2011; Anything new on the pipeline?

Share/Bookmark

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

March 04, 2011, 06:58 PM

I think I started researching hairloss around 2000.  11 years later and it doesn’t seem like too much has happend.  Is anyone aware of new happenings in this field.  Any possible new treatments?

Thanks.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 1 ]

March 04, 2011, 10:04 PM

I started researching hair loss in 2007 and it seems to me a lot more options came open around that time of 2007-8.  Mainly lllt and better supplementation understanding and the whole physiology of MPB.  Seems like everybody was fairly clueless from 2006 back.  I often wish I had started researching hair loss in 2005, but I probably would not have saved much hair because the knowledge base was not as good then.  I was in denial of my hair loss for about 2 years. 

I think the best bet in the future is some type of topical that can penetrate the scalp and stimulate the hair follicles stem cells.  It is just a matter of time now.  It could be 10 years before we see something like that though.  Supposedly people are working on this right now and it could become a reality anytime now.  Still there will have to be fda approval etc, which will delay entry.  I can’t imagine slick bald spots filling in that much.  But who knows.  It is very important to halt you hair loss now and stop and reverse some of the fibrosis as much as you can now.  How much hair you can get back in the future will probably strongly depend on how much fibrotic scarring you have now on your scalp.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 2 ]

March 08, 2011, 02:52 AM

Here is something new.  The Allergan bimatoprost trials, new treatment for hair loss.  This could be very promising!

http://baumanmedical.typepad.com/follicleblog/2010/10/allergan-initiates-fda-clinical-trial-of-bimatoprostlatisse-for-scalp-hair-growth.html

It says the results of the trials is suppose come out around Feb 2011.  Does anyone know if the results have come out?

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

# 3 ]

March 08, 2011, 10:22 PM

Lapwing.  I guess I see what your saying. This website is a testimate to the knowledge Ive gained in the last few years.  Mainly, managing more than one pathway for this problem. I’m now using the supplement line, which may actually give me my strongest regimen yet.  I think Immortal hair has done alot of great research.  Especially for someone like me that never really responded to DHT treatments.  However, my family that carries this hairloss gene also seems to carry heart disease/diabetes.  I guess what I was referring to is that one treatment that really offers some effective results.  Maybe the key is just maintenance and quality of hair.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 4 ]

March 28, 2011, 12:51 AM

Still no news on the bimatoprost trials, but I found this info on a women hair loss site.  This could be a really big breakthrough!  Neutron, I will never depend on one modality when it comes to MPB.  I have halted my hairloss and got some modest regrowth.  If I could get 10-15% regrowth with bimatoprost, I will effectively reclaimed my old rockstar hair of 2004.  Plus my overall health and eating habits are so much better now.  I will not give that up.

My one big complaint about IH is that his top 6 is a bit of a “lie”.  I think you need a whole lot more than 6 supps to battle mpb.  It just will not cut it.  And guys need to know that they are going to have to shell out some major bucks to effectively fight this sh#t and no pretty half dozen is going to do it (not even close), imo.

http://www.heralopecia.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17993

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 5 ]

March 28, 2011, 08:03 AM

FYI, Lapwing… That site you linked to doesn’t allow discussion about my helmet or Immortal’s supplements.  I hear about the deletion of posts and threads from there all the time.  Yeah, you’ll see stuff occasionally that they don’t catch and the probably allow small mentions, but they have it so links are permanently broken,  etc.

The only reason I’m mentioning that is that everyone simply HAS TO keep that in mind when you see anything talked about there (or hairlosstalk, who owns and runs the site).  In other words, not only do you have to ask yourself why us two are being suppressed, but why AREN’T some others.  Who knows… Maybe it’s just that they think Immortal Hair and OverMachoGrande are big, fat jerks (I’ve blocked several jerks!). Maybe in their case it’s money, though (duh!).

Everyone… 

I suppose to add the list of what’s new in 2011, we’ll be able to pulse the helmets at 9 Khz, so we’ll be able to get to the bottom of whether it’s truly more effective or not.

I’ll be testing a pulsing unit soon, and we’ll probably have some available for others to buy if they wanted to join in. So, that’s actually really exciting!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 6 ]

March 28, 2011, 12:11 PM

I just found that site through a web search for the bimatoprost trials last night.  Wow, I had no idea there was history there related to you guys. I don’t understand anyone who would want to block you guys.  You both basically give away info for free and are open to new ideas and general discussion.  Unfortunately the hair loss world can be quite murky.  I still have high hopes for bimatoprost.   

OMG, that is awesome!  When you get a working pulsing unit, I will want upgrade.  Will you provide an upgrade kit or will I need a whole new helmet?

