It’s working

Share/Bookmark

Peachfuzz

RankRank

Total Posts: 46

March 14, 2011, 10:02 PM

I didn’t’ want to mention anything before (didn’t want to jinx myself) and because I just wasn’t quite sure.. but dang it my ponytail is getting thicker. I bought smaller ponytail holders because the regular ones were just reminding me over and over that my hair was getting thinner. The smaller ones are getting a little tight when I double it up.

I’m also noticing a lot of wild hairs sticking up on top of my head that I can’t get to flatten out.  In the past, that would drive me crazy but now it makes me happy seeing them.  What’s also good is it’s happening in the time frame I expected… the six months point. The advice everyone gave me to be patient was correct.  The advice not to stress out over how long it was going to take was right too… so go on.. say it.. “I told you so” I’ll gladly take it.

~Peach

IGNORE

Runz

RankRank

Total Posts: 23

# 1 ]

March 14, 2011, 10:42 PM

Hi Peach-

Congrats on the success.  What is your treatment plan- lasers, supplements, diet etc?

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 2 ]

March 16, 2011, 12:28 PM

That’s great news!  You know, LLLT is the ONLY THING that I’ve ever heard that will, for example, result in someone requiring bigger ponytail holders.  I hear things like this all the time in my emails.

Sure, some things like minox and propecia work -and I do feel a complete regimen is a smart idea (not with those two dreadful treatments, of course)- but there just isn’t anything I know of that regularly that thickens up the hair like this.  In fact, I can’t remember of hearing ANY other treatment that really THICKENS hair.

This is what a lot of the 20 year olds miss, though.  I think that since their hair is still YOUNG, they don’t really have that much to improve so they miss this -which I feel is the first NOTICEABLE thing that lets you know you are doing something positive for your hair.

...And by the way, I get emails all the time from people that say things like “It looks like people start shedding, but they never post that they have stopped or that they are having good results -therefore I don’t believe that they do.”  I, of course, tell them that they are COMPLETELY WRONG (except in extremely rare cases) and so I thank you very much for posting this because most of you DON’T, even though you tell me by email that you’re having great results!  YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. lol…

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 3 ]

March 16, 2011, 01:14 PM

Peachfuzz that is great news! I’m happy for you!

IGNORE

lp69

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

# 4 ]

March 17, 2011, 06:34 AM

To add to OMG concerning LLLT, I’m in month 18 and I have recently gone from “It seems to work” to “It REALLY works, and works VERY WELL”.
I’ve had waves of sheding making me wonder until now, but the shedings were actually more and more low, short, and less frequent, and each time the hair came back sooner, fuller and healthier.
When I compare to my brother, who is 3 years younger than me but doesn’t do anything about his hair, we now have a 3 step difference on the Norwood scale.

IGNORE

LegendaryReturn

Rank

Total Posts: 8

# 5 ]

March 21, 2011, 05:34 PM

peachfuzz - whats your complete regimen plz?
lp69 - what LLLT device you use? (diffuse/undiffuse how many diodes etc)

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 510

# 6 ]

March 23, 2011, 09:44 AM

Fantastic!  Just wait until we get the pulsing circuit ready…

IGNORE

lp69

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

# 7 ]

March 23, 2011, 11:56 AM

I have the OMG 415-diode helmet

IGNORE

actionreaction

RankRank

Total Posts: 25

# 8 ]

March 24, 2011, 05:01 PM

Nidhogge - March 23, 2011, 09:44 AM

Fantastic!  Just wait until we get the pulsing circuit ready…

Nid, been absolutely loving your posts as of late, keep up the great work my friend!

Of a suprahuman immensity in a patch of sand or a raptors guileless shivering intensity, I’m only a visitor,
an atom of atoms on a jutting red splattered synagogue of granite as it crouches literally in space
A frozen amoral giant gazing heavenward, forever

IGNORE

Gregsmom48

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

# 9 ]

March 25, 2011, 07:42 AM

I’ve been seeing thicker ponytails as well. Of course I also had confirmation from a hairdresser about a year ago, when she said “Your hair is coming in thicker. It’ll be nice to see how it is when it grows out.”

I started with OMG’s helmet in April of 2009. So I guess I’m coming up on 2 years.

THANKS OMG!!!!!!!

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 10 ]

March 25, 2011, 10:06 AM

I love all my customers, of course,  but in full disclose… Gregsmom48 is one of my favorites!  Ha ha ha!

I can be bought, though…  wink

-O.M.G.

PS-  I’ve declared it “Hawaiian Shirt Friday”, so everyone feel free to loosen up a bit today!

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

Gregsmom48

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

# 11 ]

March 27, 2011, 06:36 PM

Yeah, well, when something works, it works. When it doesn’t, I holler. Seriously, I have been able to grow my hair out for the first time in a long time. The only way they’ll get my laser helmet away from me is when THEY PRY IT OUT OF MY COLD, DEAD HANDS.

Hawaiian shirt Friday? As long as I don’t have to eat Poi…

Warmly

gregsmom48

IGNORE

Peachfuzz

RankRank

Total Posts: 46

# 12 ]

March 28, 2011, 10:28 PM

Hey guys and gals!

I’m suffering from the it’s working so don’t visit as much mode.

I decided not to add too many dietary items all at once because I would never really know what was working and what wasn’t. 

What I do/done

- Working with my doctor, got off of meds that had a ‘possible’ side effect of hair loss. 
- As a woman with declining estrogen, added isoflavones.
- Take biotin
- Wash my hair with Regenepure DT
- Enzyme peels (scalp skin lady product)
- Brush my scalp with a boar bristle brush daily.  I used to think that I had dry hair.  Brushing my scalp keeps the skin turning over and the gentle pulling helps the oils come out and not clog the pores. My hair is not dry… the oil was stuck in my pores. 
-  LLLT 3x week for 20 minutes with the pre-laser mix.

For me, this is enough as an initial treatment routine.  Nothing too crazy.

From what I researched for myself regarding hair growth cycle, six months is a key time after starting a treatment. OK when you are losing hair that seems like FORever. Over and over again it’s been said on this site to control stress. Right now, besides the LLLT, it is the best advice given. For the first few months I was freaking because I was going through MAJOR shedding. I kept looking and looking at my hair.. examining my scalp almost daily with my little microscope.  As the months went on, the shedding kept decreasing.  I became less and less stressed out about my hair because at least I wasn’t losing a lot all the time.  And then… I realized my ponytail is thicker.

So, I’m going to keep on keeping on with my current routine. If this is the result after 6 months then I’m expecting it’s going to get better.  Even if it doesn’t get better, I’ll be glad the loss has stopped.

(I feel weird because I’m getting good results and not doing anything too extreme)

~Peach

IGNORE

Scalp Skin Lady

RankRank

Total Posts: 63

# 13 ]

August 21, 2011, 11:23 AM

That is terrific news Peach.  Keep us posted and good luck!!

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.