Laser Helmet Usage Frequency

Share/Bookmark

ninja4hire

RankRank

Total Posts: 69

April 08, 2011, 03:38 AM

How many times a week/minutes per week are you guys using your laser helmets?  I am torn between doing 20 min three times a week or 20 min every other day.

My Regimen:
400 Diode OMG helmet 20 min x 3 per week, super zix II w caffeine and emu oil 2x day, Regenepure Dr shampoo, pre laser topical (poly 80/acv/olive oil), Scalp exfoliation w/ face scrub.
Internals: n.o. shotgun (for workouts) fish oil omega 3s, DIM

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 1 ]

April 09, 2011, 12:14 PM

The several hundred diode units like yours do not need as much time as devices like mine.  I go every other day and I’m upping it to 30 min. every other day.  But I only have 80 diodes.  For you,  3x a week at 20 min is the norm, and if I remember right, over exposing your scalp at the joules you’re providing will not lead to more gains.

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

# 2 ]

April 09, 2011, 12:19 PM

how is that super pump 250 working for you?  Does it keep you up at night?

IGNORE

ninja4hire

RankRank

# 3 ]

April 09, 2011, 03:20 PM

Its good stuff, helps a lot with the work outs, but it does keep me up if I have it after 6pm.  Its like drinking a red bull.  I have cycled off it, and after a few more weeks I am switching to N.O. Shotgun.

My Regimen:
400 Diode OMG helmet 20 min x 3 per week, super zix II w caffeine and emu oil 2x day, Regenepure Dr shampoo, pre laser topical (poly 80/acv/olive oil), Scalp exfoliation w/ face scrub.

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

# 4 ]

April 22, 2011, 11:56 AM

I used some things from iforce nutrition for a while which worked great at putting on lean muscle….but after several months I found that I was developing a short temper that was getting harder and harder to control….especially at work.  At first I liked the changes because i started speaking up more, but later it changed to more of an aggressive nature of not taking any shit from anyone which is an attitude that does not belong at work.  Once I quite taking the supps the aggressiveness left in a week so I know they were the culprit.

I’ve been leary to try something new, but I miss the edge that good supps give you in the gym.

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

# 5 ]

April 22, 2011, 11:59 AM

I’m about to start p90x again…I’ve done it in the past to good results, but this time I want to take it up a notch and I may try the super pump 250 since I’ll be working out in the morning.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 6 ]

April 23, 2011, 02:28 PM

I have about a 366 diode helmet.  I do it twice a week at 25 to 28 minutes a session.

IGNORE

ninja4hire

RankRank

# 7 ]

April 23, 2011, 02:57 PM

Great, so it seems that 20 min 3x a week like I’m doing is the norm.  I’ll just continue that. 

MJ:  I think you will like the super pump.  It really helps you through your workout and cuts down on fat.  I think the aggressiveness was caused by pro hormones, if that’s what you were taking.  They promote testosterone increase but can have bad side effects. The super pump is just a stimulant and muscle support supplement.

My Regimen:

IGNORE

J87

RankRank

Total Posts: 75

# 8 ]

April 23, 2011, 04:29 PM

Lapwing - April 23, 2011, 02:28 PM

I have about a 366 diode helmet.  I do it twice a week at 25 to 28 minutes a session.

Have you seen better results doing this?

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 9 ]

April 23, 2011, 05:41 PM

J87,

I think I get better results with twice a week for longer times than I got for 3x20min a week.  Plus I have a hard time doing it 3 times a week month in month out.  I can always get twice in with no problem.  Ideally I like to do oil scalp treatment first then shampoo out and then lllt at night and the next morning do a caffeine shampoo.  That produces the best results for me.

IGNORE

ninja4hire

RankRank

# 10 ]

April 27, 2011, 02:37 AM

Its too bad that there is no exact science for this, and that we have to just guess at it.  I have had great results in a short time with 3x 20 a week and wonder if they would be better w 2x30 a week.  I guess we will be the guinea pigs for future LLLT users

My Regimen:

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 11 ]

April 27, 2011, 08:34 PM

I thought there was some discussion a while back on hair color and lllt usage frequency.  Does anyone know if there was definitive answer to this question?  That is, what is the optimum frequency and time for say blonde, brown and black hair.

For starters: OMG’s hair is brown and he does best on 3x20min.  My hair is black and I seem to do best on 2x28min.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 12 ]

April 28, 2011, 02:02 AM

OK I found an old OMG quote about hair color that I am pasting here (I took the liberty to condense it):

“It’s still 20 minutes, three times a week ...

....As far as hair colors and skin complexion, there is negligible difference in the tiny amount of energy we use for hair growth. The reason for what seems like higher success with darker hair, etc., is because you can see the results better, and it’s as simple as that. If we are talking about HAIR REMOVAL… the amount of difference something like dark skin could make adds up a little more, but not for the levels we are talking about here.

There was an old thread about a few blonde hair users not getting results at that old, fraud forum where we used to post. One thing I think I remember were that a few of the few blonde people with less than average results also for some odd reason were also using minox, and while they were eager to assume that the reason they weren’t getting results had to do with something unsubstantiated about their hair color, they wouldn’t really listen to the fact that MINOX -a harsh chemical known to miniaturize hair and cause relentless shedding- could be actually to blame. Anyway, that’s just a side note, but you get my point!

-John (O.M.G.)”

Supposedly 3x20min is the gold standard.  You probably can’t go wrong with that.

IGNORE

J87

RankRank

Total Posts: 75

# 13 ]

April 28, 2011, 04:42 PM

Does anyone feel more sore when going past 20 mins? Maybe try it for 30 mins and see if your scalp feels any different. Still not sure if soreness or “stimulation” feeling is a good gauge to tell if it is working better or not though.

I have a very shiny scalp, wetherI clean it, use scalp peels/clay etc. I wonder how much of the laser light is actually reflected because of this?

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

# 14 ]

April 28, 2011, 05:08 PM

I get more soreness past 20 minutes.  I definitely feel it more.  At 20 minutes I hardly feel it.  Some say the soreness is good, some say it is not.  I think some “soreness” is good.  And it is funny that the soreness seems to be concentrated mostly in my thin areas, but that may be due to the fact that there is less hair there to block the laser photons.  I also get a similar soreness feeling from my caffeine shampoo, which also concentrates more in my thinning area. 

I don’t have a shiny scalp, plus I keep my hair long.  So I probably lose a lot of laser light by my hair blocking it as opposed to scalp reflection.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.