LLLT Questions!!!

Share/Bookmark

LEGACY2010

RankRank

Total Posts: 30

March 01, 2011, 04:08 PM

My question is one that might have never been discussed before! I wanted to know will LLLT work with a combination of hair loss and the effects of over-processed chemically damaged hair. “excessive coloring and chemical relaxers” After a year of bad hair care and over-processing hair treatment my hair is definitely not growing normal. Most of my hair still grow just continuing to grow thin and patchy only in the area where the chemical services had been done. To paint a picture my sides and back where keep short and top and crown where long and curly and then straightened, dyed WAY MANY TIMES OVER THE PERIOD OF A YEAR!!! 
My hair does grow but it keeps coming back thin and patchy. I’ve tried folligen which made me SHED SHED SHED over the last two months. LOL! So i buzzed it down and stopes using folligen. So back to the question is there any studies on this area and is there a chance that LLLT will be of any help in my case. Any and all please let me know. 

IGNORE

LEGACY2010

RankRank

# 1 ]

March 01, 2011, 04:33 PM

I almost forgot to mention.. Not too concerned to much with the regrowth aspect of it all. More concerned with thickening what hair I have that does continue to grow. I would say I have 80-95% of my hair, just thickening it is what I’m more concerned with… 

IGNORE

LEGACY2010

RankRank

# 2 ]

March 03, 2011, 03:51 PM

CRICKET… CRICKET…!!!

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 3 ]

March 03, 2011, 04:13 PM

Hey, Legacy!  Sorry about that!

Here is what lasers do…  they simply enable the follicle/tissue to function more like it should.  It does this by a complex series of events that basically stimulate the mitochondria of cells to produce more ATP for cells.  ATP is “cell food”, and cells are able to function at a much higher level.

So, follicles grow better hair, the damaged tissue is able to heal much better, etc.  In your case, I think it’d PROBABLY work just fine -it all depends on what sort of damage you’ve done!  I had an extremely adverse reaction with Rogaine Foam (I’m not the only one, either), which caused me to lose sections of my hair that had SOME success coming back with lasers, but I think they were just “killed” (damaged beyond repair).  I don’t know, though… I feel like my hair has gone through another thickening spurt though here at 3 1/3 years into my laser therapy, so maybe that area is finally responding a little or something.  I can’t prove that -nor am I going to try! lol…

But, I guess the summary is that you have a good chance of bringing back damaged hair/follicles to a normal state, and it just depends on how far gone they are!

By the way, I have a little 810nm laser device that I created for deep tissue wound healing, etc.  One of my cats was diagnosed with Stage III Chronic Kidney Disease in the beginning of January.  I used the device religiously on his kidneys for the month and into February, and at the beginning of February, he had improved to Stage II -which is actually pretty rare, so I do 100% feel it was the laser therapy.  Also, he acted much healthier and happier, and ate a lot more (and gained a pound or so).  It was really a total personality change.

Here is the second part.  As some of you know, I’ve been so busy this month that I can barely breath, and unfortunately I didn’t use the laser therapy device on him for almost the entire month out of laziness, stupidity, forgetfulness, etc.  We just got him tested again on Friday, and he was back to Stage III again -and he’s been acting much more sick again and lost that pound.  So, use the device… he makes an out-of-the-norm IMPROVEMENT.  Don’t use the device… he slips back.

So, I’ve been using the device every other day again, and already in the course of a week, he’s acting much healthier and eating more again.  Literally, it’s a pretty big change.

So, why am I mentioning this -other that to proclaim lasers as being TOTALLY BAD ASS???  Because it’s working on the kidneys in pretty much the same way as it would on hair loss.  It’s simply causing the tissue -or in this case the remaining kidney cells- to do whatever it’s particular job is job BETTER.  The remaining kidney cells are able simply able to do the filtering, etc. that kidneys do, and it’s making him healthier.  [All this is already proven in studies, by the way, and should be common knowledge -but whatever… it’s not.]

Now, the true test will be if in the next month or two he’s back to Stage II -and then we’ll know for certain that the lasers are doing it and it’s not a fluke (lol… I just saw him strutting by, and I can tell you it’s not a fluke!).

