Follicle pictures

Share/Bookmark

jads

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

April 13, 2011, 05:38 AM

For anyone that is interested, here’s a picture of what DHT looks like in a hair follicle at several hundred times magnification. All DHT affected follicles have a brownish stain around the base. 

The next one is healthy follicles and lastly follicles affected with hardened sebum build up.

Image Attachments  Picture 015.jpgPicture 014.jpgPicture 012.jpg

IGNORE

LegendaryReturn

Rank

Total Posts: 8

# 1 ]

April 14, 2011, 07:34 AM

I dont think that’s DHT jads…
Looks to me like some kind of inflammation/parasite-candida-fungal infestation or perheps demodex

DHT is beneath the surface, you cant see it or it’s affect
Perheps JDP or IH could tell us

IGNORE

Scalp Skin Lady

RankRank

Total Posts: 63

# 2 ]

August 21, 2011, 11:20 AM

Hi Jads, 

The scalp when in optimal health has a natural undertone.  It should not appear oily, waxy, flaky, dull or white.  Healthy follicles have a minimum of 2 hairs per follicle.  The redness in the last picture could be broken capillaries or veins but there is definitely inflammation.

What your seeing in the first picture is a sebum clog (like a black head) filling the follicle sack the hair grows out of.  Notice how miniaturized that hair is as opposed to the others.  There’s no room for growth.  DHT can be treated topically, but I think internally as well since DHT is in the blood stream and feeds the hair from the hair bulb.  I bet if extracted, we’d find a huge sebum mass beneath the surface.  Eventually the hair will be too weak to penetrate the clog, the follicle goes dormant, then eventually dies.  A normal hair follicle should appear like a rope thread though a hole.  No gel or Demodex tails at the opening.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.