Super Zix II Questions

Share/Bookmark

calvinist

RankRank

Total Posts: 45

March 11, 2011, 10:59 AM

I’m about to make the investment for Super Zix II, but nave a couple of questions that I could use help with.

1) I now use Poly 80/Ethyl Alcohol on days that I use my laser helmet, but not on the other days. Would Zix take the place of this, or would I still use the Poly 80/Ethyl with the Zix?

2) Is Zix to be used every day?

I’ll probably have more questions, but for now this would really help. Thanks.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

March 11, 2011, 03:21 PM

I would say to continue with your polysorbate 80/ethyl alcohol routine as normal. Yes you apply super zix II twice per day. Morning and night. But of course don’t apply it until after lasering.

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

# 2 ]

March 11, 2011, 03:36 PM

Thanks for that reply. Now, on days I laser, do I apply the Zix in the morning, then wait 5 minutes and apply the poly 80?

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 3 ]

March 11, 2011, 03:40 PM

The polysorbate 80 is in the zix formula. It’s not something you apply seperately.

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

# 4 ]

March 11, 2011, 03:44 PM

So you think I should stop using the poly 80/ethyl separately and just use the zix? I did see the poly is in there as well.

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 5 ]

March 11, 2011, 04:14 PM

^^^

Zix Creator, with your permission if I may…  No, calvinist, do not stop using the ps80/ethyl separately.  The ps80 in Zix has a different purpose (it acts, inter alia, as an emulsifier, and is left on the scalp) than it does when you use it separately (where it is used to more thoroughly cleanse the scalp and hair follicles, albeit partially by its action as a fatty emulsifier, and is rinsed off after 30 minutes or so).  I’ve been using a ps80/alcohol mixture for MANY years, and have found it VERY helpful in slowing/halting my hair loss.

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

# 6 ]

March 11, 2011, 04:30 PM

Thanks Rosariorose9. So, if I’m understanding you, I would apply the zix in the morning after my shower and let it dry. Then, I would apply the poly 80/ethyl mix. Correct?

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

# 7 ]

March 11, 2011, 04:47 PM

No, calvinist.  You apply the ps80/ethyl mix BEFORE you shower. Massage it in and then leave it in for ten to thirty minutes or so.  Then shower, rinsing out the ps80/ethyl mixture, followed by shampooing with your favorite shampoo.  After your shower towel dry your hair and apply the Zix…

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

# 8 ]

March 11, 2011, 04:50 PM

Here’s why I ask. On laser days, I apply the poly 80 and ethyl and leave it in all day until I get home from work. So, it’s in for about 10-12 hours to get maximum effect from it. If I did this, I would need to apply it after the zix in the morning.

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

# 9 ]

March 11, 2011, 06:06 PM

You do not need to leave the ps 80 in all day.  May I suggest that you purchase a heating cap like this: http://www.amazon.com/Thermal-Spa-Professional-Conditioning-Model/dp/B003TPTGDK/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t  You .can purchase one at your local beauty supply shop.  After applying the ps80 use the cap for twenty to thirty minutes.  That will assure maximum penetration of the ps80.  Then follow the rest of the scenario I outlined above.

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

# 10 ]

March 11, 2011, 06:08 PM

Thanks again, much appreciated!!!

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

# 11 ]

March 11, 2011, 08:38 PM

YRW!

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

# 12 ]

March 14, 2011, 03:07 PM

I’m having lots of trouble ordering this. They say that my email address can’t be accepted, whatever that means. Anybody else have problems ordering?

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

# 13 ]

March 15, 2011, 09:31 PM

I see that it’s recommended to not make more then a 2 month supply of the original Zix formula. Is the same true for the super Zix II?

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 14 ]

March 16, 2011, 01:10 PM

The original zix formula had no alcohol. Therefore refrigeration was a must. Super Zix II contains alcohol so refrigeration is recommended but probably not necessary as long as you are not making more than a two month supply.

IGNORE

yanks1

RankRank

Total Posts: 39

# 15 ]

March 24, 2011, 10:34 AM

i just started using super zix ii and i find that it leaves some resin on my scalp and irritates it a little bit like minox used to. i thought itd be more gentle. i also started shedding a lot since using it and i thought it was supposed to decrease shedding drastically. wondering how i can combat this and still use it

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 16 ]

March 24, 2011, 10:52 AM

Hi Yanks.

Start by tailoring the formula to meet your specific needs. First instead of just dumping the zinc and b-6 into the formula….dump them into a coffee filter. Then wrap up the contents with teh coffee filter and tie it up with a piece of string. This will essentially give you a zinc and b-6 tea bag. Now immerse this tea bag inot your formula and give it a few days to dissolve. Then remove the tea bag. This should end the residue problem.

Now we need to address the irritation problem. This may take some trial and error. Try making the formula without polysorbate 80. keep in mind this will not fully eliminate polysorbate 80 because it is also in the Hair Muck. So you will merely be reducing it. Then give this new formulation a try and see if it fixes your problems. If not get back to me and we will proceed to step 2.

It’s a bit of a pain in the ass but well worth it in the long run.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.