Share/Bookmark

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

March 02, 2011, 06:55 PM

Check out this link:

http://minoxidil.com/

If this is permanent it will be very interesting to watch the other forums over the coming months. Without those forums receiving the revenue from the sale of his overpriced products I’ve got a sneaky suspicion they will gradually turn away from the obscession with minoxidil and gradually begin touting something else.

Dr Proctor may be next. He has prescription stuff in his products as well.

As I see it there are two kinds of ripoffs in the hairloss treatment industry. The first is the stuff that doesn’t work at all. The second is the stuff that works marginally but is outrageously priced. In my humble opinion Dr Lee and Dr Proctor fall into the second category. Their products have a decent scientific rationale, and they probably do work a bit better than standard minoxidil, but they are certainly not worth the ongoing expense.

Also what would prompt the FDA to do such a thing? I would like to think perhaps they found out that 15% minoxidil can be dangerous but I suspect one of the big drug companies are getting ready for a new product release in the next few years.

It was always my understanding that a physician could always by law be permitted to use any drug he deemed helpful regardless of the reason it was originally approved. For example a physician could prescribe 2% Nizoral shampoo for hair loss even though it was never approved for male pattern baldness. So where exactly did Dr Lee go wrong?

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 1 ]

March 02, 2011, 11:35 PM

this is just a guess…but the FDA approves a drug for a purpose.  Though a doctor is allowed to prescribe that drug for other purposes,  when multiple drugs are combined in one product (such as combining minox with finesteride) and that new product has not been tested it may fall into a legal gray area.  This may also be the case with raising the legal concentration of a drug, such as the 15% concentration.

Again, I don’t know the laws in this arena….but it is an interesting development.  I hope this doesn’t happen to the promox guy.  I like his products a lot.

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 2 ]

March 03, 2011, 03:45 PM

Zix Creator…

Over the many years that you and I have been posting, we both reached the exact same conclusion -ON OUR OWN, by the way- of what was going on at some of the other hair loss sites out there.  Other products get PURPOSELY SILENCED by people either directly involved with the site or by people that are knowingly allowed to do this.  I’m not saying that lightly, and I’ve been talking about it for five years -and lord knows we’ve had plenty of evidence of this.  Most of it on face value is pretty innocent, but the added total of it is exactly why the hair loss industry is in its current situation!

It will absolutely be AMAZING to see what happens now that some of the boutique minox products -with known, caught-red-handed pushers like that [BLACKLISTED word/name/company removed automatically] idiot pushing them and tricking people at any given opportunity.

The way I stand on it is that I absolutely don’t want the FDA in existence in their current form, and I don’t need to actually see any evidence to know that they are bullying Dr. Lee and overstepping their bounds.

Anyway, this is certainly interesting!  …And, oh, let’s thank the BRAVE, COURAGEOUS FDA for taking out such dangerous products like Dr. Lee’s 15% minoxidil for the public good.  What heroes, huh.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 3 ]

March 03, 2011, 03:55 PM

By the way, I should mention that I FEAR the FDA.  I haven’t ever done one thing that violates any of their laws and I’m protected by/under the wing of the number one person for lasers in the country, but they are a government agency prone to commiting massive abuses of power and don’t “favor you” until you have BILLIONS.  That scares the shit out of me -and I’m following all the rules and regulations!

If my posts on this thread are gone in a few days, you know why.  I’m honestly scared to speak out about them too loudly.  I read this sort of stuff, and I’m like this:

whatihaveseen.png

So, nothing scares me more than what government can do to stand in the way of an honest livelihood.  I hope Dr. Lee has alternate sources of income.  Maybe I should offer him a job of building laser helmets for me.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 4 ]

March 03, 2011, 09:09 PM

fda-boutique-minox-department.png

Ha ha!  I know you guys have missed me posting for the past couple of months!  smile

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 5 ]

March 04, 2011, 07:14 PM

Ok, seriously.  If no one laughs at my “knock knock” joke really soon, I’m going to pull the plug on this site and replace it with a screen that says “Not having a sense of humor causes hair loss”.

Fucking A, that’s COMEDY FREAKING GOLD, and you guys need to laugh at it!

IGNORE

halfempty

RankRank

Total Posts: 58

# 6 ]

March 04, 2011, 07:53 PM

I thought that it was funny John. Especially the pic you chose. Don’t close up the sight, I am laughing. Storehoused!

IGNORE

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 108

# 7 ]

March 04, 2011, 09:40 PM

that looks like ron reagan…

IGNORE

FunkyStumpfighter

RankRank

Total Posts: 64

# 8 ]

March 04, 2011, 09:44 PM

Aww yeah, meme time.

roflbot.jpg

roflbot1.jpg

roflbot2.jpg

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 9 ]

March 05, 2011, 12:08 AM

HA HA HA!  Great!!!!  Ok, the site is saved!