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

LEGACY2010

RankRank

# 4 ]

March 03, 2011, 04:29 PM

Thanks OMG
From what i can tell you is that my hair still grows. I don’t have any spots of missing hair or anything like that. Although right on the top of my head near my crown are two spots the size of a quarter or a little bigger, one on the left and one on the right that I have hair growing but its very fine magnified I can see but barely in normal lighting. The same goes with the top of my scalp a mixture of thin and thick hairs throughout.
I do also want to add it’s been a year later hasn’t gotten any worse, but can seem to find anything to make it any better.

IGNORE

LEGACY2010

RankRank

# 5 ]

March 03, 2011, 04:36 PM

Oh yeah!!! I’ve tried minox for almost a year…. And what do you know it did NOTHING!! lol. I realize I never really hear to many people discuss this topic. So I would think because of the healing power of lasers that they would be beneficial.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 6 ]

March 04, 2011, 01:04 AM

Legacy,

Every modality has non-responders!  LLLT may not work for you as well.  The good news is you sound like an excellent candidate for LLLT and it did improve my hair a lot.  I highly recommend it. 
OMG,

That is awesome about one your cat’s kidneys and LLLT.  You need to document your treatment.  My current cats may need something like this in the future.  I lost a cat a several years ago to kidney failure and there was nothing I could do at that time.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 7 ]

March 04, 2011, 07:03 PM

Lapwing…

What pisses me off is that the main study done on LLLT and renal/kidney disease was done I think way back in ‘98 or ‘99.  Because it was done with diodes and not a an actual pharmaceutical product with millions of dollars of marketing behind it, most people don’t know about it.

One of my wife’s cousins has some strange defect that caused kidney failure at a fairly young age (I think he’s in his mid 20’s) and is now on the list for a transplant, and has been getting treatment here at the Mayo Clinic.  Guess how much the doctors knew about laser therapy for kindey disease!  Just guess.  Go ahead.

Yeah, they knew nothing about it.  So, it’s safe to say that practically ZERO vets would know about this as well.  See… I’m not finished with this laser stuff by any stretch of the imagination.  We’ve already created A LOT of awareness about the good things that LLLT can do, and I think we should keep doing it.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 8 ]

March 04, 2011, 07:11 PM

Legacy…

I *wish* that minox did NOTHING to my hair! lol….  That last trip with Rogaine Foam was disasterous.  However, I think my first POSITIVE experience with it might have been worse, and I’ll explain:

See… a lot of people seem to have an initial positive response to minoxidil.  I did… literally, the first three to six months of minox was great, and I had little hairs growing in all over the place way back in the late 90’s.  Lots of people get that, and that’s way most of the positive posts from minox are from NEW USERS, and most of the people that slam people like me that warn against it are kids that are “new to the game” and in that first year.

However, fast forward to a year or a couple of years later, and the posts are no longer positive about minoxidil for the VAST MAJORITY of people (except for minox salesmen).  Almost every single person is then searching for ways to get off of it -and right now, I don’t think I can name one person that has been fighting hair loss for any length of time that is still using minox.

That happened with me… I NEVER could recapture that initial first bit of results, I had lost all those little hairs again by maybe month 10, and I put up with crappy, greasy, shitty ass hair and sheds for YEARS, staring in the mirror hoping next month would be the month when it’d start working again.  I pissed away YEARS with doing that.  Not that there was much alternative at the turn of the millenium anyway, but still… at least I could have had non-greasy hair!

Oh well, thank goodness that’s over with!

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

LEGACY2010

RankRank

# 9 ]

March 04, 2011, 07:45 PM

Hey OMG
I really didn’t have that type of experience with minox. Lets talk about ZERO results!!! NO SHED, NO GROWTH, NO NOTHING. I was just hoping to get the thickening affect from it, and what do you know… NADA!!! lol
I also mentioned trying Folligen. It just seemed like it accelerated my hair to shed. Most likely from the slight irritation along with using it. Im not really losing any just rather patchy and sadly thin in some areas!! Now I don’t know wether the folligen shed was good because I’m rather scared to continue losing more and more hair. And it’s only when I use it. Eeeke!! 
Soo that why I’m leaning toward LLLT..  Now just a couple questions on that topic. Is there such a thing as too much LLLT. I’ve read about a sunburn type feeling afterward. Is that good or bad??  And is there such a thing as overstimulation?? I’m conserned with products that make you shed, will the hair return if it falls out? I just hope that LLLT will provide the thickening effect and healing aspect that come froms laser treatments.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.