Store Bought Clays

Share/Bookmark

halfempty

RankRank

Total Posts: 58

April 22, 2011, 06:11 AM

Hello everyone,

Has anyone had any success finding an already prepared store bought clay that works well for your scalp? I would prefer to avoid the hassle of making my own clay for this purpose. Thanks guys.

Halfempty

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 1 ]

April 22, 2011, 11:46 AM

I use scalpure and buy it from their website for that exact reason.  It’s a very good product and you don’t have to follow their instructions.  Just put it where you need it and wet your hair a little first.  You can make it last much longer this way.  Several people on this site have used it and as far as I know none of them have anything bad to say about the product itself, only that its cheaper to make your own.

https://www.scalpure.com

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

halfempty

RankRank

# 2 ]

April 22, 2011, 09:40 PM

Thank MJ, I will consider it. The only thing is that I did not see an ingredients list on the website. Do you know all of the ingredients? Thanks man.

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

# 3 ]

April 24, 2011, 07:51 AM

You’re right. The ingredients are hard to find now. They’re on the order page if you click on the product.  It’s a newer company and the owner keeps changing his website,prices, and product packaging to support his marketing plan.  Initially it was advertised as a hair loss product.  Then it started to catch on with non-hair loss suffers so he made the marketing more non-specific and changed the product packaging.

the ingredients are below:

Purified Spring Water, Calcium Bentonite, Japanese Honeysuckle Flower Extract, Peppermint Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Cedarwood Oil, Organic Sage Extract, Organic Burdock Root Extract, Manuka Oil, Jojoba Oil.

I’ve made my own formulas before but they have never come out as good as his recipe.  I’m not saying it cures hair loss but I believe it’s one of the best clay formula out there.

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

# 4 ]

April 24, 2011, 07:59 AM

he used to have a picture of a guy that had really thin hair and how it improved over time by using the product…but now any mention of hair loss is completely eradicated from his site.  The owner addressed this once in saying that specific claims of fighting hair loss hurt his sales from other users so he decided to just say “all hair types”.  Apparently his product sells very well in Dubai and among african americans in the states and any reference to hair loss hurt the credibility of his product…but as I said, he originally developed it to fight hair loss.

IGNORE

halfempty

RankRank

# 5 ]

April 27, 2011, 06:52 PM

Thanks MJ, you have been very helpful, I am going to give this product a try.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.