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 7 ]

March 28, 2011, 01:20 PM

It should be able to work with the helmets.  There are some factors that need to be tested, but I think the worst case scenario is that we would have to have a different power supply with more volts (it’s complicated!), but everything might work as is, and it’ll be designed to just fit right in between the power supply and the helmet.

Oh, and with the other thing, there really ISN’T a history.  Those guys have always been douchebags -the moderators, that is.  I don’t even know if the owner knows anything about it.  I’ve seen some leaked out behind the scenes, moderator only emails that would make your hair curl.  I could care less, though!  I don’t take that stuff personally anymore.  Douchebags will be douchebags, and I’ve set up a douchebag free zone here in our own little corner of the internet.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

actionreaction

RankRank

Total Posts: 25

# 8 ]

March 28, 2011, 11:37 PM

There’s some neat stuff happening on the IH site regarding the most likely, and not so surprisingly most subtle “root cause” of hair loss that ties everything we know about alopecia (and most other health problems) into a perfectly fitting puzzle.

Only trouble is at the moment the only reliable option is very very tedious and time consuming, looking forward to an easier way to tackle the issue, as it will spell trouble for those Douchebags that OMG is rightfully denouncing.  I love how just being a member of these sites makes one a rebel, haha.

Of a suprahuman immensity in a patch of sand or a raptors guileless shivering intensity, I’m only a visitor,
an atom of atoms on a jutting red splattered synagogue of granite as it crouches literally in space
A frozen amoral giant gazing heavenward, forever

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 9 ]

March 29, 2011, 10:59 AM

Here is the cure but year after year nothing seems to happen.

Rather than removing a chunk of scalp, doctors have begun to experiment with extracting single hair cells, replicating them in a petri dish, and implanting new, lab-grown cells. These cells mature into hair follicles through a process known as follicular neogenesis. If the technology can be perfected, there would be no limit to the amount of hair that could be grown. “It’s the holy grail of hair technology, and we’re going to be the first to get it,” Washenik says. “I don’t want to sound too grandiose, but we’re talking about Nobel Prize-level work here.”

IGNORE

scottyc33

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 141

# 10 ]

March 29, 2011, 02:42 PM

Lapwing - March 28, 2011, 12:51 AM

My one big complaint about IH is that his top 6 is a bit of a “lie”.  I think you need a whole lot more than 6 supps to battle mpb.  It just will not cut it.  And guys need to know that they are going to have to shell out some major bucks to effectively fight this sh#t and no pretty half dozen is going to do it (not even close), imo.

http://www.heralopecia.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17993

IH Regimen (6 supplements)
Eating (mostly) Paleo Diet
Doing heavy metal detox 1-2x a year

Has stopped my hairloss.

Admittedly, I am 35 started losing my hair in my early thirties and my loss was not “aggressive”.

However, you shouldn’t make general statements about people needing a “whole lot more”, and needing to spend a boatload of money, because it’s not true (at least not in my case).

IGNORE

FunkyStumpfighter

RankRank

Total Posts: 64

# 11 ]

March 29, 2011, 05:45 PM

The top 6 thing, and many of the things on the IH forum can be a bit overwhelming when you first look into it, but it is much simpler once you get into the swing of things. Its as much about overall health as it is hair loss, taking the supplements but continuing to eat and live unhealthy isn’t the way to go. They’re not medications or chemicals, they’re not going to force your body into doing something.

Anyway, I’m keeping an eye on Dr. Hitzig’s new ACell and PRP+ procedure, as I think ACell could be more useful than most forumgoers may realize. I think that all Hitzig needs is get the special equipment needed for the PRP+ (something like 14x more concentrated than regular PRP, with blood taken from the hip bone), so the procedure could be available sooner rather than later. May not be an all out cure for hair loss, but something worth keeping an eye on, for sure.

EDIT:: I just found this on Hitzig’s page on the procedure.

http://nyhairloss.com/news/acell-matri-stem-suspended-in-arterial-blood-serumprp-platelet-rich-plasma-to-retard-geneticother-types-of-hair-loss-and-possibly-re-grow-miniaturizing-scalp-hairs/

By pre-mixing the ACell with either the Arterial Serum (or more easily the PRP in a non-surgical patient) we are skipping the step of waiting for the Adult Stem Cells to migrate to the injection sites and in essence pre-activating the injections. The injection sites serve as microwounds which ACell requires to begin the healing (duplication) process. In our opinion, wounds cannot be superficial, but rather, must be down to the subcutaneous tissue level in order to maximize effectiveness.

Lends credence to the thought of using the ACell powder/saline mix with a rather deep dermaroller. Also, notice that the injections themselves are being used as a means of wound creation. I’d imagine a dermaroller would create a much larger wounding response than a single injection in what I would imagine is about every square centimeter (maybe more or less, I don’t know).

