see who lift year end and year out and still lift about same amount weight?  I was one of those guys.  If you lift for a year and you don’t get stronger, something is wrong.  Seriously wrong!

For me it was a too ambitious routine.  I could not stick too it.  So I simplified my routine and based it around the the three big lifts.  I just do two full body workouts per week.  I can do that consistently and make gains.  Every workout I try to lift either more reps or more weight.  You have to progress.  To get stronger you have to get stronger, one my favorite quotes.  Duh, but it is so true.  My other favorite quote is, “everybody wants to get stronger but nobody wants to lift heavy-ass weights.  One of the problems of getting stronger is your workouts get harder.  So you have to get mentally tougher as you get stronger, because you have to keep putting out more and more energy.  No away around it.  One day I do bench and squats and the other workout day I do bench and deadlifts.  I do a lot of assist lifts to workout the other muscles to get a complete workout, but I focus primarily on the big three.  For cardio i play hoops and skate about three to four times a week.

So eat and supplement for your hair and health and train like a beast twice a week, that is the healthy balance at least for me.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 20 ]

February 07, 2011, 08:20 PM

Lapwing…

I like your approach alot.  If you dont mind me asking, roughly how many calories are you consuming.  Also, how much protein do you eat per day?  I do train 4 days per week to hit the complete body.  I train each muscle group once per week. Maybe I’m going into too much detail (ambition) as you said it.  However, i really like this split alot.  Id say the only difference between you and me is I’m shooting more for the build.  I care about strength, but im really looking for the physique more than anything.  I’m not trying to get huge or anything.  I just want to maximize myself naturally at a healthy weight.  I dont wish to be a size that makes me have to eat 10 times per day to maintain.  Im looking for a solid build but probably about 4 meals per da

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 21 ]

February 08, 2011, 03:40 AM

Neuton,

I eat about 2800 to 3200 calories a day.  Protein, I aim for about 150 grams a day.  I think 0.7 to 0.8 grams per pound of body weight is about right for active people who work out.  I like a 4 day split myself, but I can’t commit to it since work and my other activities cut into it.  I know how much I have to lift to have the body I want.  So i want good physique as well.  I don’t want to get too huge either.

IGNORE

scottyc33

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 141

# 22 ]

February 08, 2011, 11:10 AM

neutron - February 05, 2011, 02:00 PM

Does anyone else here weight train and feel it makes a difference with hairloss?

I lift 3x a week and do cardio 2-3x a week.

It’s hard to day if it has a direct impact with hairloss, but I think it indirectly helps by improving insulin resistance and helping me to de-stress. Also, when you are in good shape, you feel good about yourself and the hair becomes less of an issue.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 23 ]

February 08, 2011, 10:16 PM

Scotty…I couldnt agree with you more.

Lapwing…

What supplements are you currently using to fight hairloss?  Also, what do you think are musts?

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 24 ]

February 09, 2011, 03:07 AM

Neutron,

All are must haves.  Unfortunately I think you need the whole kitchen sink.  MPB never sleeps.  Here is the bulk of my regimen from earlier post:

My regimen:

Topicals-
Non-sls organic shampoos
Caffeine added to shampoo 2-5 times a week
Coconut/Tea Tree/Almond Oil twice a week
Clay +scalp peel once every 4 weeks

Lasers-
360 Laser Messiah 2 times a week for 25 minutes each session

Internals-
Resveratrol, Curcumin, B-complex, Grapeseed, Nettle root, RlA, Biotin, MSM, MACA, toco-8, Fibroboost, Vit C, D3, ALC, NAC, Omega 3 dha vegan, Black Currant Oil, Gluacosamine HCL, Biosil, Hyaluronic Acid, Coq10, 7Hmr lignans, Green Tea, B-12, Broccomax, Ginkgo Biloba, Bilberry, lycopene.  At bedtime: Magnesium, Taurine, Zinc, b6, L-Arginine.

Diet-
I cut out junk carbs, almost all sugar.  No beer and no pizza except on rare occasion.  Red wine is my main drink now and I don’t drink that often.  I eat mostly organic and vegan.  I thrive on this diet, some people may not.  I eat good fats in moderation such as almond butter, olive oil with balsamic vinegar, rice bran oil, avocados on occasion.  I think the main key in diet is cutting out junk carbs, sugar (hidden sugars as well), and bad fats.  I eat lot of non-gmo soy foods in part to get the benefits of equol.

Exercise-
I get plenty cardio playing hoops etc and I lift weights.

Stress:
Try to manage it and get good sleep.  Oh yeah and an once to once an half of 80+% or dark chocolate a day.  Dark chocolate and an apple after you come from work is much better for you than say a beer or two for de-stressing.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 25 ]

February 12, 2011, 12:07 PM

Does anyone know what the optimal zinc dosage is per day?  I take a GNC hair vitamin, which has 15 MG.  However, I just ordered the decalcify supplement which contains 20 mg for a total of 35 mg per day. I thought the dosage not to exceed waa 50 MG.  Is this correct?

Thanks.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 26 ]

February 16, 2011, 08:17 PM

Hello Everyone…

I just received my supplements and realized that hte Decalcify supplement contains 20 mg of per serving and it suggests 3 per day.  Isnt this too much zinc than is normally recommended?  Is everyone actually taking three of these pills daily?

Thanks.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 27 ]

February 24, 2011, 10:40 PM

Anyone???

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 28 ]

February 24, 2011, 10:52 PM

Neuton,

I would not take more than say 30mg of zinc on a regular basis.  You might be able to get by with 40mg if you are 200+ pounds.

