Antioxidants

Share/Bookmark

ninja4hire

RankRank

Total Posts: 69

March 17, 2011, 04:50 AM

I was researching antioxidants and found this info (from wikipedia):

“Potential of antioxidant supplements to damage health

There is evidence that antioxidant supplements promote disease and increase mortality in humans.[81][82] It was previously proposed on a hypothetical basis that free radicals may induce an endogenous response culminating in more effective adaptations which protect against exogenous radicals (and possibly other toxic compounds).[83] Recent experimental evidence strongly suggests that this is indeed the case, and that such induction of endogenous free radical production extends the life span of Caenorhabditis elegans.[84] Most importantly, this induction of life span is prevented by antioxidants, providing direct evidence that toxic radicals may mitohormetically exert life extending and health promoting effects.[81][82]”

...So it looks as if antioxidants may actually suppress your bodies natural ability to produce its own antioxidants. Antioxidants do suppress disease and oxidation in our bodies, but the best antioxidants are those produced naturally by us.  I think someone once said “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.  I have temporarily stopped taking all of my antioxidants (green tea, etc) pending some more research on the topic.

I would be curious to see what Immortal thinks about this.

My Regimen:
400 Diode OMG helmet 20 min x 3 per week, super zix II w caffeine and emu oil 2x day, Regenepure Dr shampoo, pre laser topical (poly 80/acv/olive oil), Scalp exfoliation w/ face scrub.
Internals: n.o. shotgun (for workouts) fish oil omega 3s, DIM

IGNORE

Immortal Hair

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 120

# 1 ]

March 17, 2011, 03:28 PM

Wikpedia is notorious for publishing very misleading information about health.  The studies maybe factual, but they cannot be extrapolated from lower life forms to human physiology. 

The cause of all disease in humans is electron depletion. 

Even when Wikipedia is corrected, they continue to re-edit the information back to the original statements.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/consultation.htm

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.