Hair shampooing tip from hairstylist

Share/Bookmark

Peachfuzz

RankRank

Total Posts: 46

February 06, 2011, 09:12 PM

So, went to the hair salon this past weekend and got assigned a new person.  I had to go through my normal.. hey my hair is thinning and I need something to work with that condition.

Before she started shampooing my hair she discussed how important it is to remove sebum.  Then she said that I should put the shampoo on my scalp when it’s dry so that it can get rid of the sebum better.  Once the scalp is cleaned then add water for the rest of the hair.  I thought that was an interesting tip.

This visit was encouraging.  She said that my scalp did look good. (Yay scalp peels) and could see regrowth.  When I mentioned I was doing LLLT she started raving about it.  She told me a story about a woman with severe hair loss.. so much that there wasn’t much she could do since there was severe hair loss on top and only hair around the back.  After the woman went through a year of LLLT she was able to give the woman a nice ‘funky’ hair style.  I am encouraged because she mentioned it was a year for the results so I just have to stick with it.

She also said that stress has a direct link to the condition of someone’s hair.  Sound familiar? 

Anyhow.. going to a hair stylist who I’ve never met before telling me she could see regrowth made me a happy camper.

~Peach

IGNORE

hairgirl

Rank

Total Posts: 8

# 1 ]

February 12, 2011, 10:40 PM

Hi Peach,

I enjoyed your post and am glad to hear you are seeing results. It’s so nice to work with a compassionate hairstylist. Thanks for that shampooing tip.  smile

Re: The stress point - so true. I’ve noticed that my emotional and physical health make a huge difference on my hair (not to mention skin, aches & pains, etc). So when I read the posts here about supplements, diet, and stress reduction and hair health, I nod in agreement. I’m going on 6 months of laser treatment at home (comb 4 months, upgrade to OMG helmet for almost months 2 now) and I’ve seen a big improvement. But, I must add, when I’m stressed out, sleep deprived, and not in good health, it shows in my hair. Likewise, when I’m calm, rested, eating right…. it’s looking good. 

Wishing you continued success,
HG

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 2 ]

February 13, 2011, 01:09 PM

Good post!  Agree with your stylist.  That’s why I always apply PS80 to my scalp and let it sit for ten to thirty minutes before rinsing it out and using my shampoo.  Been doing that for almost forty years, and I believe that it has served me well.

IGNORE

hairgirl

Rank

Total Posts: 8

# 3 ]

March 20, 2011, 09:15 PM

Saw my hairdresser yesterday and she taught me something new, too. I am, naturally, a medium brown, but being 55, I’ve got gray coming in. I’ve spent a lot of time researching how to disguise thinning hair, and found quite a bit about going lighter. Anyway, the top of my scalp is where I’m the most thin and I stopped coloring for awhile cause I thought it might be damaging and also accentuate my thinness.

I had some pea-sized gray dots right on top and my stylist told me that (mixed in with my darker hair) the light spots will make it look thinner and be more noticable. So, I colored yesterday, and she was right! I am amazed. So, the way I figure it, until I am ready to go gray, I will add color (not to mention the body that comes with it). I’m wondering if going gradually lighter as the years progress might be a good way to go?

PS - The laser is really helping. Today I used no disguising powder in my hair and feel great about it.  I wish you all success.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.