Azelaic acid inhibits melanin synthesis

Share/Bookmark

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

May 18, 2011, 11:08 PM

Azelaic acid inhibits melanin synthesis; wouldn’t this be bad for your hair color?  Too bad since it suppose to be good for hair loss.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

May 20, 2011, 06:44 PM

Hi Lapwing. First off the evidence that AA is good for MPB by itself is pretty thin. In fact there is preponernace of evidence to suggest it doesn’t do anything. We do have one invitro study however that shows when combined wth zinc and b-6 there was a 90% reduction in 5AR.

Yes it makes sense that AA would inhibit melanin production in skin. Those that use it as an acne cream are advised to stay out of the sun probably for this very reason.

Wouldn’t this be bad for your hair color?

When used with the zix formulas I advise not using more than 2.5%. At that dosage no one has ever complained it changed their hair color. Even 2.5% is probably overkill. 1% would probably work just as well.

I also have many people adding it to minoxidl at a concentration of 5% along with adding the Hair Muck. No one has yet to complain it changed their hair color either. But again I think adding AA to minox is a waste of time.

Sorry but I am a poor scientist and don’t have the studies handy showing AA doesn’t inhibit 5AR or DHT.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.