Ps80/Ethyl alcohol

Share/Bookmark

pierre

RankRank

Total Posts: 68

March 18, 2011, 01:48 PM

I would like to know the concentration I have to use for the the ps80/ethyl mix :

1°) Ethyl alcohol should be 90% or less in this mix ?
2°) Do you think ethyl alcohol can damage hair in the long run ?

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 1 ]

March 19, 2011, 12:44 AM

I mix it 50/50.  Been using it for over forty years, which I would say qualifies as “the long run”, and it has not damaged my hair…

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

# 2 ]

March 19, 2011, 04:09 AM

What is the alcohol concentration that you use in ?

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

# 3 ]

March 19, 2011, 03:21 PM

I use the standard over the counter alcohol available at most drugstores.  It’s 70% concentration…

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

# 4 ]

March 19, 2011, 03:27 PM

I use 90% concentration, is this too high ?

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

# 5 ]

March 19, 2011, 03:30 PM

No, you should be fine…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 6 ]

March 22, 2011, 05:08 PM

WOW!  Those are fantastic prices!  I’m going to get a gallon the next time I order (which will probaly be six months or longer) and it’ll probably last me the rest of my life!

Kudos should be given to Rosariorose9, by the way!  He is indeed the person that brought polysorbate 80/ethyl alcohol to the forum world’s attention way back four or five years ago at hairlosshelp! 

You know…  I think I was probably the only other REAL POSTER at hairlosshelp at that time -which would completely explain why I’m the only one that actually TRIED IT and didn’t either completely shun the information or argue with you about it!  I wish I was joking when I said that.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

# 7 ]

March 23, 2011, 01:55 PM

Thanks for the kudos, OMG! grin 

You know, I got in a bit of a ‘dust up’ with forum member Bryan on the PS 80 issue.  He took the position that PS 80 was no more effective in removing sebum from the follicle than was any shampoo - and he supported that contention by arguing that ‘sebum strips’ showed an equal absence of sebum after the use of plain old shampoo.  What I then pointed out to Bryan, however, was that sebum strips only showed the presence/absence of sebum on the scalp - NOT deep within the follicle.  And that’s where PS 80 excels - a fact which was proven to me based on the removal and examination of my hairs by a trichologist.  After shampoo, the bulbs of my hair still showed sebum, but after PS 80 the bulbs were (much to the surprise of the trichologist) sebum free.  Bryan did not respond to that!

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 8 ]

March 23, 2011, 02:05 PM

Yes, I remember that well!  I also remember that, in general, that particular poster is one of the biggest hair loss fourm CYBERBULLIES in history, and certainly not what I would consider a legitimate hair loss forum poster!

I’m telling you… even though other people were posting in that thread, I think we were the only two flesh and blood humans that were interested in fighting hair loss -as with many threads at that particular site!  Ugh.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.