Evening primrose oil

Share/Bookmark

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

May 28, 2011, 12:48 AM

Has anybody tried Evening primrose oil orally?  It supposed to be good for your hair and thyroid.  On iherb the reviews are promising for hair loss.

IGNORE

J87

RankRank

Total Posts: 75

# 1 ]

May 28, 2011, 01:16 AM

I’ve been on 2-3 grams of pumpkin seed oil daily for the past few months and it’s almost completely eradicated my dry skin problem, which was surprising considering that 6+ grams of cod liver/fish oil has done nothing for me in the past. Primorose/borage/etc will probably do the same thing. http://healthyfixx.com/18/cure-dry-skin-naturally
Good for inflammation also. I’ll probably drop krill oil and just use pumpkin seed oil + astraxanthin. I’m sure it’s good for hair also, inhibits dht as a bonus.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 2 ]

May 28, 2011, 06:22 PM

I am taking Black Currant Oil right now.  EPO now that I look closer seems to be about the same of what I am already taking.  It may not benefit me to change.  I don’t have dry skin problems.  I recently added astaxanthin to my regimen a couple of months ago.  I like it a lot.  I seem to have even less joint pain now, which is a good sign.  And I overall feel better.  Plus it is suppose to help protect your skin some from the sun, which will be important for the upcoming summer.

IGNORE

calvinist

RankRank

Total Posts: 45

# 3 ]

June 06, 2011, 03:50 PM

I was reading that rubbing it in your scalp is good to combat hair loss. It brings blood to that area which is what the laser helmet does. Any thoughts about rubbing this in right before a laser session?

IGNORE

J87

RankRank

Total Posts: 75

# 4 ]

June 06, 2011, 08:50 PM

calvinist - June 06, 2011, 03:50 PM

I was reading that rubbing it in your scalp is good to combat hair loss. It brings blood to that area which is what the laser helmet does. Any thoughts about rubbing this in right before a laser session?

Look into the boar bristle brush, there’s an article about it on here.

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 5 ]

June 07, 2011, 03:02 AM

According to Dr. Blanchard:

“For hair loss, I routinely recommend multiple vitamins, and especially evening primrose oil. If there’s any sex pattern to it—if a woman is losing hair in partly a male pattern—then, the problem is there is excessive conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone at the level of the hair follicle. Evening primrose oil is an inhibitor of that conversion. So almost anybody with hair loss probably will benefit from evening primrose oil.”

The question i have is, are the benefits unique to evening primrose oil, or are they the same as any good source of Essential Fatty Acids?

In other words, would this be any better than my krill oil?

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.