laser scar removal laser

Share/Bookmark

fullyloaded

RankRank

Total Posts: 35

March 21, 2011, 04:10 PM

hey
i was wondering if anyone has any idea what type of laser is used to remove scars and if so can you get it on aixiz?
thanks…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 1 ]

March 21, 2011, 06:11 PM

Hey, fullyloaded!

You can probably guess that as with pretty much anything, the success of scar reduction has a lot to do with how soon you start treating it after it happens (Duh!  I know, I have to say it, though!).

From what I’ve seen, there are many wavelengths that help scars.  Here is a PDF from the Journal and Clinical Laser Medicine and Surgery that’s based specifically on 511nm-577nm diodes (greenish to yellowish range) for the treatment of stretch marks and other skin scars:

Two-Year Follow-Up Results of Copper Bromide Laser Treatment of Striae

What’s good about this is that it actually gives some info not only about this treatment, but about other past scar treatment findings:

scar-study-blurb1.png

scar-study-blurb2.png

Excuse the pictures of the text here, but this damn PDF is LOCKED and I can’t cut and paste from it!  If someone knows how to brute force a PDF, please feel free to unlock this and send me a new copy.

Also, through this study you’ll see joules that fall into the familiar range for hair loss, and you’ll see in that paragraph right up above that extended use with 20 joules is BAD!  We, of course, knew this already, though.

You’ll see that pulsing was used with this experiment, too, and actually we have almost have that nailed but I don’t want to get into that just yet.  The lasers in other studies WERE NOT pulsed, so you’re still going to have an effect without it, and we (and I doubt they) really have no clue whether pulsing is more effective or not yet.

The hair loss lasers we have are ok at reducing scars, though.  The fit in the range, and I’ve noticed scar reduction on existing scars, and RADICAL REDUCTION with the transplant scar device I made.  Literally, you couldn’t find a trace of that through my hair after four to six months.  The key is just to make sure you get the right amount of energy -which can be difficult!  It’s tough to hold something into place for 20 minutes sometimes.

I personally think that it’s hard to KEEP lasers from working, so I think a lot of ranges will do the trick.  I’ll do some searching and I’ll have to send Dr. Maricle a text this week about something else, so I’ll see if he knows of a particular laser diode that is geared towards scar reduction and has proven to be better than our boring little 5mW miracles.

So where is the scar you are talking about?  How new is it?

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

fullyloaded

RankRank

Total Posts: 35

# 2 ]

March 21, 2011, 06:31 PM

hi omg
the scar is on my left hand and is about a year old and about 5” long. Also it is puffed out what i want is to get the puffiness of the scar down.
thanks

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 3 ]

March 22, 2011, 04:56 PM

I guess it comes down to TIME.  Any diode will probably do decent job, including just sticking it under a laser helmet -it’s just going to take many moons to do it because scar healing is slow.  Are you going to be able to site there and be one handed for 20 minutes a night, three times a week, for a long time??  It’s harder than it seems!

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.