When is this site going to be fully operational?

Share/Bookmark

wookin

Rank

Total Posts: 13

July 29, 2011, 11:15 AM

Hey Everyone, it seems that the discussions and posts have slowed over the last several months; is it just me? 

I was actually wondering if the evolution of this site and all the official regimen stuff has been forgotten about?

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 1 ]

July 29, 2011, 09:35 PM

Joe got his first grandchild, the Laser Babe is pregnant, there was all sorts of crazy high volume laser stuff that kept me working all day every day for months, there are a couple of laser side projects I’ve been working on, Nidhogge is still getting the final ingredients together for something… but by god… we’ve been talking offline still quite a bit and we’re still as passionate as we ever have been.  We just all temporarily ran out of time for anything!  I’m actually ready to get back to it, and I’ve installed a crapload of lighting and got a monitor dedicated to dual commentary videos.

Anyway, I’ll get back to this post soon, and I’ll use this one to share some ideas that I’m thinking of.  I’ve got several days of email answering to do before I can do anything.  I think my laptop is actually heavier because I have so many emails in my inbox!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 2 ]

July 30, 2011, 02:36 PM

wookin,

This site has slowed, at first I thought maybe hair loss had been cured and I missed memo.  Hopefully some new stuff is just ahead, otherwise I will really have to pour over all the physiology stuff of IH’s in detail.  I been trying to avoid that, but my progress has stalled and I still need to tweak a few more hairs onto my head.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 3 ]

July 30, 2011, 03:05 PM

Well actually the reason the site has slowed is that I haven’t allowed one single member since May. This is only temporary, though, and I was going to open it up again last week -but actually we had to put one of our cats to sleep last week and it really devastated us so I didn’t feel like it.

We would literally have had several hundred new members and that would have obviously kept it full speed, but since none of us had the time to watch for assholes and spammers, we just turned it off. See… This is the deal. Even now I can go look at other sites, and I see such animosity that it makes my jaw drop. We have the best, most helpful group of posters here (and once again at Immortal’s since we got rid of dickheads like “the natural” that had no business EVER posting in a forum), and I frankly want memberships here to be considered “sought after” -not just any dickhead can register and pop in on a whim and start bullying others.

So, I’ll use this opportunity to announce what we are going to do with registrations -and Zix Creator, Immortal, Nid, and a couple of others agree with me here. You guys familiar with “demonoid” (demonoid.me)??  It’s the best torrent site on the internet, period. It’s the best because they control the membership -which is what we a going to do here. Basically, they usually have “open membership” only one weekend a month, or if you know somebody, they can give you a registration code.  That way, you have to really want to be a part of the community to become a member.  Yeah, you can have dumb luck and happen to visit the site when the registration is open, but more than likely, you’re going to have to keep checking the site. More than likely, the person that keeps checking the site is someone that is going to be a good contributor or someone that is really interested in learning about hair loss!

Another forum owner was interested in making a pay site, but I think that this will accomplish the same thing.  Immortal and I are still intending on making hundreds of videos and a weekly show -and if this gets “promoted” at all, it’s going to bring a lot of people to the site that we might not want as members. In other words, it’ll bring the typical posters that post inflammatory attacks like they do in comments of youtube and other news sites.

Anyway, I’ll see if I can get that set up before August 1st.  I really, really, really want people to TAKE PRIDE in their memberships, and I hope people will feel like more of an exclusive club that’s a cut above the rest with this.

I’ll call Immortal and Nidhogge and set up a time to record our first video to get the ball rolling. It’ll probably be a description of everything in the top six (because I don’t even know what everything does in it!!).

Anyway, a good cat and a great friend had to be put to sleep this week, so anyone that’s an animal lover please give a few kind thoughts to “Karl”.  This was him, as some of you may remember from my old posts on building the original Laser Messiah:

l.jpg

That was the original tin foil mold I made.  Turns out it was too small (this is before I put towels on my head first), but it looked great as CAT WINGS! lol…

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 4 ]

July 31, 2011, 01:22 PM

Great update!  Thank you, my friend…

IGNORE

Calbruin

RankRank

Total Posts: 49

# 5 ]

August 01, 2011, 01:37 AM

OMG: its true. When you look at other sites and the type of responses they get to basic questions and comments, it makes you realize just how far ahead this site truly is. There is no other website that I know of where you can find such a supportive and progressive group of people.

FYI I just hit the two year mark on th helmet. Every day better than the last.

IGNORE

wookin

Rank

Total Posts: 13

# 6 ]

August 02, 2011, 10:57 AM

Thanks OMG, that is great news. Congrats to both you (and laserbabe) and Joe for the new additions to the family. And thanks for the update. I was only concerned because of all the think Calbruin mentioned. This site is the best and I really hoped that it wasnt going to dwindle away.

Im looking forward to the great things moving forward. I also think that membership idea is pretty sweet too. If anyone has been to the Other site which shall not be named lately, they will know why this place rules and will want to earn their spot here. 

