Rapid thinning after LLLT

Share/Bookmark

dj_davo

Rank

Total Posts: 6

April 13, 2011, 06:55 AM

Hi guys, newbie here.

I’ve been using OMG’s 300 diode helmet for 4 weeks now - 3 days a week, 20 mins, after showering.  I’ve noticed a much more rapid thinning, plus an increase in grey hairs and a more flaky scalp - basically the opposite of everything I’m trying to achieve.

I appreciate that I have to give it months before I see any benefits, but is it normal to see such negatives, either at all, or at this early stage?

If it’s normal, then I will feel some reassurance, although I am getting a bit worried!

I was going to email John directly, but thought I’d throw it out into forum land for discussion grin

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 1 ]

April 13, 2011, 01:40 PM

Four weeks isn’t really long enough to notice anything with laser therapy so you probably need to look someplace else for the cause. Plus, an increase in gray hair and flakey scalp is the exact opposite of what LLLT would do -there is just no mechanism for it to be doing that.

What else have you been doing this past year?  Did you quit minox or propecia at some point?

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 2 ]

April 13, 2011, 01:54 PM

By the way, it very well could be that you simply have a tremendous amount of hair in telogen phase that’s ready to come out.  In MBP hair, there is a much greater ratio of hair in resting phase vs. growing phase.  Each person varies, and what sort of shedding you have from LLLT depends precisely on “where your hair is” when you start.  For results to happen, you pretty much HAVE to get that resting hair out (or rather, it’s a part of the process from switching hair back into growing mode -and growing out much thicker, younger looking hair).

If that’s the case, then this happening at four weeks is probably a good sign.  However, I’d still chalk it up to something else because most everyone doesn’t NOTICE anything from a time period as short as just March 16th to April 13th!  For goodness sakes, you’re an LLLT infant! smile  That’s just not enough time for change yet.

...And still no, nothing related to increasing gray hair or scalp flakiness.

One more thing, though… you need to stop looking in the mirror so soon.  You’re going to shoot yourself in the foot.  Just ask “Peachfuzz”: http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/forums/viewthread/551

-O.M.G.

PS-  I’m still a little under the weather and I’m slammed for the next week, so I’m probably not going to be around much!  Sorry if I don’t get back to you.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

Nidhogge

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 510

# 3 ]

April 13, 2011, 02:31 PM

Hey dj,

LLLT won’t have any significantly noticeable effect until at least 6 months in, all the way up to a year.  It’s a cellular-level treatment, and unlike topicals, won’t yield an immediate positive (or negative) result.  Just have to be patient and consistent to reap the benefits.  Meanwhile, our supplement line can help you with flaking and shedding as well as the shampoo and a good boar bristle brush used daily and firmly against the scalp prior to shower for exfoliation purposes.

Here is a link to the supplements:

http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t4310-immortal-hair-supplement-line-now-available-pricing-information 

IGNORE

dj_davo

Rank

Total Posts: 6

# 4 ]

April 13, 2011, 02:36 PM

Thanks for your reply John.  My girlfriend was just saying to stop looking in the mirror and not to focus on my thinning at the mo’ too lol!

I’ve never done propecia or anything like that - nizoral is as far as I’ve gone.  My hair is pretty thick and long everywhere apart from the thinning areas - in fact I’m in desperate need of a haircut.  The grey hair could be just because I have a lot of new growth at the mo’ and your explanation of the growth phase would seem to fit this.

I was aware that I may lose some before I grow some more, in fact you mentioned this to me before in an email… but when you see it happen… you get twitchy lol.

I’m sat with my laser messiah on now grin

p.s I’ve just ordered some GHT colloidal Silica - used it before a long time ago.  Gonna start on it again, see if I notice any improvement from it.  Any peeps use silica for their hair?  What experiences do you have?

Edit: Thanks Nidhogge, taking a look now wink

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.