Inspecting laser diodes on helmet

Share/Bookmark

ninja4hire

RankRank

Total Posts: 69

March 20, 2011, 03:49 AM

Hey I just noticed that one of my diodes went out.  I want to inspect the rest of the diodes on the helmet but do not want to damage my eyes by staring into the lasers.  Does anyone know of a safe way to do this?

My Regimen:
400 Diode OMG helmet 20 min x 3 per week, super zix II w caffeine and emu oil 2x day, Regenepure Dr shampoo, pre laser topical (poly 80/acv/olive oil), Scalp exfoliation w/ face scrub.
Internals: n.o. shotgun (for workouts) fish oil omega 3s, DIM

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 1 ]

March 20, 2011, 04:47 PM

I use these…

http://cgi.ebay.com/Protection-Safety-Glasses-Goggles-650nm-Red-Laser-/220440029799?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33533fea67

Not cheap ($35 after freight), but they definitely do the job…

IGNORE

ninja4hire

RankRank

# 2 ]

March 21, 2011, 04:19 AM

Great info. THX

My Regimen:
400 Diode OMG helmet 20 min x 3 per week, super zix II w caffeine and emu oil 2x day, Regenepure Dr shampoo, pre laser topical (poly 80/acv/olive oil), Scalp exfoliation w/ face scrub.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 3 ]

March 21, 2011, 12:28 PM

I have those same goggles.  These diodes won’t permanently damage your eyes, though, and I haven’t actually put those goggles on my head in months.

The diodes I use are old class IIIA and new class 3R, and here is my blank Declaration of Conformity form for EU countries:

CE-declaration-of-conformity.jpg

I covered up my contact info because I don’t need spammers calling me on my cell phone!  Anyway, in layman’s terms, it’s basically really hard to hurt yourself with these diodes (especially with the lens caps removed) without a magnifying lens.  I’m sure it’s possible, but it’s really, really hard to do it.

As you can imagine, I have to stare into these helmets every day, and IN FACT (and I know I’m going to get in trouble here) my vision -after a slow decline since I was 15 years old- has IMPROVED TWO YEARS IN A ROW.  That’s right… I’ve needed weaker contact prescriptions two consecutive years.  How long have I been building laser helmets? lol…  over two years.  This is documented at my local Vision Center!

No, so don’t go staring into your laser helmet to improve vision -that’s stupid- but it’s actually been documented before in both rats and people that LLLT improves vision.

Here is one study about mascular degeneration (using near-infrared, so once again, don’t go staring into your laser helmet trying to improve your eyes):

Low-level laser therapy improves vision in patients with age-related macular degeneration.
Ivandic BT, Ivandic T.

University of Heidelberg, Otto-Meyerhof Centre, Heidelberg. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Abstract
OBJECTIVE: The objective of this study of a case series was to examine the effects of low-level laser therapy (LLLT) in patients with age-related macular degeneration (AMD).

BACKGROUND DATA: AMD affects a large proportion of the elderly population; current therapeutic options for AMD are limited, however.

PATIENTS AND METHODS: In total, 203 patients (90 men and 113 women; mean age 63.4 +/- 5.3 y) with beginning (“dry”) or advanced (“wet”) forms of AMD (n = 348 eyes) were included in the study. One hundred ninety-three patients (mean age 64.6 +/- 4.3 y; n = 328 eyes) with cataracts (n = 182 eyes) or without cataracts (n = 146 eyes) were treated using LLLT four times (twice per week). A semiconductor laser diode (780 nm, 7.5 mW, 292 Hz, continuous emission) was used for transconjunctival irradiation of the macula for 40 sec (0.3 J/cm2) resulting in a total dose of 1.2 J/cm2. Ten patients (n = 20 eyes) with AMD received mock treatment and served as controls. Visual acuity was measured at each visit. Data were analyzed retrospectively using a t-test.

RESULTS: LLLT significantly improved visual acuity (p

< 0.00001 versus baseline) in 162/182 (95%) of eyes with cataracts and 142/146 (97%) of eyes without cataracts. The prevalence of metamorphopsia, scotoma, and dyschromatopsia was reduced. In patients with wet AMD, edema and bleeding improved. The improved vision was maintained for 3-36 mo after treatment. Visual acuity in the control group remained unchanged. No adverse effects were observed in those undergoing therapy.

CONCLUSION: In patients with AMD, LLLT significantly improved visual acuity without adverse side effects and may thus help to prevent loss of vision.

There are more studies but that’s besides the point.  The point is that it’s pretty safe to take quick glances at your laser helmet to search for burnt out diodes, and even if you stare at it enough to make your eyes sore, it’s not going to cause permanent damage.

You are MORE THAN WELCOME to be absolutely as safe as you want to be about this, though!  Get the goggles!  Watch “Star Wars” with them, too… Darth Vader has a blue lightsaber when you are wearing them.

WARNING:  OTHER LASER DEVICES MAY USE DIODES THAT ABSOLUTELY WILL HARM YOUR EYES.  MINE DOESN’T, BUT OTHER DEVICS CAN!!!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

ninja4hire

RankRank

# 4 ]

March 28, 2011, 12:21 AM

OMG…how many times have you seen Star Wars?!!

My Regimen:

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

# 5 ]

March 28, 2011, 12:44 AM

ninja4hire - March 28, 2011, 12:21 AM

OMG…how many times have you seen Star Wars?!!

LOL!!!

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 6 ]

March 28, 2011, 01:13 PM

dark-side-of-the-toast.jpg

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

# 7 ]

March 28, 2011, 05:00 PM

^^^^^

Now THAT’S funny!!!  LOL

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.