Revage I-Grow

Share/Bookmark

intellectural

Rank

Total Posts: 12

February 16, 2011, 11:38 AM

So the doctor that did my transplants is trying to pushing these:

http://www.igrowlaser.com/?uid=PT1_GS1_IGB_BR&gclid=CM3RwrmOjacCFRiAgwodxz3rgA

I’m assuming it’s weak on the diodes, anyone know anything about it? Also it looks like it only hits the top of the scalp.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 1 ]

February 17, 2011, 07:21 PM

Yeah, you know… this is about one of the only times I’d say one of those cheap stand devices are a MUCH BETTER DEAL.

It’s kinda hard to tell what is going on, but if the lasers are the brighter areas and the LED’s are the smaller dim ones, then I count only TEN real lasers:

igrow.png

...and it’s more expensive as the stand devices with 50+ diodes ($695 or something close to that).  I think there are a lot of flaws with those cheap stand devices, but I think they would vastly out perform this.  I’m way too exhausted to explain why right now, lol… but maybe I’ll come back and do that later!  It has to do with it not being that great to “lock” the diodes into place over one spot of your head if you only have a few of them -it’d be better to let your head move around a little.

They compare it to clinic/professional grade devices on another page which is a sad joke, but whatever.  I’m tired of fighting these companies like this that do this sort of thing. There is no competition whatsoever, and I’ll spare everyone a comparison of my helmet or the Sunetics G compared to this!  [I sit here sometimes though and go through the range of emotion whenever I see 10 diodes for $695 -including, I must admit, JEALOUSY! lol… Wow.  Do you know how EASY that would be to start doing shit like that?!]

Now, the LED thing.  I’ve actually been messing around with LED’s a little, but not as “keepers” for hair loss.  For guitar:

A lot of you know that I’m starting to get back into guitar again and re-building my pro rig, and these are a few pedals in my rack-mounted pedalboard.  I’ve been swapping out LED lights to be more FUN! lol…

The cat’s name is “MurderCat”, by the way, and don’t mess with him. 

Anyway, I’ve messed with all kinds now with all sorts of intensities, and it just IS NOT the same as lasers.  Sure, they may be good for skin -and they may be the ONLY SOLUTION for around the eyes- but they just do not perform like lasers do on the scalp, and you can totally feel it.  LED’s, for lack of a better term, are just “dead light” to me.  Fixing skin seems to be pretty easy, but hair loss… man, humans are CURING CANCER with greater success than treating hair loss.  It’s a BITCH, and it takes the “magic” of laser light.

There is a reason that .20 cent LEDS aren’t surpassing $4 diodes!  LEDs belong on guitar pedals -and maybe around the eyes (because lasers are too damn potent there, so you want something weaker that isn’t penetrating so much).

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

intellectural

Rank

Total Posts: 12

# 2 ]

February 17, 2011, 07:28 PM

Totally, I just wanted your take on it- seems like all the snake oil companies are trying to jump on this bandwagon now with cheap imitations that won’t provide any benefits. I’m still looking forward to purchasing a helmet from you soon, I knew if my ht doc was promoting it, it was probably crap that had a huge profit margin!

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.