Interesting article about sunlight and how it may relate to lasers

Share/Bookmark

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

April 11, 2011, 08:28 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/eu_netherlands_sunless_farming

Basically it is about growing food but only using blue and RED LED light. Apparently there are only a few wavelengths of sunlight that are good for plants and the rest of the wavelengths are bad!

Does this relate to why Lasers grow hair?

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 1 ]

April 11, 2011, 11:52 PM

Its similar in that these scientist are giving the plants only what they need to grow. Plants are most sensitive to blue light,(around 440nm), and red light (around 660nm). They are taking out all the other light and giving them concentrated light of these spectrums. In between these two is the green spectrum which plants are least sensitive to. Plants are green because most of this spectrum is reflected instead of being absorbed.

This is exactly what we are doing… kinda. The sun emits 650nm light, the SAME EXACT light that AiXiZ diodes emit, its just not concentrated, or “coherent.”  Like the plants, we’re basically giving our scalps specific, concentrated light.

Our scalps cannot absorb enough red light from the sun to regrow hair, just like plants do not grow well under regular incandescent lights. Perhaps there are other wavelengths that are beneficial to hair as well that work under different mechanisms than the red light.

Idk if this is making any sense im kinda tired.

IGNORE

gcdante

RankRank

Total Posts: 26

# 2 ]

April 14, 2011, 10:57 AM

I should say that as a person who worked in optics labs for years, that when I talk about people using 800nm+ wavelengths for hair loss, my friends in cancer research laugh and send me tons of references on how many wavelengths of light above that threshold are mutagenic and carcinogenic.

So make sure do to your research.

IGNORE

gcdante

RankRank

Total Posts: 26

# 3 ]

April 14, 2011, 10:58 AM

I should say that as a person who worked in optics labs for years, that when I talk about people using 800nm+ wavelengths for hair loss, my friends in cancer research laugh and send me tons of references on how many wavelengths of light above that threshold are mutagenic and carcinogenic.

So make sure do to your research.

IGNORE

HopeforHair

RankRank

Total Posts: 29

# 4 ]

April 16, 2011, 06:44 AM

@gcdante: but you are specifically talking about wavelengths ABOVE 800 right? Not the usual 650 wavelength right?

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.