Relationships and Baldness

Share/Bookmark

Calbruin

RankRank

Total Posts: 49

January 27, 2011, 11:40 PM

Interesting article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/23/fashion/weddings/23FIELD.html

Any thoughts gentlemen? I certainly can say that in my early 20’s I stayed with my ex girlfriend specifically because I feared that I could not do better; I had started to lose my hair when I was with her.

IGNORE

halfempty

RankRank

Total Posts: 58

# 1 ]

January 28, 2011, 01:25 AM

The media catastrophizes hair loss into this thing that it does not have to be. We all do this and frankly it is bullshit. Having hair does not mean you will be happy. You know what is cool? Letting yourself go bald, accepting it and being confident in yourself as a human being instead of some neurotic creature consumed by vanity. I just think we have the choice to either be obsessed we are hair or move the fuck on and progress past it. This post is not meant to be condescending to anyone, I myself still fight hair loss but to a much lessen extent than I once did. I am just kind of blabbling.

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 2 ]

January 28, 2011, 01:58 AM

Great post - half empty. Good for you for moving on, in a sense…

It’s a tough one in that one might say one should hopefully not feel that terrible down feeling because of something so, in a sense, unimportant. But is it unimportant? For in another light i see it as a measuring stick of my internal health. That may not be a view shared by all, and it is therefore one that can be cruel upon me - but so far in slowing (or stopping (and sometimes regrowing!)) my hair/loss I have lost enough fat in the last 4 montsh to be somewhat ripped in my abs, I’ve gained nearly 20lbs in muscle and can do handstand press ups, as well as stand upside down on one arm and as opposed to leg lunges hurting I can do them almost every day now with up to 40lb dumbbells in each arm. My point is not to brag, my point is simply this: look at the changes in my body as positives, all because of the pain of the threat of further hair loss or lack of regrowth.

Arguably more importantly I have discovered my gall bladder and spleen are weak and my liver is stagnated.

So in that sense I very much share jdp’s and Immortals view that the hair loss is, or can be, a teacher to be grateful for. I just wish I learned all this in school so i could live to 150 with a full head of hair and enjoy being a gloriously, vain bastard for ever nailing beauties on the beach…  Ha! Enjoy….

M

IGNORE

lp69

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

# 3 ]

January 28, 2011, 06:41 PM

It depends who you are. For Prince William or Prince Albert of Monaco it’s totally irrelevant.
Prince Albert is bald and waited until he’s 50 to marry a 30 year-old beautiful swimmer, Charlene Wittstock.
And believe me he had plenty of other charming candidates.

Prince-Albert-of-Monaco-and-Charlene-Wittstock.jpg

IGNORE

scottyc33

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 141

# 4 ]

January 29, 2011, 02:10 AM

lp69 - January 28, 2011, 06:41 PM

It depends who you are. For Prince William or Prince Albert of Monaco it’s totally irrelevant.
Prince Albert is bald and waited until he’s 50 to marry a 30 year-old beautiful swimmer, Charlene Wittstock.
And believe me he had plenty of other charming candidates.

Prince-Albert-of-Monaco-and-Charlene-Wittstock.jpg

Come on, that guy’s a Prince for crying out loud! Show me a used car salesman that looks like that and pulls a 30 yr old model and I will salute that man indeed!

IGNORE

lp69

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

# 5 ]

January 29, 2011, 05:45 AM

scottyc33 - January 29, 2011, 02:10 AM

Come on, that guy’s a Prince for crying out loud! Show me a used car salesman that looks like that and pulls a 30 yr old model and I will salute that man indeed!

Have you read the article ? It was indeed about a Prince, and whether he should worry about his baldness to find a wife.

IGNORE

scottyc33

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 141

# 6 ]

January 29, 2011, 11:47 PM

lp69 - January 29, 2011, 05:45 AM

scottyc33 - January 29, 2011, 02:10 AM

Have you read the article ? It was indeed about a Prince, and whether he should worry about his baldness to find a wife.

OK - my bad, I see now (I hadn’t read the article).

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.