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 12 ]

March 29, 2011, 08:08 PM

I’vd read a lot of posts over the years of people not doing so well on the top 6.  MPB is a hard thing to fight for most people.  I personally think most people will have a much better chance not doing just the poor man’s version.  But if I keep hearing more success stories of people just doing the top six, I may just change my mind and cut down my supplement costs as well.

IGNORE

actionreaction

RankRank

# 13 ]

April 02, 2011, 01:25 AM

To reply to the Top 6 comment, I don’t think that it alone will be enough for the majority, for a lot of reasons ...

It’s a shame that it isn’t posted enough, or at all on this site, but chelation is perhaps the most important element to fighting hair loss, this is the opinion of IH’s as well as mine as with no other supplements but Iodine and some other minerals I’ve pretty much stopped my hair loss.

I don’t post here much at all, as all my research and whatnot is on IH’s site, for more info on chelation until somebody makes a front page article on metals, inflammation, and infection, refer to my posts and others on IH’s site.

Of a suprahuman immensity in a patch of sand or a raptors guileless shivering intensity, I’m only a visitor,
an atom of atoms on a jutting red splattered synagogue of granite as it crouches literally in space

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 14 ]

April 02, 2011, 11:57 AM

actionreaction - April 02, 2011, 01:25 AM

It’s a shame that it isn’t posted enough, or at all on this site, but chelation is perhaps the most important element to fighting hair loss, this is the opinion of IH’s as well as mine as with no other supplements but Iodine and some other minerals I’ve pretty much stopped my hair loss.

I don’t post here much at all, as all my research and whatnot is on IH’s site, for more info on chelation until somebody makes a front page article on metals, inflammation, and infection, refer to my posts and others on IH’s site.

That somebody should be YOU.  You should write something -not how you guys discuss it on Immortal’s site, though.  You guys are discussing this sort of stuff at level five when we don’t even know what level one is. 

The reason lasers caught on (besides the fact that they WORK) is because I sat down and typed up a site that explains everything in laymens terms to people.  THIS is why you need to do it, THIS is why other devices don’t work, and THIS is how you do it.  If I had just started out talking about wavelengths, nanometers and joules, then people would still have to search for that “level one”, probably would have lost interest, and there would be a thousand more balding people than there are.

So, put that together, send it to me, and I’ll post it.  I’ll get the pretty graphics and arrange it in the proper news article format, I’ll bump you to “editor” status and put it under your name so you can edit it or add to it, and we can even do some video stuff in a few weeks (I’m setting up my studio for “dual commentary”).  Keep in mind you have to word it for people that have never even heard of the word “chelation”.

Here is a good first step:

che·la·tion   /kiˈleɪʃən/ [kee-ley-shuhn]

–noun
1. Chemistry . the process of chelating.
2. Medicine/Medical .
a. a method of removing certain heavy metals from the bloodstream, used especially in treating lead or mercury poisoning.
b. a controversial treatment for arteriosclerosis that attempts to remove calcium deposits from the inner walls of the coronary arteries.

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

actionreaction

RankRank

# 15 ]

April 02, 2011, 12:11 PM

Hey OMG, I’ll certainly have a shot it at, then run it by IH and see if he approves, if so I’ll send what I have to you!

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 16 ]

April 02, 2011, 01:18 PM

I worry about metals too.  I am glad I don’t have any nasty dental implants.  I also stay away from wearing metal jewelry etc.  I think tattoo inks have a lot metal in them too and should be avoided.  Eating fish a lot could be concern as well.

I haven’t paid too much attention on how to chelate.  I would be interested in hearing more.  I think some of my supplements I take do the job at least partially if I recall correctly.

The thing about MPB is it come at you at some many angles from fungus to heavy metals.  These may not be the root causes per se but they can accelerate the hell out of the process and make you bald decades before your time.

IGNORE

actionreaction

RankRank

# 17 ]

April 02, 2011, 02:21 PM

Lapwing and OMG - For thirty dollars on Iherb you can have a months supply of a great, reliable chelation regimen that consists of Enzymatic Therapy’s Metal Cleanse and Jarrow’s Toxguard.  I strongly recommend it.  Metals cause trouble on their own, no doubt about it, but in my piles of research into the underlying mechanisms of the conditions that cause the inflammation etc that starts MPB, infection is to blame, dental, gut, everywhere, we’re surprisingly full of bacteria ... and metals are what give these critters homes and protect them from our immune system.  It’s more complicated, but as has been stated I need to simplify, haha.

Also, you don’t need dental work to have mercury or other less understood metals in you, just buy regular produce at the grocery store and you’ll have it accumulate in you.

No doubt OMG, I would highly recommend you spend the money on the chelation, you’ve done us all such a grand favor I feel I owe it to you to push it on you, haha.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.