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 7 ]

August 02, 2011, 04:19 PM

So sorry to hear about your cat OMG. G sends a woof!

best regards,
M

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 8 ]

August 03, 2011, 06:45 PM

I think all of us have gotten side tracked to a degree. There is a new article I wrote about a syndrome I’ve named SAAB. (Stress Accelerated Androgenic Balding). It offers evidence for the reason why so many people, that are totally obscessed with their hair loss condition, never seem to have any success regrowing their hair or even stopping it from getting worse. That article is ready to go. We would be the first site and the first people, even in the medical community, to actually identify and name this syndrome. When the article is put up I’m hoping the other site members will point to some other studies that provide further evidence for the syndrome.

I also ordered pharmaceutical grade azelaic acid and am planning on trying a new topical. It would contain Zinc, b-6, azelaic acid, bayberry extract, glycerin and alcohol….possibly polysorbate 80 too. I’ll have to see on that. In theory we would be making a topical that demonstrated efficacy in two studies. Bayberry was shown to cut DHT by roughly 80% (50% topically) and there is an invitro study showing zinc, b-6 and azelaic acid cutting 5AR (the precursor of DHT) by 90%. The two combined (if they combine OK and don’t gunk up your hair) should be in my opinion the finest topical in the world. As a matter of fact I don’t think a better topical will ever be invented if this stuff works out OK during testing. I’m also hoping to retail 4 ounces of it for $19.95. So it would also be cheap. Cheap helps people remain compliant over the long run with any treatment for hair loss. The formula would also be micronized.

The major point is that there would be good, solid science behind the formula. It wouldn’t be based on a bunch of B.S…... some long drawn out theory that proposes if you increase this, then this will be changed which will lead to that and then lead to this and blah, blah, blah and that maybe that will grow some hair back.

To me the biggest and best hope for all hair loss sufferers is to somehow cut DHT in the follicle without suffering any systemic side effects. To me the game is still about DHT. To me with regards to a topical the game hasn’t changed in 10 years. I’m certainly not trying to downplay lasers and their benefit or immortals supplements. They are still a very important part of the overall protocol. But I still believe it’s mostly about cutting DHT in the follicle and since these follicles can be targeted topically it seems to me to be the most logical place to start. Hopefully it will end up part of the overall protocol we are all working toward. But it is on the drawing board. I don’t even have the ingredients yet to make the first batch yet alone give it to some people to test.

The point is we haven’t given up. Personally I’ve just gotten side tracked by a bunch of personal stuff. Like John said I now have a grandson that I immediately completely fell in love with. I get to see him almost every day. I also have an 80 year old mother that lives 50 miles away that needs attention. I also have a wife that is visually impaired and requires my help throughout the week. I also have a job, a house, a lawn to cut etc. etc.

All that said, personally I remain passionate about the whole subject of MPB and I will not rest until I’ve come up with the perfect topical. I don’t even care if no one buys it. It’s just something I have got to finish. Super Zix II is a good solid topical. It’s probably as good if not better than anything else out there. But this new topical should in theory be significantly better. Better to the point that there really won’t be anything to ever come along that would actually work any better.

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 107

# 9 ]

August 04, 2011, 08:33 AM

Awesome stuff Zix!

I use Super Zix II and would love to give your new formula a go once it’s available. I think we are kindred souls mate, albeit that my interests are aligned with electronics.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 10 ]

August 04, 2011, 02:31 PM

Hi Zone. Just got an email from my supplier for the pharmaceutical grade AA. They want a pharmaceutical license! That ends that. So now I’ll have to extract it myself. It will be more work but I don’t think it will be too complicated. At least not at first glance.

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 107

# 11 ]

August 05, 2011, 05:45 AM

A few bumps along the way makes for an interesting journey mate. I know you will find a way Zix.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 12 ]

August 10, 2011, 08:41 PM

Thanks zone! I appreciate the encouragement.

IGNORE

pierre

RankRank

Total Posts: 68

# 13 ]

August 12, 2011, 03:56 PM

First of all sorry for your cat :(

Secondly I do not post so much here because I’ve now many answer to my questions, that’s why I think many people do not post here. Once you know what you have to do with topicals and laser helmet, you do not have many question to ask, you just have to wait ; I think this, that is just an idea, but I think it could be what’s happening.
So I connect to see what’s up but I do not post because I have nothing to say on new topics and I don’t want to pollute them.
I personally subscribed to the pulsed lasers thread to see what’s new, and looking and reading to new threads.

Hope people have great holidays wink
And see what happens coming after this summer smile

IGNORE

Scalp Skin Lady

RankRank

Total Posts: 63

# 14 ]

August 21, 2011, 10:34 AM

Congratulations PaPa and future Daddy (Is the World ready for an OMG Jr.?  You Bet! LOL)

Thank you for all the information Zix.  You have given me new inspiration for different avenues.  (Thanks for the kick in the Butt =0)

One of the most valued aspects of this site is not only the high value of It’s informational content, but the people who share their lives, encouragement and understanding in addition to what we’re all trying to achieve.  We all pretty much face similar challenges life styles, the crap economy and personal loss.  I truly appreciate how extraordinary this site and it’s people really are. We support each other and never stop trying to find solutions to hair loss even though life throws in obstacles for us to find way in our way around.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.