Multi vitamins are ‘useless’ according to new studies!

Share/Bookmark

jads

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

May 09, 2011, 06:15 PM

I’m on the soapbox because this makes me angry.  National TV this morning in Aussie, a Doctor making blanket statements that multis (and you’d assume vitamins in general) are a waste of money and in some cases, wait for it….. dangerous to your health.  Oh pppplease!  We have heard this infomercial again and again over the years since drug companies started taking over the world.

Where are these so called studies and more importantly, who funded them !!  It;s a good thing we’re not quite so gullible any more huh! 

GOOD quality vitamins and supplements are of enormous benefit - no more so than in the hair loss fight.

What she may have meant to say was that very cheap, bulk buy vitamins that aren’t very bioavailable ‘could’ be a waste of your money…..but of course that’s not what she said.

Just bad and irresponsible journalism for mine, sending confusing messages to ultimately the very people who could and do need the supplements the most !!!!

IGNORE

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 108

# 1 ]

May 10, 2011, 04:00 PM

even if there were studies they are always skewed. for example, i believe it was with vitamin e, that it was dangerous for you and it didnt do anything for heart disease, or something like that. turns out the participants were just a step above death

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

# 2 ]

May 10, 2011, 08:28 PM

Everyday I log on yahoo and find different health/ even hair related articles.  Essentially, your dealing with nothing more than meaningless headlines to get attention.  The media really thinks we are a bunch of idiots and they can post any old crap and we ll all read it and follow.  Remember, most of the stuff you read has little serious research behind it.

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 3 ]

May 11, 2011, 12:12 AM

I do agree that alot of synthetic multi-vitamins are pretty much useless. Vitamins are vital to life, its just this synthetic crap that these companies cook up thats garbage. I think everybody should be on either some sort of greens supplement or a supplement based on Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.