What is the board’s consensus on the supergrow laser ?

Share/Bookmark

HopeforHair

RankRank

Total Posts: 29

April 04, 2011, 04:18 AM

is it worh anything or a scam?They have developed a helmet and the price is 659 dollars…...

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 1 ]

April 05, 2011, 06:00 AM

This device uses 650nm 5mW diodes. Those are the same spec diodes most people here are using. 60 diodes is about $175
bucks worth. This device may work but 1) its not going to give you very good coverage and 2) youre paying a huge markup.
I would suggest taking that $660 dollars and either build your own, or have someone like OMG build a helmet for you. 

Not recommended.

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 2 ]

April 05, 2011, 04:35 PM

I will say this seeing as how I own one from this company…. 

on the one hand, it is a well made product. Coverage is very good.  A laser comb has been shown to help fight hair loss so I don’t completely buy the argument that it’s an underpowered device.  My device is a laser stand with 80 lasers, (same compnay and same price)and I feel plenty of stimulation when I use it. 

on the other hand,  building your own is going to make your dollars go a lot further or make your final product cost a lot less.  If you’re handy and willing to take on the task I would build your own.  I didn’t want to buy all the supplies and go threw the hassle of putting it together.  For some people doing it on their own is more important than even saving money, but in my case I choose to buy one and i certainly don’t regret it.

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

# 3 ]

April 05, 2011, 05:15 PM

mj, this is a forum created by guys who preach 3 things: COVERAGE, COVERAGE, COVERAGE.

HopeforHair, if you want to regrow a few hairs then buy that toy for $660 bucks. If you want maximum results you’re gonna need more power unless you wanna sit under this thing all day. I am new to this forum, and not a “veteran” or expert but this is obvious to me.

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 4 ]

April 07, 2011, 10:26 PM

NDW, I agree that the 500 diode helmets are a better option…if you’re up for the challenge of building your own it is the better way to go.  But if you’re not, or you do not have a thousand dollars to spend, or are just lazy and looking for convenience, this company creates a well made aesthetically pleasing product. I have seen results from mine and can attest that it works…though mine has 80 lasers not 60 and is a laser stand not a laser hood.  I’ve had it for over a year and a half now and have had absolutely zero problems with it.  When I use it routinely I definitely notice an improvement in my hair.

As per the question, they are most definitely not a scam.  But yes, building your own may be a better option for most people.

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

DM5

RankRank

Total Posts: 198

# 5 ]

April 07, 2011, 11:09 PM

For that money you could build your own and get more coverage.  And building is a very satisfying experience…..............plus the knowledge comes in handy if you ever have to troubleshoot diodes or your rig won’t light.  Or have it built for you.  Whatever the case the Messiah will be your best device.

“A door within the fire creaks, suddenly flies open and a girl is standing there.  Eyes alight with glowing hair all that fancy paints as fair, she takes her fan and throws it in the Lion’s Den.”

Terrapin Station
The Grateful Dead

Put your lights on
Carlos Santana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdEl8OlQlLc&featur;

IGNORE

HopeforHair

RankRank

Total Posts: 29

# 6 ]

April 08, 2011, 11:07 AM

I’m already sold on buying one from OMG—400 diodes, full power, full coverage. Just been wondering about the difference etc. Actually I’m just waiting for OMG to give me the precise prize+ shipping. I’m very excited to start this treatment and hope everythin works out fine.Just waiting for OMG.

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

# 7 ]

April 09, 2011, 09:49 AM

One difference is that a helmet has bristles which will allow the laser light to get to your scalp easier where its needed.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.