Traveling with Hairloss

Share/Bookmark

I-Head

Rank

Total Posts: 19

March 25, 2011, 11:33 AM

I’m going overseas to travel for a few months… obviously i can’t take my whole bathroom cabinet with me and stick with my regime whilst travelling.

What are peoples thoughts on which “fundamentals” to take both topically and orally whilst travelling.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 1 ]

March 25, 2011, 06:07 PM

Hey, I-Head!

Man, that’s a tough question!  What are you using?  Are you using minox and/or propecia?  If so… both those things will definitely cause a shed if you stop them for a couple of months, but the good thing is that those are very portable things.

If you’re doing the whole Immortal regimen… that’s another situation and someone that knows more about it will help you.  If you are doing laser therapy, then I wouldn’t take that with you because it’d be a pain.  Quiting laser therapy for a few months won’t cause a shed -you just won’t get results (obviously) and you may lose some ground, but just depriving your mitochondria of extra energy won’t cause a shed.

The times I’ve gone on long trips, I’ve just decided that I’d quit everything and just deal with the consequences.  Of course, that was way, way back when I was in my mid-20’s before I actually had found anything that really WORKED for me, so I might have a different answer now.  Well, I have the arrogance now from success for over three years, so maybe I would just put everything on hold!  I don’t know… I don’t want to travel for that long again though to find out.  I’m getting old I guess! lol…

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

buddyebsen

Rank

Total Posts: 4

# 2 ]

March 25, 2011, 07:47 PM

I take several 3 week trips per year and I use a lot of topicals.  Remember, the airlines allow you to take as many 100 ml (3.4 oz) bottles that you can fit into one 1 quart plastic bag and I take this to the limit.  Use the smallest bottles you can; thin bottles are best, and take the droppers off the top for more room.  I take minox, and niz (in a small tube), hair muck.  Tiny shampoos in my own bottles.  I use Polysorbate 80 and take a small amount of it undiluted and then add water to it later; I carry a larger empty bottle in my regular luggage for this.  Even with toothpaste in there, you’ll be suprised that you can make it all fit; I’ve never had a problem.  Like OMG, I also don’t worry about the laser helmet during the trip.

IGNORE

I-Head

Rank

# 3 ]

March 25, 2011, 09:26 PM

Thanks guys, appreciated!

Briefly, my current regime includes salmon oil, B-complex vitamin, H&N supplement, calcium/magnesium, powdered super green supps (i take this in place of a multi-v, ask if you want details on this) and heaps of herbal tea (predominately green, like its going out of fashion). The best thing i’ve done recently is jump off fin. (proscar) orally.

Topically i use 6% minox with fin twice daily, spiro twice daily and hair-signals once per day in between the other topicals.

i’m using my current regime till i run out of my supply. i’ve accumulated a fair whack of minox and other stuff recently. once it’s all gone, and i’ve come back from my trip, my regime will alter dramatically. (i’m planning anyway)

So i was just thinking of bringing a vial of minox, one of spiro, a good daily multi-v and perhaps some fish oil and B-vitamins. and just applying once per day. i’m thinking of jumping on the superzix band wagon pretty soon, so may take that instead of minox if i do… (thoughts)

i’m trying to keep a fairly strict regime before i go, then use the basics o.s. (as mentioned) i don’t think too much detriment will come to my head in the 2 months i’m away. Although, all the drinking and sleepless nights may suggest differently…

Cheers Guys!

IGNORE

J87

RankRank

Total Posts: 75

# 4 ]

March 28, 2011, 03:21 PM

Great topic. Personally I would take an anti-inflammatory topical (hydrocortisone, or idoide/l-lysine topical) incase I start itching, an anti-androgen (nizoral cream and/or zix), and a good shampoo. I don’t use minox anymore. Internally it depends on what you’re going to be doing. If you are going to be eating a lot of bad food/carbs/sugar, take ALA+ALC to counter act the negative affects. If you’re going to be drinking, take NAC and taurine with you. Taurine is a must for energy, it works better than caffeine for me and has other benefits. I would also take curcumin+resveratrol since it seems to be one of the most effective treatments for fighting hairloss with several mechanisms. As for other vitamins and fatty acids, I don’t think it is that important if you try to eat healthy and get it from food. If you wont be getting sunlight, you may want to take vitamin d with you.

IGNORE

I-Head

Rank

# 5 ]

May 30, 2011, 07:19 AM

Thanks J87, you’ll have to forward me some links to some of the items you’ve mentioned.

i’ve pretty much decided i’ll be bringing a bottle of minox. and either hair-signals and/or spiro cream and i’ll grab some good herbal shampoo. as for internals, a good multi-v and maybe a vit. B or a good hair/skin/nails supp.

i’m only gone for 2 months, and i’ll be going hack at hair-loss on my return with a new regime. so theres no huge benefit to alter anything now.

i’ll be leaving Melbourne’s shitty winter for europe’s and the u.s.a’s hot hot summer… can’t f#$king wait!

IGNORE

J87

RankRank

Total Posts: 75

# 6 ]

May 30, 2011, 11:06 AM

Hey l-Head, here are some links:
If you have noticeable scalp inflammation (if not, these might not be important):
http://www.amazon.com/Scalpicin-Maximum-Strength-Liquid-Treatment/dp/B000095SDS (don’t use every day, it is hydrocortisone liquid)

Mix a few drops of Lugol’s iodine in water, add a tiny pinch of ascorbic acid (vitamin c) to turn clear, mix one capsule or so of l-lysine with and spray on your scalp. You can find everything on iherb or other stores.

Here is more info about the other suppplements: http://www.immortalhair.org/mycurrentregimen.htm

For a multivitamin I reccomend this, it has natural forms of b vitamins: http://www.iherb.com/MegaFood-DailyFoods-One-Daily-Iron-Free-90-Tablets/4014?at=hil335

IGNORE

I-Head

Rank

# 7 ]

June 01, 2011, 09:12 AM

Awesome! thanks mate!

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.