polysorbate 80 product

Share/Bookmark

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

March 27, 2011, 07:16 AM

http://www.puritan.com/health-beauty-070/polysorbate-80-with-biotin-niacin-005051?scid=3763&cm_mmc=GoogleProducts-_-Health and Beauty-_-polysorbate-80-with-biotin-niacin-_-005051

has anyone heard of or tried this product?

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 1 ]

March 27, 2011, 11:51 AM

well, hopefully it’s good. I just ordered 5 bottles for $30 with shipping and tax,  (8 oz each, total of 40oz)

It seems like that should last a long time

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 2 ]

March 27, 2011, 12:32 PM

Yeah, I’ve used that exact brand before!  I like the retro lettering.  I think biotin and niacin is in about half the polysorbate products out there (if not all), and I can’t tell the difference between the brands that say they have it and the brands that say they don’t.

I’m not sure which brand I’m using now because they last so long -my three bottles I got last time have already lasted well over a year.  It might actually be from that puritan site, but maybe the bottles are all white now.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 3 ]

March 27, 2011, 02:34 PM

By the way, from the site:

and when combined with Oleic acid, POLYSORBATE 80 loosens dry skin

I’ve never tried it with Oleic acid, or even heard of that before. So, we might as well try this!  Maybe it’s doing exactly what the ethyl alcohol is doing and only thinning it out and adding to the penetration.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 4 ]

March 27, 2011, 02:42 PM

Ah!  Thank you wikipedia… Virgin olive oil is pretty much oleic acid. Well, we all know it has positive effects on the scalp and hair.  I never really liked putting virgin olive oil on my head, but I never mixed it with a lot of polysorbate 80 either. It always left my hair really flat.

Maybe I’ll do a test soon. Yeah [sigh]... I suppose I can make myself take a shower.

With lllt, though, I really think the ethyl alcohol is what we want as an additive-not something oily.  Once again, just thinking outloud, though!

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 5 ]

March 27, 2011, 04:52 PM

Ok, so here are my initial thoughts with polysorbate 80 mixed with extra virgin olive oil…

I mixed it 50/50 ,and I massaged it in and left it on for about half an hour -maybe closer to one hour.  The good thing is that you can really massage this stuff in, and I know that the more you rub in polysorbate 80, the more you are better off.

It is really greasy, and I can’t stand wearing really greasy things on my head for too long, but I guess it wasn’t too bad.  It was better than emu oil -which I frankly can’t tolerate anymore because it’s just so damn greasy!

I actually felt, though, like it was a little “boring”.  I suppose I’m used to the “bite” that the ethyl alcohol and/or the bromelain gives.  So, what I did was I put just a little bit (not much) of Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar in it.  Yeah, I think YOU especially know why that was on my mind -and sometimes even a jaw-dropping, ridiculously arrogant hair loss forum cyberbully at another site childishly and ignorantly dismissing things that have merit can remind you of something that is pretty helpful that you’ve forgotten about. [...and that childish shit is EXACTLY the crap that I cleaned up years ago -there is no place for it in fighting hair loss, and it’s not ever going to happen here.]

So, with the AVC, I actually liked it better -if for no other reason than I simply like the sensation (although the benefits of AVC have been well documented for eons, and my old site used to have that info storehoused).

Anyway, I was worried that the mixture wouldn’t wash out well because it’s so greasy, but the polysorbate 80 helped it to wash out pretty good.  My hair is still wet and I’m using my laser helmet as I type this, and I do feel quite a bit of stimulation so I do think it was pretty effective at what it does.  In fact… I arguably feel A LOT of stimulation right now, but that could be for some other reasons, too, so I need more tests.

Just to reiterate why I’ve been causually searching for something other than ethyl alcohol… I grow my hair long now.  I think the flowbee setting for the top of my head is about five inches.  When I kept my hair shorter, it wasn’t a problem, but when you put a lot of alcohol on your head and leave it on for a long time, once your hair starts getting to that forth or fifth inch, it can be a tad bit more damaged than I like it.  Not TOO DAMAGED, but remember… I like thick, smooth, strong laser hair, and I want to stay away from things that can change that!

So, I don’t know how my hair will be when it dries today, but if it’s ok and not overly conditioned looking from the olive oil additive… this may be how I mix the polysorbate 80 for at least the next few weeks or so.  If there is going to be an oily buildup, it might be a couple of times before it really shows up, so maybe I’ll have something to report later this week.

If you’re looking for a great way to do an extended massaging session with poly 80, though… look no further!  I’d reckon about any oil would do -but I know olive oil has benefits and I know that some LASER CLINICS use it, so why not.

-O.M.G.

