Scalp roller and zix

Share/Bookmark

Marty_mcfly

Rank

Total Posts: 10

February 04, 2011, 06:54 PM

Hi

I just bought a nanogen scalproller as I was quite intrigued by the idea- it seems to be making my scalp feel better after a few weeks of use. It claims to help topicals absorb better so Im using it in conjunction with zix- has anyone else got any experience of this? The theory of wounding the scalp by the needles to encourage scalp healing seems to make sense but I don’t know if it will grow any hair or not!
Would love to hear any other users experience.
cheers
Phil

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

February 10, 2011, 12:16 PM

I personally don’t believe in the wounding theory. If I understand the theory correctly there are supposedly two reason why it would be helpful. The first is that a topical will be better absorbed. The second is that new follicles will be generated.

Why do we always assume the problem with a topical is it’s absorption anyway? What is so difficult about getting something to be absorbed in human skin? Parents have been rubbing their babies asses for decades with topical zinc preparations. If it didn’t penetrate the skin it wouldn’t work well to prevent diaper rash. In short, I don’t believe absorption is the problem in the first place.

Then there’s the theory wounding can generate new follicles. Let’s assume this is true and you generate new follicles. So what. You’ve generated tiny new follicles like we all had when we were a fetus. Do they grow terminal hairs? No…they need to mature first. The problem is these new follicles would carry the same genetic predisposition to being destroyed by the ravages of DHT. But these new follicles will never get a chance to grow up because of the ravages of DHT both systemically and in the follicle itself.

Then of course there’s the inflammation problem. Chronically injuring your skin by gentle wounding could in my opinion accelerate fibrosis. That’s what human tissue does when it’s chronically inflamed….it changes to fibrotic tissue.

Keep in mind there are people who will disagree with me on this topic…so I could be wrong. Also gentle wounding has been around for quite a few years and if it worked as well as it should we would have heard more success stories from it.

Just my humble opinion for what it’s worth.

IGNORE

Marty_mcfly

Rank

Total Posts: 10

# 2 ]

February 10, 2011, 06:51 PM

I thought that the scalproller was supposed to break up fibrosis? And surely if it is encouraging stimulation of folicles then combined with a DHT blocker it might be more effective?  I’l readily admit that I don’t know what Im taking about though so il see if it gives any results!

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 3 ]

February 10, 2011, 07:15 PM

I don’t know either. I’m just explaining the problems I have with the theory and the reasons why, to me, it doesn’t make sense.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.