New hair growth

Share/Bookmark

jads

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

July 19, 2011, 06:21 AM

Can anyone help me answer a question?

If a healthy, thick terminal hair sheds, does the replacement hair fiber grow back at the same thickness or would it initially grow back thinner and thicken over several weeks\months?

I’m assuming that unless it is affected by AGA thinning, it should grow back a similar thickness, yes?

IGNORE

jads

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

# 1 ]

July 25, 2011, 03:44 AM

anyone care to speculate?

IGNORE

mj

RankRank

Total Posts: 246

# 2 ]

July 25, 2011, 01:25 PM

pure speculation….if a healthy hair falls out of the scalp of a person who has no hair loss it would grow back the same thickness.  If a healthy hair falls from one of our heads how it grows back would be determined by whether or not the hair follicle is being affected by our hair loss….in other words, the location on our scalp or the immediate health of that individual follicle would need to be taken into consideration.  I would think that if it’s in a location on your scalp that has been treated for a long period of time to counter inflammation and nourish the follicle then it would grow back with the best possible thickness.  However, if its in an area that is new to treatment or hasn’t received enough treatment, then it would be possible that it would grow in thinner until the follicle has been treated correctly.

assumming you’re referring to a treated area and you’ve been doing this for a while, I would assume that it would grow back just as thick….but all of this is just speculation.

Tried a lot of things, never stuck with anything. Don’t do that

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 3 ]

August 10, 2011, 08:46 PM

Yes if AGA is not involved it would grow back at the same thickness. Also if AGA is involved it would grow back a little thinner and won’t grow as long before it goes through another shedding cycle. Now if you have AGA and it is effectively treated then when a hair is shed it will grow back alittle thicker and continue this cycle over and over again for about 18 to 30 months. Then it will not improve any further in my humble opinion.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.