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 10 ]

March 05, 2011, 12:12 AM

...and that face DOES look like Ron Reagan!  It also looks like my best friend since the late 90’s (and the guy that I’m starting to write songs with and will probably play some gigs with in the future) when he’s giving a drunk-as-shit “I couldn’t care less about what you’re saying” expression.  I told him that he should put that on a tee shirt during gigs.  I’m sort of jealous and want a picture like that of MY FACE.  I might have to do that soon -maybe with me wearing my visor.

fda-now.png

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 11 ]

March 05, 2011, 12:36 AM

fda-karate.png

IGNORE

halfempty

RankRank

Total Posts: 58

# 12 ]

March 05, 2011, 12:43 PM

HAHAHAHA! That was some brilliant shit!! Strong, fierce, dedicated! Thats YOU OMG.

IGNORE

FunkyStumpfighter

RankRank

Total Posts: 64

# 13 ]

March 11, 2011, 07:12 PM

1299564481255.jpg

Hair loss, it’s serious business.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 14 ]

March 13, 2011, 05:39 PM

That’s amazing that you found the original!  I had no idea there was a Yao Ming meme out there -and I had no idea that drawing was him!

fda-dont-care-bout-bald-people.jpg

IGNORE

I-Head

Rank

Total Posts: 19

# 15 ]

March 15, 2011, 08:02 AM

LoL, good feed..

look, his products may have pushed a few boundaries, when i was looking i thought it was a bit too easy to get some of the items he sold simply over the net… but then again… what can’t you get over the net these days.

Irrelevant what side you stand on with regard to hair-loss… sad story for Mr. dr. Lee….

IGNORE

I-Head

Rank

# 16 ]

March 30, 2011, 07:49 AM

Got an email today from the crew at minoxidil.com, sounds like they’re recalling (or trying to) all of the stock they’ve previously sold.

I couldn’t help but see the irony in the warnings of using the various pharmaceutical drugs.

I guess the right people weren’t being paid off…

see the exert below:

[1] Minoxidil can cause a decrease in the blood pressure, an increase in the heart rate, dizziness on standing (orthostatic hypotension), lightheadedness, headaches and swollen feet/hands.

[2] Azelaic acid can cause hypopigmentation in darkly pigmented patients. It can also make the skin where it is applied more sensitive to sunburn.

[3] Finasteride can cause erectile dysfunction, decreased libido and testicular pain. Finasteride use is contraindicated in women when they are or may potentially be pregnant. Finasteride use may have the potential to cause abnormalities of the external genitalia of a male fetus of a pregnant woman.

[4] Spironolactone applied topically is quickly and completely metabolized. The metabolic products can cause vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain or cramps, dry mouth, thirst, dizziness, headache, gynecomastia and irregular menses.

[5] Retinoic acid can cause burning and stinging of the skin, lightening of the skin in the treated area, peeling, redness, an unusually warm feeling and unusual dryness.

[6] Ketoconazole in a shampoo can cause hair discoloration and abnormal hair texture, removal of the curl from permanently waved hair, itching, skin burning sensation and contact dermatitis, alopecia, rash, urticaria, skin irritation and dry skin.

[7] Salicylic acid can cause mild, temporary burning, itching, irritation, or stinging.

Please complete and return the Customer Response Form shown below as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)).

You are being advised to stop using any and all of these products, and to contact Dr. Lee prior to discarding them.

This recall is being made with the knowledge of the Food and Drug Administration.

Customer Response Form for Regrowth, LLC Recall of All Products

Please check ALL appropriate boxes:

I I-Head have read and understand the recall instructions provided in this March 2011 email message ___

I have checked my stock and have quarantined inventory of all Regrowth LLC products ___

Indicate disposition of recalled product(s):

Used (Specify quantity and date) _______

Destroyed (Specify quantity, date and method)

Any adverse events associated with recalled product(s)? Yes ___ No ___

If yes, please explain:

Please complete, copy and send this response form to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 17 ]

March 30, 2011, 07:55 AM

That’s really funny that the FDA is making them do that (I’m assuming). Here is what I would do… in this part:

Customer Response Form for Regrowth, LLC Recall of All Products

Please check ALL appropriate boxes:

I I-Head have read and understand the recall instructions provided in this March 2011 email message ___
I have checked my stock and have quarantined inventory of all Regrowth LLC products ___
Indicate disposition of recalled product(s):
Used (Specify quantity and date) _______
Destroyed (Specify quantity, date and method)
Any adverse events associated with recalled product(s)? Yes ___ No ___

If yes, please explain:

...I would write in “F*ck you, out of control over-reaching governemnet agency… it’s none of your damn business what I did with this product, and I take GREAT OFFENSE to you even asking.  I will be writing my congressman of this matter.”

“Government Gone Wild” at it’s finest.

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

I-Head

Rank

# 18 ]

March 30, 2011, 08:02 AM

LoL

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 19 ]

March 30, 2011, 08:13 AM

Even better:  “I’m a mature adult and a citizen of the United States, and I am capable of making rational decisions. What I do with this product and how I use this on my own property is no one’s business but my own, and certainly not the business of any Federal agency.”

What’s funny is that people are starting to get so brainwashed and accept that the government has any sort of business to be doing any of that, they probably would think that a statement like that would be controversial.

Statements like that should be the first thought people have, though!  But, you know, I’m some far-out wingnut that believe’s that this country is great because of the freedoms of it’s citizens -not because of one thing that the government could do.  I know… I’m crazy.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.