New Stem Cell Treatment In the Works

Share/Bookmark

DM5

RankRank

Total Posts: 198

February 07, 2011, 02:31 AM

Their saying 2-5 years(again, but really this time) and….this is it. 

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpost.php?p=21208&postcount=120

“A door within the fire creaks, suddenly flies open and a girl is standing there.  Eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints as fair, she takes her fan and throws it in the Lion’s Den.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEl8OlQlLc&featur;

IGNORE

FunkyStumpfighter

RankRank

Total Posts: 64

# 1 ]

February 07, 2011, 10:55 AM

Real interesting stuff. It’s nice to see unrelated lines of research fitting together nicely to form a greater understanding of the situation.

Maybe this is the reason why PRP didn’t pan out so much, the concentrations were too low and there was nothing added to help progenitor cells form.

I’d imagine the people he’s done using similar methods had average MPB scalps, now imagine if you showed up with an incredibly healthy scalp. Imagine going there with a scalp that has much less fibrosis and is far more nourished than the patients he has done in the past. See, this is why I go to the non mainstream hair loss sites, I bet most people on the mainstream boards would never think to really condition their scalps before going to get a procedure like this done.

Shit, now imagine we actually find a way to get new hair to form, even if it is just tiny peachfuzz hairs, through wounding or using electrical currents etc. This sounds like something that would make going from velus to terminal less of a mountain to climb.

Time will tell, but this is the kind of thing that excites me. I’m holding ground lately, and my hairline seems to have mostly settled into a mature NW2, but the quality of the hair behind it and on my crown continues to suffer. If this new mix of highly concentrated PRP and Acell can switch on progenitor cells in the area its injected, then this would make me that much more resolute in my need to give wounding one monster of a shot. If we can at least find a viable method of going about it that either creates or activates velus hair growth, then this new PRP/Acell combo could be what it takes to get some of those to go terminal.

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

# 2 ]

February 07, 2011, 04:05 PM

Yeah it will be interesting to see what happens with this.  They seem pretty confident that this is it and if you look at it…..the science seems right.

“A door within the fire creaks, suddenly flies open and a girl is standing there.  Eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints as fair, she takes her fan and throws it in the Lion’s Den.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

# 3 ]

February 07, 2011, 08:14 PM

Honestly,

Ive been seeing stuff like this since I started losing my hair in around 2000.  Eleven years later still seeing the same stuff and same timeline.  I’ll believe it when theyre actually giving people new heads of hair.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

# 4 ]

February 08, 2011, 10:17 PM

On a side note.  DM5 you have the coolest logo ive seen on here.

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

# 5 ]

February 09, 2011, 02:57 PM

Neutron,

Yeah, I have pretty much felt the same about timelines for a cure.  But, someone even asks that question to Dr. Hitzig about half-way thru the talk and his reply was pretty convincing.  And thanks on the logo.

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

IGNORE

FunkyStumpfighter

RankRank

Total Posts: 64

# 6 ]

February 09, 2011, 03:04 PM

Another thing worth mentioning is that this is something he is already doing, with some success. The difference in the new procedure will be where the blood is collected, and the method used for concentrating it. I’ts the same PRP/ACell combo he’s already doing, just with a much more concentrated PRP. As far as I know, he’s the only one doing PRP with ACell.

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

# 7 ]

February 09, 2011, 10:58 PM

Funky,

To tell you the truth if someone could get a hold of one of those machines…..alll it would take would be someone who understands the procedure to help administer.  When I had PRP done 3 months after my transplant(noticed nothing from it-but was warned) all they did was draw blood spin it up in the machine, numb and then roll it into scalp(hurt like a son of a bitch I may add).  In this case you would draw blood from the marrow of the hip if I understand correctly to reach those autologous stem cells.  I’m pretty tapped out on funds after that transpant.  Course, I would imagine the price for the procedure at the dr’s office to be around what PRP was $6-$700.

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.