PS…

This was my post number 666!  MUHAHAHAHA!

diablerouge.gif  diablerougefourche.gif  diablo4.gif  diablotin.gif  flammesenfer.gif

post666.png

fork_off.gif  madfire.gif  mort1.gif  nanere2.gif  rabbin.gif

Stay young, people…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 6 ]

April 01, 2011, 11:48 AM

I realize I’m talking to myself here, but after three uses I still think that the olive oil/poly 80 mix is pretty decent.  I do get great stimulation, and I actually got “dandruff” -I had a lot of dry skin flake off!  So, once again repeating from the website:

and when combined with Oleic acid, POLYSORBATE 80 loosens dry skin

...MAYBE that’s what went on here.

Anyway, I’ll keep with it until the bottle runs out, and I’ll put a link in the comments of my polysorbate 80/bromelain article to this thread.

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

Total Posts: 68

# 7 ]

April 01, 2011, 12:06 PM

So what should be best as a pre topical ?

Poly80/ethyl
Clays
Poly80/olive oil
Bromelain ?

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 8 ]

April 01, 2011, 12:18 PM

The more and more I look into it and see what people are saying, the more I think clays should only be used VERY occasionally.  Like once or twice a month.  Maybe that’s wrong, but there sure are a lot of dry scalps going on.  I use reynolds wrap over my head when I do it, and that is probably what EVERYONE should be doing with it.  No, it probably doesn’t remove quite as much, but it doesn’t dry out and leaves your scalp pretty moist.

As far as the question about whether you should chose ethyl alcohol, extra virgin olive oil, or add the bromelain to it -I have no idea yet!  At least the olive oil can be used as a pretty decent replacement for ethyl, which is a big deal since the rest of the world has a tough time gettng their hands on it.

Try them all… I’m just trying to get some initial interest going so more of us can try it.  That way maybe one day we’ll actually know for sure!

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

# 9 ]

April 01, 2011, 12:21 PM

but why olive oil, this isn’t penetrant as alcohol, so what’s is good with olive oil ?

btw I agree with you about clays it is too overdrying the scalp and so the hair too.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 10 ]

April 01, 2011, 12:23 PM

...because an anonymous website from who-knows-who that was selling polysorbate 80 told me to!  lol…  I tried it and it seems really good!  It’s as simple as that!

IGNORE

NDFAN

RankRank

Total Posts: 28

# 11 ]

April 02, 2011, 07:31 PM

Hey John,
I came across this oil and it appears to have beneficial health benefits internally and topically. Its not well known but its similar to other more expensive oils at a lower cost. It has a nutty taste to it and its not as thick as virgin olive oil.

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/oilprofile/camelina.php

I will try mixing it with the polysorbate 80. Keep up the great work my friend!

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

# 12 ]

April 03, 2011, 07:08 AM

1°) So how do you mix it this new pre-topical ?

50% Ps80
50% Olive oil

2°) Could it be effective to add some alcohol to make it more penetrant ?

IGNORE

Corleone

Rank

Total Posts: 8

# 13 ]

May 02, 2011, 09:23 AM

Polysorbate 80 is definitely a dark horse topical treatment!  Starting using it a few weeks ago and was expecting marginal results, but have seen a real increase in thickness.  Haven’t seen this dramatic of an improvement in my hair since I originally started laser hair treatment 5+ years ago (although my use of laser treatment hasn’t been continuous over 5 years).  Very interested to see continued results – really hoping it continues.  I used the product at the top of this link.

Is it just me or have other people had such solid results?  Also, what’s your input on frequency of usage?  I’ve been using it mostly every day.  Only downside I’ve seen to the product is it seems to dry out my hair quite a bit.

Current regimen:
IH Top 8, daily
Rogaine Foam, 2x/day
Laser Helmet, 3x/week
Nizoral, 3x/week
Revivogen Shampoo/Conditioner, daily
And now…Polysorbate 80, 4-5x/week

IGNORE

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 108

# 14 ]

May 05, 2011, 11:44 PM

i use it but unfortunately i havent seen a change. it has only been maybe a solid month and prior to that i only used it a few times a week. i now use it one time daily leaving it on fro anywhere between 15 minutes to 45.

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 15 ]

May 13, 2011, 12:49 AM

YMMV - but for me, and I realise I am unusual in being so chemically sensitive, the Polysorbate route was unsuccessful (for me so far). I tried it once and still have a thin patch where I applied it. And I went with Poly 20 as I knew the 80 was too strong for me. All I can summize from a variety of testing approaches is that I sometimes suffer from excess sebum and oil and the poly 80 - despite the proposed drying effect - had the opposite effect. Weird I know… I’m ind of scared of it now, rightly or wrongly.

What cleared up the sebum for me was eliminating cooked oil and sugar from my diet, but cooked meats brings it back sometimes. I’m still working through it all. I made great progress then went back in March and April when I came off the food.

I know that it has been said before but I really agree with Action Reaction that FOOD and gentle chelation is absolulutely imperative to successful progress. Then of course supps from IH & Nid are very good, and Laser will either (worst case) slow down loss or help grow it back depending on how far along, IMHO, you are on the food is right for you, continuum…

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.