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

# 29 ]

March 01, 2011, 03:52 PM

Lapwing—

I just pointed this out in the other thread, but the Decalcify supplement has 9 mg of elemental zinc, which is 6 mg under what is recommended for your average joe.  If you’re really into athletics, up to 300 mg is recommended (however, that’s assuming standard zinc supplementation, and NOT orotate).  If you look on the Decalcify label, in parantheses undreneath where it says the amount of Zinc Orotate, it specifies the elemental zinc amount.

On another note, Orotic acid is apparently good for healthy testosterone levels as well from what I understand.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 30 ]

March 01, 2011, 07:36 PM

Nidhogge,

Do you mean up to 30 mg for standard zinc supplementation instead of 300 mg?

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

# 31 ]

March 01, 2011, 07:39 PM

Lapwing,

Nope—300, at least.  Your body RAPIDLY depletes Zinc stores when you work out.  Thing is though, that’s with conventional Zinc supplementation and not Orotate.  Orotate is really a class of its own, works on a totally different mechanism.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 32 ]

March 02, 2011, 02:28 AM

Nidhogge,

Do you have any studies that back up that claim?  That goes against everything I have heard about zinc supplementation.  Plus I think I should be dead by now if that was true.

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

# 33 ]

March 02, 2011, 03:44 AM

Lapwing,

Off the top of my head, I don’t.  It’s been about 16 months or so since I’ve looked into it, but it was based on a high-profile personal trainer that took blood tests of his athlete clients (we’re talking professional players) and found that they were SEVERELY deficient in zinc.  He found that supplementing them on I believe it was 400 mg of Zinc a day did the trick, and marked improvements in performance were noted.  It’d be a heluva time digging that information up again, but I can try for you this week.

IGNORE

NDFAN

RankRank

Total Posts: 28

# 34 ]

March 08, 2011, 06:23 PM

Hello Everyone,
Ive read so many conflicting stories regarding creatine and hairloss. Its confusing and Im looking for any feedback regarding it. Im thinking about using the this product. What do you guys think?

http://www.nutrabio.com/Products/akg_stack.htm

Thanks

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 35 ]

March 08, 2011, 10:28 PM

NDFAN….

Nice picture.  Anyway, I used creatine for about two weeks when I was 19.  It does work, however that is exactly when I started noticing hairloss.  It seemed to coincide with a pretty big shed.  I did not stay on creatine for very long and I cannot say if this was the cause of the shed.  It was not the cause of my hairloss as I think it was just in my genes.  However, I do not seem to shed at a higher rate when working out.  Id be careful with the creatine.  Although it works, I do not feel you need it.  Remember, if you do start to see a shed you can always drop the creatine.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 36 ]

March 08, 2011, 11:30 PM

If your hair is your no. 1 priority, then don’t use creatine.  There is a study that shows creatine increases dht.  Personal experience, creatine accelerated my hair loss.  There is no conflicting info, only conflicting interests that makes it very hard for some to accept the truth.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 37 ]

March 10, 2011, 08:04 PM

Lapwing,

Forgive me if we discussed this before, but do you still workout?  Are you lifting weights and if so have you found your weightlifting to effect the hairloss in anyway?

Thanks.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 38 ]

March 10, 2011, 09:54 PM

Yes I am currently weightlifting centered around the bench, squats and deadlift.  Weightlifting by itself does not seem to effect my hair in any way.  Insulin spiking and creatine did effect my hair by accelerating my hair loss.  It should be noted that I do lot of cardio type exercise as well during the week. 

I think it safe for your hair to weight lift heavy and hard as long you don’t do body building shortcuts such as freakish eating habits, insulin spiking, weird supplements, steroids, and creatine.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 39 ]

March 12, 2011, 04:36 PM

Lapwing…

Im having some trouble filling in certain areas of my diet.  For example, I often take turkey lunch meat on wheat bread for my lunches at work.  I ll cut up some cucumbers and tomato and usually have some type of Kaashi bar.  However, I read that wheat and certain carbs are bad.  Also, with dinner I like to cook brown rice as my carb source.  I was wondering which carbs would be best in terms of giving me what i need for weightlifting but also not doing damage. I know certain carbs turn directly to sugar.  Do you have any recomendations as to what carbs I should incorporate and which to leave behind. 

Thanks.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 40 ]

March 12, 2011, 05:09 PM

I think whole wheat bread in moderation is ok like a serving or two a day.  Same with brown rice.  I eat whole spelt tortillas a lot.  Oatmeal is great.  Leave behind white bread, most pastas, anything over-processed.  Carbs have been over-demonized in my book.  Whole grains, oats, brown rice, beans, are, imo, good and necessary.

Oats with cinnamon is an awesome combination.  Whole spelt tortillas (from whole foods) with no sugar added almond butter is great too.  Brown rice and beans is another.  Sweet potatoes with almond butter rocks.

IGNORE

scottyc33

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 141

# 41 ]

March 16, 2011, 08:43 PM

Lapwing - March 10, 2011, 09:54 PM

Yes I am currently weightlifting centered around the bench, squats and deadlift.  Weightlifting by itself does not seem to effect my hair in any way.  Insulin spiking and creatine did effect my hair by accelerating my hair loss.  It should be noted that I do lot of cardio type exercise as well during the week. 

I think it safe for your hair to weight lift heavy and hard as long you don’t do body building shortcuts such as freakish eating habits, insulin spiking, weird supplements, steroids, and creatine.

Why do you think creatine is bad for hair?

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 42 ]

March 16, 2011, 10:48 PM

best healthy bread I’ve ever had….ezekial 4:9 from food for life…delicious live grain bread…seriously good stuff

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.